2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

1 hour ago, Hmmm said:

if you read my prior post, you would know i do not think anything is wrong with competition (or challenge as you put it).   i don't know where you got that from.  perhaps you should smoke more.  but to "take a shot" at someone, and in context of the article, does seem rather shade-worthy.  very possible his quote was taken out of context or he could have used better words.

as a coach, i would never encourage players to "take a shot" at someone unless they were playing basketball.

1 hour ago, Hmmm said:

and if you can't understand the duality of that quote within the context of the article, well, i can't help ya make that connection

are you arguing with yourself here? wtf is going on? and it doesn't sound like you ever played let alone coached football 

That sounds like a military culture of taking the new guys thru a harassment phase under the ancient theory that it will make them tougher and more effective. The reality, as I’ve now stated multiple times, is that a military style culture in a college football program is probably a disaster strategy. It especially becomes difficult for players coming from out of state.

The player talent of this generation does not respond favorably to 1950’s training techniques. There are some interesting articles out there about how Pete Carroll figured this out. The culture is obviously being set by Herman and this could ultimately be his undoing.

Note, you can have a tough environment that demands performance without demeaning young men.
Doesnt seem to be an issue at alabama or Georgia over the last 10+ years.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:52 AM, Dbeasy said:

That sounds like a military culture of taking the new guys thru a harassment phase under the ancient theory that it will make them tougher and more effective. The reality, as I’ve now stated multiple times, is that a military style culture in a college football program is probably a disaster strategy. It especially becomes difficult for players coming from out of state.

The player talent of this generation does not respond favorably to 1950’s training techniques. There are some interesting articles out there about how Pete Carroll figured this out. The culture is obviously being set by Herman and this could ultimately be his undoing.

Note, you can have a tough environment that demands performance without demeaning young men.

I was wondering why this thread was hitting the top of my feed, and I ended up tracing it alllll the way back to this.

You have no idea what you're talking about, but to make it worse, you're spouting bullshit about a guy that is most likely a disaster waiting to happen at a different school. 

I probably have some issues with Texas' current coaching staff and general practices, but Bru is a fucking headcase. How you can try and use his scenario to comment on Texas football's shortcomings as a whole is beyond me. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 10:05 PM, Hmmm said:

i don't know how to multi-quote after edit.  and yes, i often answer or question myself.  i consider it a conscious.

what makes you think i have never played?

*conscience. Unless you meant to say you consider it being awake. 

Jesus, you guys are fucking slipping. I take a break to watch the the ants swarm the ice cream droplets of bad news in the coronavirus thread and you slappies are letting vocabulary and grammar errors run rampant like Bru McCoy’s unplugged period. Pull yourselves together. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

*conscience. Unless you meant to say you consider it being awake. 

Jesus, you guys are fucking slipping. I take a break to watch the the ants swarm the ice cream droplets of bad news in the coronavirus thread and you slappies are letting vocabulary and grammar errors run rampant like Bru McCoy’s unplugged period. Pull yourselves together. 

damn dude, go find someone elses' grammers to correct. bithcboy.  that post was over 10 days ago and here you come at me ya grammer nazi to make some joke about a teenager. that's kinda fucked up.  don't you have something better to do, like suck off your fuckboys on here.

and yes, i do consider myself awake.  ya know, awareness.  or maybe ya don't.  same reason i was hoping this defiled, decrepit thread would die.  but then ya had to bump it to make an unfunny joke about a teenager while attempting to correct someone's grammers.  may god have mercy on your soul.

Edited by Hmmm
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 11

to correct sentences and grammers and prevent fuckboys and repbangers from adding to this shit storm of a thread by correcting stupid, pointless grammar.  go on, continue your circle jerk of HS athletes.  it's what you do best.

carry on

Edited by Hmmm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

to correct sentences and grammers and prevent fuckboys and repbangers from adding to this shit storm of a thread by correcting stupid, pointless grammar.  go on, continue your circle jerk of HS athletes.  it's what you do best.

carry on

You seem very well adjusted, hon

10 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

to correct sentences and grammers and prevent fuckboys and repbangers from adding to this shit storm of a thread by correcting stupid, pointless grammar.  

So, this is the edited version?

52 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

damn dude, go find someone elses' grammers to correct. bithcboy.  that post was over 10 days ago and here you come at me ya grammer nazi to make some joke about a teenager.

giphy.gif

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 5

Jesus, lighten up Francis. My post was really directed at the regulars around here, you were just the misspelling vehicle that happened to be around. Talk about missing the joke indeed. 

I do love the guys who post on a recruiting board, usually stupidly, then get made fun of by folks who frequent the board. The butthurt l response is always the same, talking about losers who circle jerk over HS kids. Boring and predictable, and hey bud, you posted here first. That irony is obviously lost on you. So why don’t you go wake up a bit more and maybe enjoy a round or two of hooked on phonics. 

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus, lighten up Francis. My post was really directed at the regulars around here, you were just the misspelling vehicle that happened to be around. Talk about missing the joke indeed. 

I do love the guys who post on a recruiting board, usually stupidly, then get made fun of by folks who frequent the board. The butthurt l response is always the same, talking about losers who circle jerk over HS kids. Boring and predictable, and hey bud, you posted here first. That irony is obviously lost on you. So why don’t you go wake up a bit more and maybe enjoy a round or two of hooked on phonics. 

you and CTJ seem to share the same retort.  oh well, "response is always the same".  as if that is a valid defense.  but, nice twist.  

speaking of, you ever hear of the joke about the pitcher and the catcher?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

So if there is no football in Los Angeles this fall, Bru is going to be the best that never was.  

I appreciate you posting this the day after California's governor said he expects sports to be back by June

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Fyi:  New Article behind paywall...    4 days ago

https://usc.rivals.com/news/exclusive-usc-wr-bru-mccoy-focused-forward-after-year-of-adversity 

Exclusive: USC WR Bru McCoy focused forward after year of adversity 

For those who can't see the full article, it says his mystery illness was actually COVID-19 and he is suspected of being patient zero.  You're welcome.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1