2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So after she accused him of kicking her in the ribs, strangling her and breaking her nose with a headbutt - she refused to testify or allow her medical records to be used against him, and the charges were dropped.

Now we know where the NIL money set aside for Addison went - they used it to pay off Bru's gf. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

This is the girlfriend that kept him in LA, right?

Nah. You thinking of this one, and according to my 4 min social media search.. looks like she got a kid with an LA Ram… 

but I’m just takin stabs in the dark. I have no idea 

14BB3DF3-482B-433B-9B40-6781B2A058AB.png

B5F1F7E6-75EA-49A3-B177-0D7563403B4F.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

• 3 months later...

'Out of my control': USC transfer Bru McCoy still not eligible for Tennessee football    🤔

Adam Sparks.     Knoxville News Sentinel

August 19, 2022

It appears Tennessee football will finish preseason practice with Southern Cal transfer wide receiver Bru McCoy still not eligible.

"There are some things that are out of my control and Bru's control and our administration's control in this process," coach Josh Heupel said.

"Everybody on our side is working as hard as they possibly can to make sure we come to a resolution as quickly as possible and give the kid an opportunity to go play."

McCoy must receive a release from USC or get a waiver from the NCAA to become eligible immediately. Either way, cooperation from USC would move the process along.

McCoy's multiple transfers in the past is the obstacle. 

The NCAA allows players to transfer once without sitting out a season. In January 2019, McCoy enrolled at USC, transferred to Texas several weeks later for spring practice and then transferred back to USC that summer before playing a college game.

"Our administration has done everything that they possibly can," Heupel said. "They've been great throughout the entire process from the very beginning, and they're still working as hard as they can to give him the opportunity to play."

On Friday, Tennessee held its final practice open to media. It will finish preseason practice on Saturday and start preparation next week for the season opener.

The Vols will play Ball State on Thursday, Sept. 1 at Neyland Stadium.

But if McCoy is not eligible, he will slip back in the rotation so other receivers can get extra reps. On Friday, sophomore Walker Merrill, freshman Kaleb Webb and walk-on Grant Frerking were ahead of McCoy in drills viewed by media.

Otherwise, McCoy has played well in recent practices and an intrasquad scrimmage last week.

"Getting (McCoy) prepared and being able to rep (game-like situations), you'd like that before you start your regular game plan week," Heupel said. "That's essentially seven days before kickoff, the best-case scenario when you're able to work him and incorporate him for what it's going to look like when we run out of the tunnel."

McCoy was a five-star prospect and the No. 1 athlete in the 2019 recruiting class. He took a redshirt in 2019, played six games (three starts) in 2020 and did not play in 2021. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining, according to Tennessee’s official website.

McCoy had off-the-field issues at USC, but that doesn't appear to be a factor in his eligibility.

McCoy was arrested on July 24, 2021, on suspicion of felony intimate partner violence following an alleged incident with his ex-girlfriend and suspended by USC. But the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to file charges due to insufficient evidence in what it referred to as a “he said, she said domestic violence” case.

USC’s Title IX investigation was dropped in February because McCoy’s ex-girlfriend told USC she would not cooperate in a hearing or grant the school access to her medical records, the Los Angeles Times reported. Her restraining order against McCoy was upheld.

McCoy entered the transfer portal in January, announced his commitment to Tennessee in May and enrolled in June.

Heupel said Tennessee vetted McCoy before accepting his transfer.

"Those things always go through our administration, our compliance department, all the entities on campus," Heupel said. "We feel really good about who he is and how he's approached getting to Knoxville and becoming an integrated part of our football team and our campus life.

Thx for finding this article @JMFP

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I missed this one:

On January 18, 2022, Tate Martell announced he was retiring from football.

Same for Bru in the near future?

Just looked up his career stats. 35 career attempts, 1 career td (2 rushing). Amazing, I can’t think of another high profile recruit that couldn’t even get on the field even after multiple transfers. 

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Just looked up his career stats. 35 career attempts, 1 career td (2 rushing). Amazing, I can’t think of another high profile recruit that couldn’t even get on the field even after multiple transfers. 

He was the #92 composite player in the 2017 class. He was rated very high VERY early when the rankings first came out, but slid down the rankings when everyone realized he was 5'10" and didn't have a special arm. He was as "high profile" a a recruit as a guy named Colson Yankoff (Dual-threat 94 overall in 2018. who went to UCLA) He wasn't a high-profile recruit. He was a high-profile social media personality. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

He was the #92 composite player in the 2017 class. He was rated very high VERY early when the rankings first came out, but slid down the rankings when everyone realized he was 5'10" and didn't have a special arm. He was as "high profile" a a recruit as a guy named Colson Yankoff (Dual-threat 94 overall in 2018. who went to UCLA) He wasn't a high-profile recruit. He was a high-profile social media personality. 

Yeah…that’s fair. Those early rankings can be sort of sticky in my memory and I don’t really remember the later slides. Guess he’s not that unique. Grant Gunnel. Preston Stone potentially. 

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah…that’s fair. Those early rankings can be sort of sticky in my memory and I don’t really remember the later slides. Guess he’s not that unique. Grant Gunnel. Preston Stone potentially. 

Grant Gunnell ended up as the #444 national QB and #54 in Texas.

started out as a .9698 in the composite which would have put him as the #63 player in the country in his class. what a drop.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Grant Gunnell ended up as the #444 national QB and #54 in Texas.

started out as a .9698 in the composite which would have put him as the #63 player in the country in his class. what a drop.

The Gunnell Effect was one of my favorite  aggie memes. I can't remember if it was Liucci or not, but that one was hilarious the minute they posted it. 

Aggies have this deep insecurity about being relevant and recruiting has always been such a validating/invalidating process for them on that front. Did it matter than any of us could watch 2 minutes of tape on Gunnell and see that he was so overrated that it was nearly mind-blowing? No. Didn't matter with Tate Martell or Haynes King, either. 5 stars! Won the Elite 11! They got to scream these things online to themselves and at the rest of us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, closetojumping said:

The Gunnell Effect was one of my favorite  aggie memes. I can't remember if it was Liucci or not, but that one was hilarious the minute they posted it. 

Aggies have this deep insecurity about being relevant and recruiting has always been such a validating/invalidating process for them on that front. Did it matter than any of us could watch 2 minutes of tape on Gunnell and see that he was so overrated that it was nearly mind-blowing? No. Didn't matter with Tate Martell or Haynes King, either. 5 stars! Won the Elite 11! They got to scream these things online to themselves and at the rest of us. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952h0s7g9qc61363lxe5z

scepter.0.gif

Member when Gunnell's brother flipped off the home crowd?

Screenshot_20220824-162527_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 5

On 8/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, bigup2dahorns said:

I missed this one:

On January 18, 2022, Tate Martell announced he was retiring from football.

Same for Bru in the near future?

I, too, announce my retirement from college football that I never played.

• Haha 2

I do believe that was a Taylor Hamm special, the Gunnell Effect. Because I'm also pretty sure it was Hamm who gleefully filmed Gunnell's commitment video at some shitty fountain in college station with his phone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...