Texas recruiting notes 2019

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. A home run. You almost never hear that. Maybe he'll get the rare "he was blown away during his home run official visit."

I wish these guys would think a little about writing since that is a big part of their job. You can't tell much when they use the same descriptors (superlatives) for every fucking thing.

Glad to hear the visit went well.

SoĀ  the home run was wind blown?

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

our offensive line recruiting seems to be going a littleĀ pear shaped

Ā 

2 hours ago, derp said:

Some may see it as thicc

Ā 

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

Jay is built like a bad bitchĀ 

Broad birthing hips.

He will bear many children.

#fertiletackle

• Haha 1

Per Jonathan Wells, JUCO offensive tackle Jay Williams had a post high school growth spurt and was a 6'3 DE at San Diego St, and was moved to offensive tackle days before the start of this fall season

So while the hudl might not look good, he hasn't been playing the position for longĀ 

5 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

KK: ā€œSo, uh, Mr. McCoy, please pay no mind to the internet rumors of me being gay. I definitely bang poon.ā€

Ā 

Mrs. McCoy: ā€œWhat?!ā€

Ā 

KK: ā€œNothin. Are yā€™all familiar with Zach Smith?

You know, it's probably time to stop dreaming about Bru. Ā Great that we're in the running, but the Mater Dei (Bru's HS) stars usually end up at USC. Ā Some of that is the SoCal/Orange County culture along with a long history of great players who went on to USCĀ -- e.g.,Ā Matt Leinart (Heisman winner, lost to us in 2005 title game), Matt Barkley (4 year starter at QB), JT Daniels (likely 4 year starter) and plenty of others. Ā At the end of the day, I think the USC/SoCal culture will win out and Bru will head there. Ā Anything can happen (it's recruiting) but best to be prepared ...Ā 

Edited by Herminator

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

aggy is waking up and realizing we have a good class in their own aggy way

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

DtqUrSgUUAEeFQD.jpgDtqUr6cUUAAK6e1.jpgDtqUsXaU4AYQILk.jpgDtqUs7IV4AER8f0.jpg

DtqU38oV4AY9SKV.jpgDtqU4dgUwAAaHm7.jpgDtqU5fGU8AEL5Im.jpgDtqU6cwVYAIu7fs.jpg

Ā 

It's a good reminder for us here the good work Tom and his staff have done putting this class together. Texas being down for so long + Jimbo coming in with all the press and wearing cowboy boots and yada yada didn't leave much room for Herman to mess around and drudge along in state, yet Tom and Co haveĀ STILL pulled some great in state prospects.

Ā 

Go ahead, get it out of your system, Aggy.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Mack City Bitch said:

fuck me gently, Shaggy had a replacement board this whole time?! I've spent all this time on goddamn OB for nothing. i've got 597 pages to catch up on, nobody post for a sec

no problem, man, we will put all of this on hold. Ā welcome back.Ā 

TFB Open Post:Ā https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/12/open-post-wednesday-december-5th/

Iā€™m Back | Quick-Hitters | Stevenson, McCoy, Watson
ā€“ Super K

Was out last week but I am back and ready to rock for early signing period. A few notes to get upā€¦

***In general, Iā€™m expecting mostly Texas commits in for official visits this weekend. Guys like Caldwell, Mgpagi, Owens, Wiley, Tillman. Next weekend will be a bigger recruiting weekend so I suspect we will see some non-committed players in town.

***One of the players who I think youā€™ll see come in next weekend is JUCO RB Rhamondre Stevenson. Iā€™m waiting to hear back from him on a date but again, I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him come in for his Texas official next weekend (Dec. 14th)

***Also, speaking on Texas commits, there was a lot of questions around whether or not Kenyatta Watson would ultimately sign with Texas. There was some concern that Tennessee would manage to flip him in the end.

The latest Iā€™ve heard is that coach Herman and coach Washington will be by to see him this Wednesday. And the talk of Tennessee, according to someone close to Watson, is ā€œdead. He is signing with Texasā€¦ā€

***I believe Charlie passed on my note regarding Bru McCoy, last week. I still see this one trending USC. The question Iā€™ll be checking on this week is if Texas will reengage with Kennedy Lewis. It would still be nice to add an athletic big bodied receiver. Lewis doesnā€™t take a back seat to anyone in terms of size and athleticism even if heā€™s still raw.

***Also, JUCO LB target, Caleb Johnson took his official visit to Oregon this weekend. Iā€™ll try to catch up with him over the phone but I did exchange text messages with him once I got back from vacation and he said that Oregon has not locked this one up. He said heā€™s still deciding between Texas, Oregon and Arkansas.

Thatā€™s gotta be a good sign given the fact that he grew up an Oregon fan. I kind of thought this one would be over on the trip. But at least according to Johnson, itā€™s not.

***Lastly, congrats to Longhorn nation. I wasnā€™t able to see the game where I was but a Big 12 championship and Sugar Bowl invite against Georgia in the second year under Hermanā€¦that has to feel great!

The class is mostly finished so Iā€™m not sure it will have much of an effect on the 2019 class but itā€™ll be great to use in the off-season to recruit 2020.

Jalen Catalon Update
ā€“ Andrew King

Texas currently has 21 commitments in their 2019 class as December begins. So that means the majority of the work is done, but there are still a few key uncommitted recruits out there. One is Mansfield Legacy (TX) safety Jalen Catalon.

Catalon let me know that Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar will be in Mansfield to visit with the top safety.

Catalon has a final four of Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, and Arkansas. He has taken official visits to Arkansas and Oklahoma during the season. He told me that heā€™ll be in Austin on December 14th. That seems to be shaping up as the big recruiting weekend for uncommitted targets.

Catalon has said he wants to make a decision in January, but told me it wonā€™t be in early January. ā€œMy TCU official visit will be on January 11th. So I will have a [commitment] date after that visit.ā€

Ā 

MY TAKE: There has been a lot of talk for awhile about Arkansas being the biggest threat to Texas. Two of Catalonā€™s high school teammates are committed to Arkansas, and Chad Morris has probably been in most involved head coach in Catalonā€™s recruitment. They know Catalon can be a ā€˜program changingā€™ guy for them. But donā€™t sleep on TCU here. Iā€™ve been told on multiple occasions that if Catalonā€™s parents could make the decision, heā€™d be at TCU. Them getting the final visit is also a reason to watch out for them. But Texas has a HUGE opportunity to blow them away in a few weeks coming off a very successful regular season in 2018.

Demariyon Houston & Wide Receivers | Quick-Update
ā€“ Super K

As you all know by now, Demariyon Houston decommitted from Texas.

The most polite way I can word this is weā€™ll call it a mutual parting of ways. It does not appear to have anything to do with interest from Oklahoma. The Sooners have not been in touch.

Iā€™m told the targets remain Bru McCoy, Bru McCoy and Bru McCoy.

I kid, sort of. Obviously, Higgins and Kennedy Lewis are still out there and remain targets to a degree. But I donā€™t think Texas is going to make any determinations until they know what McCoy is going to do.

The Longhorns continue to feel they have a shot at McCoy.

Youā€™ve got to think theyā€™re also waiting to see what Collin and LJ decide. Last I heard, neither have made a final decision.

Ā