Texas recruiting notes 2019

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What a load of horseshit. We beat OU, played them tough in our rematch, beat the dog piss out of ISU, and should have beat WVU. And that was with a pretty average OL and DL. 

So either you're defining "elite" in an extremely strange, specific, manner or you're being ignorant of what the results have told us this season. 

Who the fuck considers WVU and ISU elite teams? OU is half of an elite team and we 1-1 with them. Georgia, bama, Clemson and OSU are elite.

• Like 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

He's nothing like Shepard, though. I think Hookfin is truly indecisive. This has all come at him in the last couple of months.

This isn't like deciding upon which online school has the best schedule for your lifestyle.  Dude....it's Baylor....f'ing Baylor.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

These type people that complain about others bitching are people that settle in life and do not expect more of themselves. Winning championships takes incredible classes and when one does not get a great class it means that winning a championship is probably not in our near future. Who would not bitch about that reality? I will tell you who, people that settle.

Texas has that bat speed to get Kate and I want them to get Kate and if they don't then something is wrong.

tumblr_m9j5xvK3Pm1qe00w7o6_500.gif

Your mom settled that's why she seeks to take it up the ass from anyone who will give it to her.  I passed.  

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

He's nothing like Shepard, though. I think Hookfin is truly indecisive. This has all come at him in the last couple of months.

yeah, hookfin hasn't been recruited since he was in the 9th grade.  dude just probably needed to take a deep breath.  neither Texas or Baylor is going to reject his LOI.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Did we stop liking him?

I thought we were just pissed because he was making a dumb decision and buying Baylor's shit about playing as a freshman.

Even if he signs with Texas, if it's true that he actually believed that he could start as a true freshman, that is concerning. He will need to be de-recruited, not as much as Shepherd, though.

Edited by Machinator

We like Hookfin as a kid who could spend a couple years in our system and become a great player.  Our 2nd choice is for him to start at OT next year, for Baylor. 

Until a few minutes ago, it looked like we were getting our 2nd choice.  Perhaps someone with a brain got in his ear and advised him that playing OT in the Power 5 at his size wasn't so bright. And that Waco kind of sucks for everyone that isn't it to rape and rape coverups. 

35 minutes ago, fellside said:

I don't really understand the panic.  The only position of need where we actually might need some of these recruits to start next year is linebacker.  De'Gabriel Floyd is perhaps the best player in this class, and Caleb Johnson is perhaps the most ready to play.

Everywhere else is about depth.  And I think we are solid at depth at QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, DL, LB and DB.  The only real place we need more depth is interior line, and we have two more months to find some bodies.

It's easy to say we're only getting elite WR and DB, but it's not the case.

I agree with your post..but RB???

Wiltfong on Hookfin. Sounds like the F250 was delivered just in time

Heard at the final hour a change of heart, not sure what it was, but it's not Baylor, at least right now. Seems Texas is alive if not trending towards the Longhorns moving forward.

One source believes Hookfin's parents are high on the Longhorns.