2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

23 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

In all seriousness, Mike White brought half his roster from Oregon to Texas. You don't have to sit out a year in softball so it's crazy when coaches change schools. 

The girl referenced in this thread (Iakopo) is really good. She was the #8 recruit in her softball class. https://goducks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7584

^ Her eyebrows are MIA.

Hope that she doesn't run out of makeup before a big game.

PS- Horace Bruthan "Bru" McCoy is most definitely enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to start his college career.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

^ Her eyebrows are MIA.

Hope that she doesn't run out of makeup before a big game.

PS- Horace Bruthan "Bru" McCoy is most definitely enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to start his college career.

Lulz at the Chisel Tip Sharpie eyebrows. Good catch. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I thought you couldn't sign a second NLI in a year? That seems like it would be the only reason they would have made that tweet today.

Could be just another shot to stoke aggy paranoia further.  After all having the kid on campus and enrolled before NSD is the same as signing him, right?

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

4 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

"He loved his time here."

All 4 days of it.

This seems more like a Saturday Night Live quote mocking National Signing Day than an actual quote.

Maybe Onion-esque, but not a real quote.

This Helton guy....

#HeClay

4 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

question: if he doesnt get the waiver. Is the year he has to sit out like a traditional redshirt year, where he can play up to 4 games? or is it sit out, period?

No. He won't be able to play at all. He'll just have to eat the redshirt year. But the good news is that he'll be able to replace Warehime on our coaching staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Can’t imagine them denying Bru now.

Hope you're right.  Who knows with the nimwits at  NCAA..... wouldn't surprise me if they decide Bru has to wait a year at Texas to play.

Good detail in article below on why Bru might get a waiver.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2019/2/8/18217797/bru-mccoy-ncaa-transfer-waiver-texas-longhorns-justin-field-ohio-state

Edited by LTtxfan

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope you're right.  Who knows with the nimwits at  NCAA..... wouldn't surprise me if they decide Bru has to wait a year at Texas to play.

Good detail in article below on why Bru might get a waiver.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2019/2/8/18217797/bru-mccoy-ncaa-transfer-waiver-texas-longhorns-justin-field-ohio-state

Is a nimwit what happens when nimrods and dimwits breed?

• Like 2

Bru request for waiver vs Tate's request are somewhat different due to Tate's length of time spent at ohio state (two seasons) and also the fact that Tate was eligible to graduate this May.

Tate -- Eleven Warriors article:

Ultimately, he did transfer, and a major reason why was Meyer's retirement and the resulting staff turnover, Martell's attorney Travis Leach told Rowland. That staff turnover, among other things, will be used to make his case for immediate eligibility next season.

From Rowland's report:

“That definitely is part of it,” Leach told The Blade when asked about the coaching staff. “You try to throw as much against the wall as you can. I think the fact that there were some circumstances that happened, some personality clashes at the school — we want to be fair to everyone involved. That’s the approach we’re going to go down.”

“You try and align the facts as best you can,” Leach said. “Each one of these cases is a little bit different. You look at what are the reasons for the transfer, what happened, why didn’t it work, and then can you take those reasons and does it meet the NCAA’s requirements for a waiver? I think we have a couple opportunities.

“There were some things that happened at Ohio State that we can potentially get some relief from the NCAA, and we’re going to try it that way. The coaching staff turnover is an issue. There are a few things. There’s no real bright-line test that tells you 100 percent how you can get a waiver. This is a tough one, but there are some good facts on his side.”

Martell was on track to graduate from Ohio State this spring, Rowland reports, which would have made him a graduate transfer candidate and guaranteed him immediate eligibility at his transfer destination.

I don't think there is anything similar to Bru/Fields/Tate's waiver situations.

Fields was always going to get his.  His application had a racial element to it and the NCAA was never going to kick that hornets nest in the hyper sensitive social media outrage era we are currently living in.

I think Bru has a solid chance to get his approved though, mostly since he was only there for a few days, never practiced with the team and was in the portal before NSD2.  I think the fact that he is going to a rising Texas program helps too.  FBS needs more than just Clemson and Bama part 5.

Tathan has a pretty weak case overall IMO.  He's going to his third school because he can't handle competition.  Boohoo.

16 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I think Bru has a solid chance to get his approved though, mostly since he was only there for a few days, never practiced with the team and was in the portal before NSD2.  I think the fact that he is going to a rising Texas program helps too.  FBS needs more than just Clemson and Bama part 5.

Tathan has a pretty weak case overall IMO.  He's going to his third school because he can't handle competition.  Boohoo.

3rd School??   Guess you're counting decommit from aggy.

Won't be popular on this thread, but Tate may have a better case than Bru to get his waiver granted by the NCAA since Tate was eligible to graduate this May and already spent two years in Columbus.

Edited by LTtxfan