Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I heard football players don’t have to pay federal income tax if they declare themselves sovereign citizens. Texas has no state income tax, relying more on the franchise and property taxes, neither of which apply to scholarship athletes living in dorms. It’s happening!

note to federal authorities: this is a joke. Don’t tase me, bro

This is the funniest shit I’ve read during this whole fiasco.  Bravo

Circumstantially there is no doubt USC staff got Bru to reconsider at least temporarily. To what extent did Texas 995ers play a role of an ignorant bumpkin in this saga, we will not know. Although if past performance is any indication, then I would not be surprised if some 995 cost us a blue chip recruit.

EJHolland247 33482 posts

3 minutes agoVIP

I was told to keep quiet about it, but our USC reported that Bru McCoy is considering entering the transfer portal. Now that the cat is out of the bag with 'the big news,' here is what I know.

— McCoy met with the USC staff and compliance earlier today.

— McCoy entered the day with intentions to enter the transfer portal.

— I'm not sure the exact details of the meeting, but if McCoy did end up filing his request to enter the portal, there is up to a 48 hour window before his name is entered in the portal.

— McCoy is still not in the portal. He could end up staying at USC.

— If McCoy enters the portal, Texas will have the best shot to land him.

— Texas has not been in contact with McCoy. That would be considered tampering

• Like 5

Just now, horn_of_the_morning said:

Circumstantially there is no doubt USC staff got Bru to reconsider at least temporarily. To what extent did Texas 995ers play a role of an ignorant bumpkin in this saga, we will not know. Although if past performance is any indication, then I would not be surprised if some 995 cost us a blue chip recruit.

This would be FCB on steroids...gotta think some 995ers get the Hamm treatment if it really costs them a 5 star

2 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

EJHolland247 33482 posts

3 minutes agoVIP

I was told to keep quiet about it, but our USC reported that Bru McCoy is considering entering the transfer portal. Now that the cat is out of the bag with 'the big news,' here is what I know.

— I'm not sure the exact details of the meeting, but if McCoy did end up filing his request to enter the portal, there is up to a 48 hour window before his name is entered in the portal.

Good lord...really gonna just put it all out there and make it worse...cool, this will go great I’m sure

4 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

EJHolland247 33482 posts

3 minutes agoVIP

I was told to keep quiet about it, but I decided instead to post an oh-so-clever reference to a Kanye West song that was so blatantly transparent everyone figured it out immediately.

fixed it

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

EJHolland247 33482 posts

3 minutes agoVIP

Nice hedge EJ.  Hope you’re right, because if you fuck this up yoill be enjoying frappes while depositing your unemployment check.

• Like 1

I think whoever specifically told EJ to keep it quiet (however he specifically got the information) should have been personally asked and GIVEN PERMISSION if releasing anything was ok (rather than just the info being "out there") because 1) you respect the source as you should and 2) it's the professional thing to do anyway, and adding to the fire with your own info from a source that asked you to be quiet is a bad way to do this job.

Edited by UTDD
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

USC losing their strength and conditioning coach in next couple days combined with no real plan on hiring an offensive coordinator two weeks after Kliff bailed... Pretty much everything about the USC dumpster fire situation coming true....

I'd get out while I could too.

Contrast that with the (likely) stability that will be seen at Texas over the next 3-4 years.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, soooooo, about that “transfer portal doesn’t matter “ and “$9.95ers wouldn’t fuck this up” stuff. Right. 

Are you implying that if the news broke before he wanted it to, that he would change his mind?  If so, why the fuck would he even have floated it out there?

• Like 2

If he went in thinking about adding name to portal, he has really no good reason not to. Only downside would be USC saying they don't want him back next year... like he would have issue finding another home.

All the leverage is created if he files his intent to transfer.

I think the only concern about fucking things up is the hope that Texas could then get him signed before anyone else tried to talk $$$ with him. (as Norla Horns points out)

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Good lord...really gonna just put it all out there and make it worse...cool, this will go great I’m sure

Once the USC reporters found out, damage was done already. There’s no making it worse at this point, the “made worse” part happened this morning/early afternoon.

• Like 1