The Kush -- Jared Kushner's Rise to Failure

Patrick Bateman

So.... yep.  Quite a day for The Kush.... 

First, his big chance at playing deal maker went very poorly for him..... He likes to play behind the scenes but Jared's shortcomings are becoming more and more a national problem.  

He was disappointed his strong arm, water downed DACA offer didn't turn Democrats....

Now this little diddy.... not like anyone couldn't have seen this coming.

But hey..... Donald is letting him take point on the Peace in the Middle East to be rolled out later this year.... What could go wrong?

Nancy.... That you?  It's the Cush.... about that DACA deal...

615cd0d7-ab27-4a25-9102-183f6c365767_scr

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I like thinking about how my conservative friends would react if these stories were about an Obama Whitehouse. In this particular case, they would be through the god damned roof. 

They’d all be dead after suffering massive strokes.  I’m not even joking.  They would not be able to handle it.  Obama would have had multiple attempts on his life.  

His pitch to Democratic lawmakers was simple: He told them he was the person who could “land this plane.”

Buoyed by his success in helping pass a criminal justice bill, Mr. Kushner, a senior White House adviser, agreed to take the lead when the president asked him to find a way to end the monthlong stalemate. He hoped his experience winning over Democrats skeptical of the Trump administration during negotiations for that measure would produce a similarly successful conclusion.

But negotiating a broad immigration deal that would satisfy a president committed to a border wall as well as Democrats who have cast it as immoral proved to be more like Mr. Kushner’s elusive goal of solving Middle East peace than passing a criminal justice overhaul that already had bipartisan support.

It was a stunning setback for the president and for Mr. Kushner, who had told colleagues that public opinion would move to their side and that Speaker Nancy Pelosi would emerge as the one who looked unreasonable and intransigent.

Mr. Kushner had advised the president against declaring a national emergency, which would enable him to get funding for his wall without approval from Congress. Instead, he ultimately pushed Mr. Trump toward the announcement he made on Friday, supporting it as a way to buy more time to reach a deal.

Mr. Trump, White House aides said, has been frustrated at everyone around him for not delivering a deal he can accept. And he has become wary of his son-in-law’s advice on this issue, the aides said.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, Blotto said:

If they seize Trump"s assets, they need to place Ivanka's rack in the Smithsonian. It's a goddamn marvel of American ingenuity.

Seriously. You wanna talk ingenuity, see if you can find a pic of her when she was 13

Edited by Doc Reeves

Chris Christie on NPR today saying Jared is the person who the dotard listens to the most and that Kush and Bannon were responsible for literally trashing the transition plan.  Christie is an opportunist, but I feel like he may have had less nefarious intentions than most involved in the campaign.

Kush fired Christie as head of transition. I forget where I heard it, but after he was fired, they supposedly took all of the binders for the transition (that Christie had prepared) and threw them in a dumpster.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/06/562246599/michael-lewis-many-trump-appointees-are-uninterested-in-the-agencies-they-head-u

DAVIES: This is FRESH AIR. And we're speaking with Michael Lewis, the author of "Moneyball" and other books. His latest is "The Undoing Project." He has some articles now in Vanity Fair about how the Trump administration is reshaping the work of several federal departments, among them the Departments of Agriculture and the Department of Energy. I want to talk about the energy department. The energy department had reams of briefing material ready for the Trump team when they arrived. Who showed up, if anyone?

LEWIS: Nobody showed up the day after the election. They - and they were, too - were expecting 20 to 30 people roll in. And they were especially alarmed because like the Department of Agriculture, the energy department is misnamed. It really is misleading. You think it's about energy. It's really more about nuclear weapons. It's where the nuclear stockpile is maintained. And because they're in the middle of national security issues - and they were terrified that the Trump administration was not going to know what it needed to know.

So they had 20 desks and 20 parking spots and so on and so forth, and nobody shows up for several weeks. And when someone shows up, again, it's one guy, and it's a guy who doesn't seem to know very much and doesn't seem actually all that interested in learning what they have to tell him. He shows up kind of in a spirit of, oh, someone - you know, they told me I kind of got to come in here.

Edited by retread

13 minutes ago, retread said:

Kush fired Christie as head of transition. I forget where I heard it, but after he was fired, they supposedly took all of the binders for the transition (that Christie had prepared) and threw them in a dumpster.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/06/562246599/michael-lewis-many-trump-appointees-are-uninterested-in-the-agencies-they-head-u

The very fact that Kushner is in a position to fire anyone, in any company or government in this world, should be cause for alarm.

Two colossally unqualified and corrupt individuals. One's the president, and the other tells him what to do.

If this was another spot in history, someday we’d be reading about the buffoon King who appointed the stableboy as his chief adviser, and got the whole fleet sunk while still in port.

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If this was another spot in history, someday we’d be reading about the buffoon King who appointed the stableboy as his chief adviser, and got the whole fleet sunk while still in port.

"The King looks like the pissboy"

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will hand this to the Kush.  He apparently ramrodded a prison and sentencing reform bill through. It's something that's been idling since the middle of Obama's first term.

Because the Republicans wouldn’t hold a vote when Obama was in the White House.

Kush got a bill through the Democrats wanted. Big whoop.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Chris Christie on NPR today saying Jared is the person who the dotard listens to the most and that Kush and Bannon were responsible for literally trashing the transition plan.  Christie is an opportunist, but I feel like he may have had less nefarious intentions than most involved in the campaign.

Christie strikes me as the type who would have joined the team of whatever Republican won the nomination and/or general election.   He plans on quite a few more years in politics.   Which makes me think that if he had a better view on the shenanigans going on, that he would have bailed before being fired. 

• 1 month later...

I haven't gone back and looked at old news stories, but wasn't it pretty much common knowledge that Cheeto gave Kush his clearance by fiat?

They backtracked a little on Kush's clearance during the Rob Porter crisis, but nothing more was said after that.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, Bama Chick said:

Because the Republicans wouldn’t hold a vote when Obama was in the White House.

Kush got a bill through the Democrats wanted. Big whoop.

Obama's record on prison reform, criminal justice, and related issues was pretty bad for a liberal.  He even fucked off his clemency plan.

And, the prison reform bill, in its various forms, has always been primarily sponsored by Rs, and, gasp, the Koch Brothers.   It sort of defies expectations.

Edited by TwiceHorn