Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1) Interesting that Whitner might be an OL recruit at guard....

2) DJ Williams lighter recruitment by Florida & Miami is puzzling??

IT:  

1) Antoine Whitner, IMG (FL): Really good athlete for a 6-foot-4, 295 pound defensive tackle, but I wonder if they're projecting him to guard. I'm trying to learn more about this kid.

One who likely won't make it (to visit Texas)

2)DJ Williams, Sebring (FL): Sebring is not only @Scipio Tex 's negotiated IT company car, but also home to the very talented and late blooming running back. At one point he was scheduled to visit but we think he'll visit Alabama this weekend and Georgia next. About that late blooming; Florida tight end coach, Larry Scott, is the brother of Williams' high school coach, Lavaar Scott. Florida isn't pursuing Williams at all, and Miami certainly isn't recruiting him like you'd expect, especially given Williams' talent, Miami's horrendous class, and their 'in' both with Scott and Edgerrin James being his uncle.

Edited by LTtxfan

All that’s left after sanders picks bama is the wrap up where they say he was really close to choosing Texas and that being in a losing battle vs bama for a recruit is a positive optic for the Texas program and will pay dividends in the 2020 class and beyond. 

I’m sure it’s already written. 

But im still going to allow myself to entertain the idea that we somehow get sanders or McCoy and it becomes one of the big stories for the first signing day.  Until both guys publicly choose usc and bama. It’s more fun that way. 

• Like 3

Still don’t know why they think Bobby burton has such power. 

Mans even less clue why they care. If they think our class is overrated, they should be thrilled isn’t of complaining. 

Likewise with their own class and underrating. If you think you signed 25 outstanding prospects, who cares where they are ranked?  Their actual play isn’t at all correlated to their ranking. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I assume that Daddy guy is one of you trolling their boards. 

Well first, you made the mistake of an assumption and aggy without first reminding yourself that they're, in fact, aggy. 

Second, where the fuck you been? That guy is almost as entertaining as hamm. Think his real name is Paul Hilsinki or some such. 

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Well first, you made the mistake of an assumption and aggy without first reminding yourself that they're, in fact, aggy. 

Second, where the fuck you been? That guy is almost as entertaining as hamm. Think his real name is Paul Hilsinki or some such. 

https://agents.farmers.com/tx/houston/paul-pesek

(I'm not doxxing him, he's made it very clear on multiple boards that that's him - he used to link to it from his account on one of the aggy sites)

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

https://agents.farmers.com/tx/houston/paul-pesek

(I'm not doxxing him, he's made it very clear on multiple boards that that's him - he used to link to it from his account on one of the aggy sites)

Hmmm, maybe he’s a bigger fan of Jimbo’s family lifestyle than we realize.fa73296e64a987b1cc99ba7a4d597c4a00af0c5a

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I may be in the minority here, but I am not super excited by this new Missouri pipeline we have. Washington's Sr. Huddle is pretty good, but nothing jumps out at me on it as being a game breaker. Daniel Carson was pretty meh and needs a few seasons in the weight room before even considering hitting the field. Dele is TBD, i want to believe he will be good, but Floyd may jump him from Day 1. I am not sure both of those guys will see the field at the same time, but I could be very wrong on that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I may be in the minority here, but I am not super excited by this new Missouri pipeline we have. Washington's Sr. Huddle is pretty good, but nothing jumps out at me on it as being a game breaker. Daniel Carson was pretty meh and needs a few seasons in the weight room before even considering hitting the field. Dele is TBD, i want to believe he will be good, but Floyd may jump him from Day 1. I am not sure both of those guys will see the field at the same time, but I could be very wrong on that.  

Dele might never play a serious down at Texas. Marcus Washington is a stud. Carson was never a highly ranked guy anyway.

But, taking absolutely none of that into account...Go look at Mookie Cooper's highlights and silently go sit in the corner in shame, sir. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Good athletes and good players come from everywhere. St. Louis and Kansas City are big enough to have plenty of good players.

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Washington is a top 200 national recruit who has offers from Texas, tOSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, OU, Penn St, USC, etc. Let's pump the brakes before deciding he ain't shit.

Daniel Carson didn't play a snap this year. At best you can give him an incomplete, but saying he was "pretty meh" isn't correct.

Adeoye started off the season hurt - and he was behind a guy who has started 27 career games, played in 48 and earned 4 letters at Texas. It's kind of hard to make an impact in college football as a true freshman anyway. I would think the fact that Wheeler was not very good for much of the season and the fact that Adeoye is going to end up taking a RS makes it clear that he wasn't going to be much of an actual upgrade over Wheeler if one at all this year. Also, I thought Floyd played a different position (Rover) than Adeoye (Mac) in a perfect world?

The odds of both of those guys being on the field at the same time (just to be clear both guys would have 4 years to play 4 as of today) - is extremely high considering that next year the returning DEs on the depth chart include the following players:

• Ta'Quon Graham
  • Malcolm Roach
  • Marquez Bimage

...and that's it. Carson is pretty damn likely to play next year almost no matter what. Adeoye is maybe the only LB on the roster next year who actually projects to be a Mac in an ideal world.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dele might never play a serious down at Texas. Marcus Washington is a stud. Carson was never a highly ranked guy anyway.

But, taking absolutely none of that into account...Go look at Mookie Cooper's highlights and silently go sit in the corner in shame, sir. 

So you are projecting an uncommitted player in the class of 2020 as to why I am wrong? Cool cool cool. 

Cooper looks legit, and I may be underselling Washington, but just my naked eye tells me that most of their top end kids in state would be mid tier guys here that TCU and Tech would be fighting over. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

So you are projecting an uncommitted player in the class of 2020 as to why I am wrong? Cool cool cool. 

Cooper looks legit, and I may be underselling Washington, but just my naked eye tells me that most of their top end kids in state would be mid tier guys here that TCU and Tech would be fighting over. 

I'm using an uncommitted player in the class of 2020, who is from Missouri, and who is goddamn electric and heavily considering Texas because of relationships built as proof that shitting all over a pipeline is stupid.

To put it another way, shitting all over a pipeline that has produced talented players and has an elite talent in 2020 seems really stupid. You know what, fuck this whole recruiting Arizona and California thing while we're at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

No clue. I would presume the guys saying he’s gone are privy to something. It shouldn’t surprise any of us. 

I know nothing but would be shocked if he doesn’t transfer. He seemed unhappy and seemed to feel he was undervalued even when he was getting carries. Now he’s a distant third behind Ingram and Young (for touches next year). 

52 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You forgot to log in as Satya before posting this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Do recruiting gurus think every tall guy that plays OL has high upside?  Because after reading that a guy who already played 2 years of JUCO ball still doesn’t have upper body strength, an initial punch, flexibility, the ability to bend, or technique, my mind is NOT thinking, “Oh wow, high upside!  He’s 6’6”!”

Punch and technique can be developed with proper instruction; strength can be built with an above-average college S&C program. Bend and flexibility is more of a problem.

Edited by Machinator

48 minutes ago, NoName said:

Washington is a top 200 national recruit who has offers from Texas, tOSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, OU, Penn St, USC, etc. Let's pump the brakes before deciding he ain't shit.

Daniel Carson didn't play a snap this year. At best you can give him an incomplete, but saying he was "pretty meh" isn't correct.

Adeoye started off the season hurt - and he was behind a guy who has started 27 career games, played in 48 and earned 4 letters at Texas. It's kind of hard to make an impact in college football as a true freshman anyway. I would think the fact that Wheeler was not very good for much of the season and the fact that Adeoye is going to end up taking a RS makes it clear that he wasn't going to be much of an actual upgrade over Wheeler if one at all this year. Also, I thought Floyd played a different position (Rover) than Adeoye (Mac) in a perfect world?

The odds of both of those guys being on the field at the same time (just to be clear both guys would have 4 years to play 4 as of today) - is extremely high considering that next year the returning DEs on the depth chart include the following players:

• Ta'Quon Graham
  • Malcolm Roach
  • Marquez Bimage

...and that's it. Carson is pretty damn likely to play next year almost no matter what. Adeoye is maybe the only LB on the roster next year who actually projects to be a Mac in an ideal world.

Ossai looked good on his tfl/ff vs iowa state, definitely a who was that play.  didn't get to see his ku game, first career start.

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I have seen many of his posts. He is so unintentionally funny he has the faint whiff of troll status. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dele might never play a serious down at Texas.

I'm a casual observer on the recruiting board, so excuse my ignorance...but what leads you to say this?

Is he getting recruited over in 2019?  Is he a head case?  Injury prone?

I seem to remember Dele being a highly ranked recruit, but he was just a freshman this year who was injured half of the year and will be taking a RS.

Just now, Wiler77 said:

I'm a casual observer on the recruiting board, so excuse my ignorance...but what leads you to say this?

Is he getting recruited over in 2019?  Is he a head case?  Injury prone?

I seem to remember Dele being a highly ranked recruit, but he was just a freshman this year who was injured half of the year and will be taking a RS.

He's a hard worker and a good teammate, he's just a big, slow (for the Big XII) headbanging LB, and there aren't a lot of situations that call for that with our schedule except for LSU and K-State. Sydney's probably being hyperbolic, but it's easy to see a way we struggle to use his strengths.