Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

You guys kick ass

Absolutely. Due to work I’m going to be separated from the family for awhile and all I had for companionship was the dog, booze and the shag. Then the shag got nuked from orbit but you guys carried on. If you or a close relative needs a kidney,  please PM if that function’s available 

1 minute ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Hearing NaNa and others talk about the UT “movement”, I have a gut feeling we won’t lose Texas kids to Notre Dame, tOSU, and Stanford anymore. Herman is weaponizing “Texas kids play at Texas”.

The Catholic connection with NaNa is worrisome..

55 minutes ago, golfclap said:

"I just love Notre Dame because of the culture and the tradition that they have up there," Osafo-Mensah said. "It is really cool to me and even my family really loved Notre Dame and everything like that. I just like what my family believes and what school they want me to go to is really important too."

"I really like UT because of the business program that they have down there and they will really provide a really good academic basis for me," Osafo-Mensah explained. "I really have a strong relationship with some of the players down there and even like Jordan Whittington, we have been talking about it and the UT movement and all of that good stuff."

Wasn't he the one who tweeted something about head vs the heart regarding his decision? If yes, it seems like we're the head. (Insert joke).

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is it NaNa Osafo-Mensah that the 995 guys hint about having off-the-field issues ? It seems like Notre Dame would back off if they were meaningful.

NaNa is a stand up kid. 

He hasn't been discussed much by the $9.95ers because he's been written off as a Domer lock for months. I think that dynamic is changing. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is it NaNa Osafo-Mensah that the 995 guys hint about having off-the-field issues ? It seems like Notre Dame would back off if they were meaningful.

Nah.  He's from a Nigerian immigrant family that has had him in private school from kindergarten and that cares about academics first and foremost.   

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

Absolutely. Due to work I’m going to be separated from the family for awhile and all I had for companionship was the dog, booze and the shag. Then the shag got nuked from orbit but you guys carried on. If you or a close relative needs a kidney,  please PM if that function’s available 

You can send kidneys over PM? This truly is the future.

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

NaNa is a stand up kid. 

He hasn't been discussed much by the $9.95ers because he's been written off as a Domer lock for months. I think that dynamic is changing. 

But IT has made veiled comments about hoping the staff has vetted him enough. Maybe a love for the sport thing? Or just IT being obtuse.

I wasn't too familiar with the shag until hearing about its closing but I'm big into Texas football and recruiting so this seems like a community I'd like to get involved with. 

I'll start off by calling my shot: We finish with the #6 class in 2019. More than a third of the class is out of state, including 2 five stars. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I wasn't too familiar with the shag until hearing about its closing but I'm big into Texas football and recruiting so this seems like a community I'd like to get involved with. 

I'll start off by calling my shot: We finish with the #6 class in 2019. More than a third of the class is out of state, including 2 five stars. 

Was about to rep you, but you forgot the most important line for a first-time poster...

OU Sucks!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Fuck That.  Errbody!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I'll start off by calling my shot: We finish with the #1 class in 2019. More than a third of the class is out of state, including Errbody. 

FIFY 

giphy.gif

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

No. 6 class? GTFO.

• Like 1

EJ after dark: Top prospects planning Texas visits

— Wekiva (Fla.) outside linebacker Rian Davis is looking to use some official visits in early June, and Texas is a likely landing spot. The Longhorns have been recruiting him hard since offering earlier this month and are making a big impact in his recruitment. Davis attended Clear Lake in the Houston-area last year and would love to return to the Lone Star State to play college ball. Texas should be in the thick of things until the very end in this recruitment.

— Huntsville defensive lineman and Texas commit T’Vondre Sweat told me that he is looking to visit Austin at some point this week or weekend. Sweat picked the Longhorns last month and is firmly solid. He is looking forward to making it back to campus and checking out a practice.

— Mater Dei (Calif.) quarterback Bryce Young, the nation’s top signal-caller in 2020, is planning to make it campus at some point before spring ball comes to a close. Young does not hold an offer from Texas at this point in the process, but that could change if he does in fact make it to campus, especially since he is planning to make an early decision.

— Another big-time 2020 prospect looking to make a visit to Texas at some point in April is four-star Saint Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) running back Mookie Cooper. He picked up an offer from the Longhorns last year. He also holds scholarships from Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma and others.

Blair Angulo: Five-star DT Faatui Tuitele recaps busy spring break

Faatui Tuitele made use of his spring break earlier this month to hit the road for three big stops and it's put a whole new spin on his recruitment. After having mostly seen programs on the West Coast, the five-star defensive tackle from Honolulu (Hawaii) St. Louis visited LSU, Oklahoma and Texas -- in that order -- in the span of four days and gave each of those trips high marks. "I loved all of the visits and my family really enjoyed all three of them," Tuitele told 247Sports. "It would be hard to pick out which one was best." The 6-foot-4, 299-pound prospect, who ranks No. 24 overall in the 2019 class and No. 2 among defensive tackles, per the 247Sports Composite, discussed what made his visits to Baton Rouge, Norman and Austin enjoyable.

-- LSU: "The environment the coaches have there is very welcoming. My whole family loved it and we all saw the energy they brought in practice, so it was good to see. I got to sit in on defensive line meetings and it was good to listen to all the schemes. Just seeing coach (Ed) Orgeron coach and knowing he's a defensive lineman himself, it was good to know they emphasize the position at LSU."

-- Oklahoma: "I got the offer while on campus and it felt really good to get that. We watched the practice, got to sit in on a meeting and meet with coach (Calvin) Thibodeaux and coach (Lincoln) Riley. All the coaches are great people and the love they showed us stood out to me. They told me they plan to stay in contact with me and probably come out to see me in the spring."

-- Texas: "I also got the Longhorns offer on the visit and it was great to chat with coach (Oscar) Giles, coach (Jake) Langi and coach (Tom) Herman. They took me around the campus and it was easy to see that they are great coaches, but also great people. Talking to coach (Bryan) Carrington, they explained to me that Austin is the big team in town, so the fan base is huge and hardcore."

With those three completed, Tuitele has two big stops set for next month. "We're going to hit Alabama on April 3 and I know we have Ohio State set for April 6," Tuitele said. "We might visit Auburn, if time permits. We're still trying to decide what other trips we'll make in the summer. I'm not sure yet on officials or which five I'd take; I'm looking at the season or maybe winter break heading toward signing day." Tuitele is the top-rated prospect in the state of Hawaii for the 2019 class, per the 247Sports Composite.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Faatui Tuitele made use of his spring break earlier this month to hit the road for three big stops and it's put a whole new spin on his recruitment. After having mostly seen programs on the West Coast, the five-star defensive tackle from Honolulu (Hawaii) St. Louis visited LSU, Oklahoma and Texas -- in that order -- in the span of four days and gave each of those trips high marks. "I loved all of the visits and my family really enjoyed all three of them," Tuitele told 247Sports. "It would be hard to pick out which one was best." The 6-foot-4, 299-pound prospect, who ranks No. 24 overall in the 2019 class and No. 2 among defensive tackles, per the 247Sports Composite, discussed what made his visits to Baton Rouge, Norman and Austin enjoyable.

-- LSU: "The environment the coaches have there is very welcoming. My whole family loved it and we all saw the energy they brought in practice, so it was good to see. I got to sit in on defensive line meetings and it was good to listen to all the schemes. Just seeing coach (Ed) Orgeron coach and knowing he's a defensive lineman himself, it was good to know they emphasize the position at LSU."

-- Oklahoma: "I got the offer while on campus and it felt really good to get that. We watched the practice, got to sit in on a meeting and meet with coach (Calvin) Thibodeaux and coach (Lincoln) Riley. All the coaches are great people and the love they showed us stood out to me. They told me they plan to stay in contact with me and probably come out to see me in the spring."

-- Texas: "I also got the Longhorns offer on the visit and it was great to chat with coach (Oscar) Giles, coach (Jake) Langi and coach (Tom) Herman. They took me around the campus and it was easy to see that they are great coaches, but also great people. Talking to coach (Bryan) Carrington, they explained to me that Austin is the big team in town, so the fan base is huge and hardcore."

With those three completed, Tuitele has two big stops set for next month. "We're going to hit Alabama on April 3 and I know we have Ohio State set for April 6," Tuitele said. "We might visit Auburn, if time permits. We're still trying to decide what other trips we'll make in the summer. I'm not sure yet on officials or which five I'd take; I'm looking at the season or maybe winter break heading toward signing day." Tuitele is the top-rated prospect in the state of Hawaii for the 2019 class, per the 247Sports Composite.

put him in the calculator!!!

32 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hearing him mention both Langi and BC by name has to bode well for the good guys.

Edited by BigBenBamboozle

I think we win 9-10 this season and with that Errrbody is likely. It will just be too much momentum for a struggling aggy team even with their new head cuck. LSU is down. OU will definitely be a threat, but Herman seems to have a plan to lock down Texas talent and cherry pick a few national bad mfers. Is this kool-aid spiked?

3 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

I think we win 9-10 this season and with that Errrbody is likely. It will just be too much momentum for a struggling aggy team even with their new head cuck. LSU is down. OU will definitely be a threat, but Herman seems to have a plan to lock down Texas talent and cherry pick a few national bad mfers. Is this kool-aid spiked?

Look--I know we've been wandering in the CFB wilderness for a while, now, but we could've easily won 9-10 last season (e.g., if we'd played Maryland after a "tune up" game; the Okie State third and goal OT debacle; the USC OT goal line fumble; Jones blowing coverage on Anderson's wheel route in the OU game; our dumpster fire of a fourth quarter against Tech; etc.).  And every single one of those teams should be significantly worse this year than they were last year.

9-10 isn't super unreasonable.  Neither is errbody.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Look--I know we've been wandering in the CFB wilderness for a while, now, but we could've easily won 9-10 last season (e.g., if we'd played Maryland after a "tune up" game; the Okie State third and goal OT debacle; the USC OT goal line fumble; Jones blowing coverage on Anderson's wheel route in the OU game; our dumpster fire of a fourth quarter against Tech; etc.).  And every single one of those teams should be significantly worse this year than they were last year.

giphy.gif

I go into every season and game with the expectation of winning everything. Realistically though we're going to have some bumps in the road, but 9-10 is definitely achievable and the recruiting momentum from that will be hard to stop for aggy/ousucks/lsu. Its good to see a coach fully utilizing the resources of The University of Texas. I think Hand will make a huge difference on offense as well.

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  So much work being put in by those guys behind the scenes.  Herman really did put together an incredible recruiting staff beyond just the coaches on the field.

Can't leave out his amazing social media team, they are one of if not the best in all of CFB. 

• Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

giphy.gif

We also lost our best playmakers at each level of the defense and an otherworldly punter who was conservatively worth about 150 yards in net field position each game. And we still have Tim Beck as our OC, two QB's who can't stay healthy (one of whom appears to acquire brain damage in crunch time) and giant pile of who the fuck knows on the offensive line.

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We also lost our best playmakers at each level of the defense and an otherworldly punter who was conservatively worth about 150 yards in net field position each game. And we still have Tim Beck as our OC, two QB's who can't stay healthy (one of whom appears to acquire brain damage in crunch time) and giant pile of who the fuck knows on the offensive line.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1