Texas recruiting notes 2019

Didn't Peyton say that one of the reasons he committed to Texas was because they were going to give him a chance at QB?

That exactly what I said. He said Peyton wants to play in the nfl and knows he has a better shot at wr or qb. But who knows things could’ve changed and maybe he went to play qb now.

I was at a game when they played mhs and all they do is run the triple option, he barely threw.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Are you calling utexas8's brother a liar?

Not at all. There could be a number of things at play here which could explain this situation.

Yes, there is a possibility that he is a rampant, uncontrollable, pathological liar. There could be some concept of Napoleon complex at work prompting him to spout anything to seem relevant in conversation, also known as the Ketchum/Hamm corollary. The huffing of bath salts, paint thinner, or gasoline is also a possible explanation for this behavior. Dementia, brain parasites, gluten allergies are all on the table. And lest we forget that he could just a massive, hand wringing gash who is still waiting for Sam Ehlinger to decommit. Honestly there's no way to know. .

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Interesting offer - according to 247 he is supposed to announce in 10 days.  Has offers from FSU, USC, Michigan, and now Texas but is a 3-star barely top 1000 player.

late bloomer evidently

• 10/30 - Miss State
  • 11/7 - USC
  • 11/13 - Fla State
  • 11/17 - Michigan
  • 11/21 - tOSU
  • 12/2 - Oregon
  • 12/6 - Texas

re: OVs: took one to USC on 11/9 and FSU on the books for 12/15

Edited by NoName

7 minutes ago, Mack City Bitch said:

this guy a super late bloomer or is the 13th best player in Indiana usually this sought after?

offer list for last years #10 prospect

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Madison-Norris-91478/RecruitInterests/

notable offers:

Indiana, Louisville, Minnesota, Mizzou, NC State, Pitt, Purdue, Tenn 

2017 #10 prospect: https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Caleb-Jones-86870/RecruitInterests/

Indiana, Cincy, Illinois, Purdue

42 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Not a lot of guys out there who can dunk with a 5 inch vertical.  If he was shorter, I'd say he was a great OG prospect.  The weight is concerning a little.  He doesn't look like he's carrying a ton of bad weight so how much weight could he lose?  It might be another Kendell Jones situation.  He does have great feet for his frame and moves surprisingly well.  If we could get 30 lbs off him, he could be a really nice take.

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think it was CTJ who said this, but Herm Edwards can be a compelling guy to kids with certain mentalities. Im not going to lose sleep, but adimora to asu for the werkend isnt something to casually dismiss. Edwards can. One across as a great mentor, espescially to kids who want to make a difference in the lives if others, he had an nfl pedigree, etc. 

Not to mention he was a coach for the Under Armour game that he can sell. That worries me a bit, but he doesn't have a relationship with Edward's, either. So to me it's just a minor worry. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Not to mention he was a coach for the Under Armour game that he can sell. That worries me a bit, but he doesn't have a relationship with Edward's, either. So to me it's just a minor worry. 

I'm not going to tell you it's a minor worry or not, but Adimora has at least been flirting with ASU for a month, since this subject came up back then. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not going to tell you it's a minor worry or not, but Adimora has at least been flirting with ASU for a month, since this subject came up back then. 

Ah, ok. I didn't know that. I vaguely remember them mentioning ASU, but I guess seeing as its them, I didn't worry too much. I guess we'll just have to see if he's smart enough to stay with coaches who can make him better in the end. 

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

ASU is a dumpster fire right now. The alumni out here would love nothing better than for Herm to fuck off. They weren't excited about him when he was hired and I don't think their 7-5 season has anyone feeling optimistic about the future.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Marcus Washington senior HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/v/2AbjgG

Fuck yes. Some good downfield blocking clips thrown in here. This guy recently received a +173 place bump but is still - 427 spots from his initial ranking via 247. That's WITH the +173. 247 sees him as a 3* WR. 467 in the nation, 60th best WR.  He's 145 in the nation via Rivals and 171 for ESPN.