Bruxit 2019

Michael Knight

He gets cleared to play, he isn't redshirting. He'll only get a handful of touches at reciever, maybe even a couple of snaps on defense in whatever specialized defensive package Orlando has cooked up for him. 

I'm not a betting man but I'd almost put money on him starting on ST just to keep his feet wet. If they did it for Green they're definitely going to do it for McCoy. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Only thing is that if Bru is the football player his evaluation, highlights, and ranking suggest, then he's going to be 3-and-out, and I'd rather have him on the field for 3 years than 2. But you're right, if his heart is truly set on WR, then not having him on the field next year wouldn't be as big a loss as one might think.

Is he willing to play some at LB like he did in HS?  Maybe S?  That could come in handy.

18 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

He gets cleared to play, he isn't redshirting. He'll only get a handful of touches at reciever, maybe even a couple of snaps on defense in whatever specialized defensive package Orlando has cooked up for him. 

I'm not a betting man but I'd almost put money on him starting on ST just to keep his feet wet. If they did it for Green they're definitely going to do it for McCoy. 

With Bru's combination of length, speed, body control and tackling ability I would not be sad to see him on coverage teams and maybe punt block / return. 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I mean so long as he is on campus and part of the team who cares if he counts on some stupid ranking? Pissing them off is the only reason.

Nailed it. Utterly meaningless. That said, when aggy gets puffed up with pride and then ... woosh!  Well, that never gets old. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Can somebody tell me what’s going on? He has requested to be released from the program? Is that correct?

if so, does that mean he’s coming here?

He entered the transfer portal.  On another thread someone who claims to have access to the UT registrar info said he is registered here as of yesterday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Read the thread

it wasn't clear to me whether or not something official had been announced.

i feel bad for the kid...obviously he was torn and made the decision he felt was the best...gotta be tough realizing almost immediately you made the wrong decision. 

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

On another thread someone who claims to have access to the UT registrar info said he is registered here as of yesterday.

For what it's worth, he's not in the student directory yet. Not that I've checked, or anything, because that kind of stalking would be creepy and wrong.

49 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

With Bru's combination of length, speed, body control and tackling ability I would not be sad to see him on coverage teams and maybe punt block / return. 

Punt block was my thought. Our teams under Brown were fantastic at blocking kicks and it was because we put our best athletes on those units.

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

For what it's worth, he's not in the student directory yet. Not that I've checked, or anything, because that kind of stalking would be creepy and wrong.

Student directory is always behind. I bet our known early enrollees aren't even on there yet. 

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it wasn't clear to me whether or not something official had been announced.

i feel bad for the kid...obviously he was torn and made the decision he felt was the best...gotta be tough realizing almost immediately you made the wrong decision. 

I'm sure there are a lot of surlies who will tell you it's better to immediately realize you made the wrong decision than to spend years going without blowjobs and putting up with constant nagging.  

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

OK, I've read all of this and I think I'm up to date.  I just have a couple of questions:  Who the F is Jabrill Peppers and when did he win the Heisman?

Michigan guy that won the Heisman in our hearts and minds TheFlyingBoat's heart and mind

Edited by Bevo14

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Punt block was my thought. Our teams under Brown were fantastic at blocking kicks and it was because we put our best athletes on those units.

i'd love to go back to that.  stacking a bunch of our best athletes on st and taking some pride in those units.  plenty of top teams do this, and we used to.

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Maybe winning a National championship here  will make him feel better.

Edited by Laga4

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'd love to go back to that.  stacking a bunch of our best athletes on st and taking some pride in those units.  plenty of top teams do this, and we used to.

I bet we'll see more of this as quality depth improves.  The blocked FG against USC was by Caden Sterns who was playing at a stacked position due to the 2018 haul at safety.  When Herman got here, the Longhorns were barely one deep with a  lot of holes on the roster.  In 2018, that was still true at some positions but the one deep was really good and the holes were mostly addressed.  In 2019, depth is going to be a lot better after b2b top 5 classes and there are going to be tons of great athletes scratching and clawing for PT.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Instead of a Turnover Chain we can have the Block Chain with a giant Bitcoin symbol on it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2019 at 12:31 AM, Valmy77 said:

I wonder if it is possible to have a utility type player these days in the vein of Charles Woodson was back in the 90s. Might we see this guy on offense and defense? Or are things too specialized now?

Jabrill Peppers, Myles Jack, Adoree Jackson, and the QB/LB dude from Iowa State all come to mind. All played within the last 5 years.  I guess you don't follow college football much. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Jabrill Peppers, Myles Jack, Adoree Jackson, and the QB/LB dude from Iowa State all come to mind. All played within the last 5 years.  I guess you don't follow college football much. 

Well I waste way too much time on it as it is. Thanks. We will see if he goes that.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

For what it's worth, he's not in the student directory yet. 

What?  They don't still print thousands of copies of the directory and distribute a month into the semester anymore?  What a world we live in.