2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:
34 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:
If open free agency starts, it will happen

They will be remote cases for sure. Why take the chance going to a better school and playing backup rather than continuing developing in your starter role? Louisiana Tech and colorado state produces nfl players, too.

• Maybe you are a RB/QB and the better OL starters are graduating...  
  • Maybe you are a WR/TE and your stud QB decides to leave early for NFL or gets hurt during Spring...
Edited by LTtxfan

They will be remote cases for sure. Why take the chance going to a better school and playing backup rather than continuing developing in your starter role? Louisiana Tech and colorado state produces nfl players, too.

Like I said, $, bagmen or ladies.
You dont think someone like cam will jump at the $ each year?

I believe the transfer portal will be a very good thing in the long run. It flushes out players that are not happy and could potentially become cancers to the team and teams get to bring in new blood to plug holes. Nothing good ever comes out of forcing people to do stuff against their free will.

How can you not like The Pyramids? They’re awesome!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

They're not stupid so I'd have to assume the attorneys still preparing the application and/or waiting for additional transfer decisions from the NCAA.  

That seems plausible, but at the same time even with the relatively quick ruling on the Tate Martel request I'm not sure it's wise to wait too much longer and hope the fucksticks at the NCAA will issue a decision by August. 

37 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

They're not stupid so I'd have to assume the attorneys still preparing the application and/or waiting for additional transfer decisions from the NCAA.  

Yeah, if true, the only reasonable explanation would be them wanting to see how the NCAA handles all the other waiver requests, so they can figure out which arguments to prioritize.  

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

"The process of filing McCoy's claim was likely drawn out by the fact McCoy's family has an attorney who wanted to review what Texas was planning to submit to the NCAA."

2Q==thurm.jpg?fit=737,580&ssl=1

McCoy family attorney being paid on a time and materials basis confirmed. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Thanks, Brian. As an attorney, you really love media attention being placed on you [trying to determine the best type of alternative facts] to make in your case

Doesn’t matter.  I read it as waiting for other decisions to use as precedent. 

If Joe Cook is to be believed, the guys who've hired legal representation for help during the waiver process have had their waivers approved. But the 2 who did not get approved also didn't have lawyers assisting them. I don't recall the name but McCoy is supposed to have a sharp lawyer helping him.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2019 recruiting class may prove to be the strangest, most paradoxical in the history of USC football. A developing story has been brewing for the past few weeks (pun intended), which involves the highest rated recruit to sign with USC last year. 

As the story has started to leak, we've decided to divulge some key details. Multiple sources say that former USC five-star wide receiver early entrant Bru McCoy is in the process of requesting transfer from the University of Texas. Yes, you read that correctly. McCoy signed with the Trojans in December and enroll at USC for two weeks of classes before requesting a transfer to Texas.

McCoy never went into specifics about his transfer from USC; only to imply the departure of Kill Kingsbury to the Arizona Cardinals and uncertainty surrounding the coaching staff eroded his confidence in the Trojans football program. While the details of this second potential transfer are still a bit vague, we have been told by several sources that McCoy is unhappy at his current school and would most likely transfer back to USC if given the opportunity. If McCoy did end up back at USC there would be slim to none chance that he would suit up in 2019; McCoy has apparently come with peace that he is sitting out his freshman season. This is still a developing story, and as of this post, McCoy has yet to enter into the transfer portal database.

Crazy story.  If true and Bru is really not happy at Texas (for whatever reason) and wants to leave.... better for it to happen now.

Might just miss Cali and his girl.  Some folks from California just aren't happy in Texas...  it happens.

• Like 2