Bruxit 2019

Michael Knight

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I wonder if it is possible to have a utility type player these days in the vein of Charles Woodson was back in the 90s. Might we see this guy on offense and defense? Or are things too specialized now?

I was thinking the same thing.  Bru is that talented.  I thought that when he was a Trojan and I think that now that he's a Longhorn. 

Great title M. Knight.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I wonder if it is possible to have a utility type player these days in the vein of Charles Woodson was back in the 90s. Might we see this guy on offense and defense? Or are things too specialized now?

I mean we literally saw Jabril Peppers win a somewhat undeserved Heisman due to the multitude of positions he played a couple years ago, so yeah I'd say it is possible. Whittington would be a better fit for someone to do it but I don't think Whittington wants to, so yeah.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 1

I mean we literally saw Jabril Peppers win a somewhat undeserved Heisman due to the multitude of positions he played a couple years ago, so yeah I'd say it is possible. Whittington would be a better fit for someone to do it but I don't think Whittington wants to, so yeah.

Huh? Heisman?

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

6 hours ago, Snotrocket said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Bru is that talented.  I thought that when he was a Trojan and I think that now that he's a Longhorn. 

Great title M. Knight.

A couple years ago, Clemson was so crippled with injuries in the defensive backfield that WR Ray Ray McCloud, who played CB in high school, started working with the defense and played the majority of the game against NC State at CB. 

The problem is it takes reps away from the player's natural position, but McCloud was eager to help the team, and also show potential scouts his versatility. Bru is a more polished prospect than McCloud, so who knows? 

6 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

We literally didn't.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

You're never living this shit down, my man. 

Show Me a Heisman

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

This must be the royal "we."

My favorite part is that this post was edited. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Here's to him counting for 2019 just for the aggy tears!   Everything else is just gravy.

Yeah I mean so long as he is on campus and part of the team who cares if he counts on some stupid ranking? Pissing them off is the only reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s already released form his LOI from USC

He would need to apply for waiver from the NCAA to play in 2019 because he took a couple classes. 

Thats being said, wouldn’t be need to sign a LOI to Texas, and he would count towards the 2019 class regardless of the waiver?

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He would need to apply for waiver from the NCAA to play in 2019 because he took a couple classes. 

Thats being said, wouldn’t be need to sign a LOI to Texas, and he would count towards the 2019 class regardless of the waiver?

Those Baylor guys who counted towards the class a few years ago didn't sign LOIs did they? I mean they couldn't have.

Huckleberry said it best in another thread, and many people have pointed out there's identical precedent with the Washington commit who transferred to bama last summer, and still counted in the class of 2018 for 'Bama.

But as Huck pointed out:

You're telling me a kid  who is categorized in his HS class of 2019, who has been originally categorized in the 2019 recruiting class, and who will be on campus and taking classes in 2019 isn't going to be counted towards the 2019 class?

JlawOk.gif.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Those Baylor guys who counted towards the class a few years ago didn't sign LOIs did they? I mean they couldn't have.

I thought most of then did, except Duverney, who couldn't because they committed NCAA violations recruiting him and couldn't have him sign  one. But I could be wrong. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pretty sure most of then did, except Duverney, who couldn't because they committed NCAA violations recruiting him and couldn't have him sign  one. 

I thought Baylor just forgot to submit the LOIs thus making them nonbinding for the Duverneys.

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We need to get that waiver, because he might not be here long enough for a redshirt to matter.

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I thought Baylor just forgot to submit the LOIs thus making them nonbinding for the Duverneys.

Duverney is the only one I'm positive about. They didn't "forget." Kendall and another coach showed up at the Texas relays and visited Devin, and that was one visit too many. They "claimed" they forgot, but after realizing the committed an NCAA violation, the opted to simply not give him a NLI as opposed to reporting the violation. Then the plan was he would show up on campus the first day and they'd just have him sign his paperwork there, and everything would be hunky dory. Unfortunately, the Rape Factory was being exposed, and all their commits were having second thoughts and the fact that Duverney never signed shit means they couldn't DO shit with him. Not sure if that's the case with Donovan, but I think they just let him out because no one gave a shit about him on his own anyway. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Yeah the way I remember it is that they submitted the other Duverney twice making Devin's LOI invalid as the time had passed and essentially free to sign anywhere.  The others were eventually released from their LOIs but they never started classes at Baylor.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah the way I remember it is that they submitted the other Duverney twice making Devin's LOI invalid as the time had passed and essentially free to sign anywhere.  The others were eventually released from their LOIs but they never started classes at Baylor.

Yeah...that's not what really happened. 

Just now, Liquor and Poker said:

I thought that's what he'd have to do because he's already enrolled for classes at SC.  Please tell me that's wrong.

He and his family are appealing because SC lied (or at least didn't give them the full truth) to them about Kingsbury and Martin sticking around.

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I thought that's what he'd have to do because he's already enrolled for classes at SC.  Please tell me that's wrong.

He's going to petition the NCAA for a waiver for immediate eligibility.  The general consensus is that he'll get it considering the circumstances of his recruitment, but it's the NCAA.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He and his family are appealing because SC lied (or at least didn't give them the full truth) to them about Kingsbury and Martin sticking around.

Some LA-based talking head on SiriusXM said that he can't appeal because he was an actual student taking classes at SC on a football scholarship.  Didn't make sense but all the other idiots said something like "Oh yeah" as if he knew the rules and the NCAA rules rarely make sense.

Glad to know he's full of shit -I really am too lazy to go look up the rules and read them.

6 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Some LA-based talking head on SiriusXM said that he can't appeal because he was an actual student taking classes at SC on a football scholarship.  Didn't make sense but all the other idiots said something like "Oh yeah" as if he knew the rules and the NCAA rules rarely make sense.

Glad to know he's full of shit -I really am too lazy to go look up the rules and read them.

I thought students had to pay their own way until they signed a LOI. Then, the school can reimburse zim. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the kid taking a redshirt year. We've got a fuck ton of WR already, and if his waiver gets denied he knows he's not going to any other school and starting either. Let him add 15 lbs of muscle and end up a fucking monster. 

Yup CJ and Duvernay will get the majority of the touches next year anyway. Might as well let McCoy RS and learn the offense instead of wasting a year with ~10-15 catches and 1 TD

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the kid taking a redshirt year. We've got a fuck ton of WR already, and if his waiver gets denied he knows he's not going to any other school and starting either. Let him add 15 lbs of muscle and end up a fucking monster. 

Only thing is that if Bru is the football player his evaluation, highlights, and ranking suggest, then he's going to be 3-and-out, and I'd rather have him on the field for 3 years than 2. But you're right, if his heart is truly set on WR, then not having him on the field next year wouldn't be as big a loss as one might think.