2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

IT story: http://insidetexas.com/bru-mccoy-chooses-the-longhorns/

Coach says: Strengths – A muscular and well-proportioned athlete. Excels at two difficult positions and is a very unique player. As a receiver, shows excellent acceleration off of the line with outstanding, fluid hips. He runs a variety of pass routes with ease and to perfection all parts of the field. Shows good understanding of defensive coverage and likely has a large repertoire of option routes already. Will stack double moves convincingly and seems a nightmare to cover at the high school level. Beats press and off coverage. Beats double coverage (hi-lo and inside-out). Catches the ball away from his body with soft hands and natural catching motion at all angles. Tracks the ball well and adjusts to the flight. Has excellent lower body explosion. Acceleration is outstanding as is change of direction with minimal loss of speed on direction change. Open field running shows very good vision and is a home run threat from anywhere. Finishes plays with good nose for the end zone. Shows some real ankle-breaking moves on film and is violent in engaging DBs as a runner. HUDL shows one stiff arm and it was great. Rare for one tackler to bring him down without a sideline to help. A more-than-willing run blocker, he is a true asset in the run game and I expect this will translate into explosive plays for running backs who can get to the second level. As a linebacker, shows the same explosion off the edge and I can find no opponent highlight tape featuring him failing. At anything. There does not appear to be a high school tackle on his schedule that can pass block this player 1-on-1. He accelerates through the ball carrier and arrives a “truckload of angry” causing disruptions of thrown passes as well as five sacks and 6.5 TFLs. He is a remarkably productive player tallying 14 receiving TDs on 57 catches with numerous explosive plays on his resume. Plays at an elite football program and has played with and earned the respect of former teammates now at the college level (Amon-Ra St. Brown and JT Daniels). Convinced me I was wrong to say that no one could break my man-crush on Jake Smith. I think we can love both. Other serious contender for services is USC and they have some turmoil. Areas for Improvement – Not much to say here. Stops legs on contact in traffic. His size is a bit small for OLB depending on what package they want to use him in. Not a lot of film of him playing the run and he seemed more situational at OLB. He and coaches have to agree on his role(s) here.

32 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Notice we did not even flip one of their recruits. Somehow we have screwed them over by doing absolutely nothing but recruiting players. Somehow doing the same thing every other program in the country does is enough to enrage this guy.

Also, these dweebs still have a top 5 recruiting class. Like what in the fuck are you complaining about. And you don't even have to play us. 

You got "your" coach, you got your little 9 win season and win over LSU, and you got a top 5 class (whether it will look that way 2-3 years from now who knows - but as of now - they have a top 5 class).

Shouldn't they be, dare I say, kind of excited maybe? I mean they're certainly in a better position than they've been in more often than not. But Texas marginally hopping them just brings all of it out of the woodwork. I mean what other fucking fan-base in the country would react this way to their rival jumping them like that?

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Also, these dweebs still have a top 5 recruiting class. Like what in the fuck are you complaining about. And you don't even have to play us. 

You got "your" coach, you got your little 9 win season and win over LSU, and you got a top 5 class (whether it will look that way 2-3 years from now who knows - but as of now - they have a top 5 class).

Shouldn't they be, dare I say, kind of excited maybe? I mean they're certainly in a better position than they've been in more often than not. But Texas marginally hopping them just brings all of it out of the woodwork. I mean what other fucking fan-base in the country would react this way to their rival jumping them like that?

I know OU doesn't care because they have won a million conference titles and think we are losers. Fuck those guys.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Bru's retweeting friends wishing him well at UT, but no real announcement. Wonder if him and the graphics staff are cooking something up or if he's just over the hoopla.

He is a SoCal kid who went to Mater Dei and was a USC fan growing up and has lots of friends in the program, I don't think he wants to rub salt in the wounds of an already bleeding program.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Bru's retweeting friends wishing him well at UT, but no real announcement. Wonder if him and the graphics staff are cooking something up or if he's just over the hoopla.

Bru should book a flight to the airport in College Station and then have the team bus pick him up there. Or better yet have someone pick him there in a car with a 247 sports logo on the side. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

He is a SoCal kid who went to Mater Dei and was a USC fan growing up and has lots of friends in the program, I don't think he wants to rub salt in the wounds of an already bleeding program.

No need for Bru to tweet anything.  USC showed some class releasing him from NLI.  It's best for Bru to be respectful towards them as well.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

No need for Bru to tweet anything.  USC showed some class releasing him from NLI.  It's best for Bru to be respectful towards them as well.

He’s also facing a decision and potential legal action w the ncaa.   Gotta be careful that whatever he says public ally is consistent with the appeal.  Typical legal advice is “don’t say a anything to anyone”.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

They so rarely win on the field that they have to make up other contests to either "win" or lose and be pissed off about.

So many people to thank, where to start? First, thank you Tech for firing Kliff, thank you Arizone for taking a chance on a fired college coach... Coach Helton and Swanney at USC, you guys can really fuck up a good thing. Coach Herman, Staff and players for a good season and a smooth butt fucking of Uga in the Sugar and thank you Bru, may your time on the 40 be filled with joy and championship.

• Like 2

So many people to thank, where to start? First, thank you Tech for firing Kliff, thank you Arizone for taking a chance on a fired college coach... Coach Helton and Swanney at USC, you guys can really fuck up a good thing. Coach Herman, Staff and players for a good season and a smooth butt fucking of Uga in the Sugar and thank you Bru, may your time on the 40 be filled with joy and championship.

Thank you Sam, LJH, and everyone else for beating USC and Tech, contributing towards the firings of Kingsbury and Tee Martin. Thank you Josh Rosen for sucking ass and getting your head corch fired. Thank you Sean McVay for kicking ass and inspiring Arizona to buy an off brand version of you in Kingsbury. Thank you Lynn Swann and co. for temporarily making USC suck.

• Like 1

Typical legal advice is “don’t say a anything to anyone”.   

Unless you're sitting for a deposition, in which case, apparently, you should demand frequent extended bathroom breaks, during which you only drink water (not pee), and then proceed to wet yourself later in the deposition, requiring lengthy clean-up while you loudly reassure them from the bathroom that you are almost "there".

Or so I am told.

15 minutes ago, Dewey said:

If you really want to start from the beginning, there was that butterfly beating its wings in China.