Tom Herman creating culture at Texas

Goo Punch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No Longhorn players being drafted in the first 3 Rounds of 2019 NFL Draft just shows some of the challenges that Herman has faced at Texas.

Can't wait to see Longhorns continue adding top-notch talent and playing in the CFB Playoffs.... 🤘

It’s sad how far Texas had dropped under Mack and Charlie.  We’ve had what...  one 2nd round pick as our highest draft pick in the last 5 years?  This will change.  Guys like cook, green, Foster, Sterns, coburn, Bru, Whittington, Ingram, Cosmi, Ossai are going to change this.  We’ve got a lot of young talent actually being developed.  I expect us to be up there with bama, osu, Clemson, uga in a few years when we see more Horns drafted.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s sad how far Texas had dropped under Mack and Charlie.  We’ve had what...  one 2nd round pick as our highest draft pick in the last 5 years?  This will change.  Guys like cook, green, Foster, Sterns, coburn, Bru, Whittington, Ingram, Cosmi, Ossai are going to change this.  We’ve got a lot of young talent actually being developed.  I expect us to be up there with bama, osu, Clemson, uga in a few years when we see more Horns drafted.  

it is not a popular train of thought, but I could not give a shit about players drafted

I get the idea that NFL caliber talent should produce a better college team, but we can look at some of those past USC players that Vince played against and see that being really good in college does not mean shit in he NFL

the NFL has a lot of shit talent evaluation both over valuing players and under valuing them

I judge the results of the college teams I am a fan of by what they do on the field against college competition not how many players are drafted

with the transfer portal it is only going to get worse trying to stack your team with all of these high school anointed "going to the league" types.....I want a college coach that concentrates on winning it all at the college level and the rest can work itself out

Alabama gets away with it because Saban can point to the hardware and to other guys on the bench and tell players you either do what I say or fuck off out of here because another is ready to take your job....and lately some of them have been fucking off out of there.....but you look at other SEC SEC SEC teams with a lot of players drafted and they are really not much better on the field than a number of other teams without a lot of pro talent......all of that turn over of players leaving early at the QB position and on the D and O lines catches up with you and can hurt you....similar to Rick Barnes basketball....until you can stack the team with talent that can make up for players leaving early you are going to be hurt by stacking thin with players that leave early Vs perhaps stacking with players that are there longer term

and with Texas I think it shows what coaching from a coach that gives a shit and has a clue means Vs a coach that thought he deserved a couple of years to relax at the "Casistas" before wholesale firing coordinators and assistants or a coach that was just over his head and had no clue

Texas fucking thumped Georgia it was not even close with all their NFL talent....and if you listen to aggy and UGA it was because all of their NFL talent had stopped giving a fuck about winning in college and they were dreaming of the NFL and their coach was massaging his chapped ass

I would take the team Texas put out on the field every damn game Vs the one UGA put out there NFL talent or not.....because a lot of that NFL talent is mentally weak

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 4

I am not disagreeing with you but it's important to have guys drafted.  Those elite HS prospects that choose osu, bama, lsu, clemson, uga, etc are doing so because those guys are pumping out draft pick after draft pick.  Whether they succeed in the NFL or not is irrelevant.  Texas has lost its edge when it comes to developing these guys into NFL guys.  Until Herman got here, we weren't even being considered by top end talent.  You remember Najee Harris's comment when a reporter asked him about his Texas offer.... he said ... "Texas who?".  We got some really good talent to buy into Hermans vision in the 2018, 2019 class.  Guys like Sterns, Cook, Coburn, Bru, Whittington, etc are probably not coming here under the previous staff.  We're on the right track.  Now Herman needs to develop these guys and and get these guys drafted.  When that happens, you'll see a lot of these guys lining up to play for us sans the dudes looking for bags of money.  Getting guys drafted does matter.  

• Like 2

ButtFumble, Winning games is more important.

But Herman & Orlando have to develop more Texas players that get drafted earlier in the NFL Draft..... It's necessary in order to keep landing the better players in recruiting that ultimately lead to CFB Championships.

Edited by LTtxfan
victory88 beat me to it
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I am not disagreeing with you but it's important to have guys drafted.  Those elite HS prospects that choose osu, bama, lsu, clemson, uga, etc are doing so because those guys are pumping out draft pick after draft pick.  Whether they succeed in the NFL or not is irrelevant.  Texas has lost its edge when it comes to developing these guys into NFL guys.  Until Herman got here, we weren't even being considered by top end talent.  You remember Najee Harris's comment when a reporter asked him about his Texas offer.... he said ... "Texas who?".  We got some really good talent to buy into Hermans vision in the 2018, 2019 class.  Guys like Sterns, Cook, Coburn, Bru, Whittington, etc are probably not coming here under the previous staff.  We're on the right track.  Now Herman needs to develop these guys and and get these guys drafted.  When that happens, you'll see a lot of these guys lining up to play for us sans the dudes looking for bags of money.  Getting guys drafted does matter.  

I think the important part is what you said about DEVELOPING guys into being drafted

in the past under Mack Texas was landing top talent left and right even before 2005 and especially right after.....but a lot of that talent was soft as fuck both mentally and physically and another large part of it was entitled or had shit for brains or worse both

and when it all fell apart for Texas under Mack Texas was landing top talent, but none of it matched in a system and none of it was being utilized properly for their skills and talent.....which is why Texas had a number of players that went pro and then blew up in the pros and did amazing compared to what they did at Texas

it is like Mahomes and Tech or even Mayfield and Tech....Mahomes did shit at Tech because he was not coached to properly run the system and he was allowed to try and use his "and skillz" to make the big play and that does not work when the rest of your system is not set up for one player to improvise like that....but Kliff simply did not give a fuck to coach him properly

and before anyone says that Mahomes had shit for talent around him at Tech well Tech had that same shit for talent (probably worse) the next year and they had a better season overall (if only slightly) with a mix of QBs and overall QB talent that was well below Mahomes.....because that QB talent played within the system because that is all the talent they had.....the funny thing is many Tech fans are still too stupid to understand that they talk about how bad Shimy sucked....yet they had a better record than Mahomes had with Shimy....because he played to the system and that is what the air raid is all about (that and never winning major hardware)

there is a reason he sat his first year in KC it was so he could be properly coached and learn that if he tried to make plays like that in the NFL he would be dead in 3 seasons at the most and they were not going to allow him to learn that lesson while getting killed.....it is not like in that single season of sitting he suddenly developed massive new skills he did not have he learned to play within a system that would use his skills (shout out to the anti-jeff fischer of coaches)

recruiting matters, but so does player development and Texas needs to be careful to build up to a system of long term depth and player development Vs a system of short term 2 or 3 season players that leave early as incomplete players that never brought all they had to winning at Texas in the college level and then that idea being celebrated because hey we had a bunch of guys drafted.....that is where aggy is now.....no fucking hardware as a college team.....10 years of Texas eating shit....SEC SEC SEC.....and Texas just had a bigger bowl win than aggy has had in about the last 50 years of their history....but hey they are getting players drafted, they have top recruiting classes, and they pay $7.5 million for a coach to get them to the Belk Bowl or the Peach City Bowl and to have some players drafted

I would prefer to build up to a system where players are developed to be drafter not anointed when they sign as a recruit no matter how little they do in college or their teams do overall

it is a fine line, but one that has to be walked carefully

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

it is not a popular train of thought, but I could not give a shit about players drafted

I get the idea that NFL caliber talent should produce a better college team, but we can look at some of those past USC players that Vince played against and see that being really good in college does not mean shit in he NFL

the NFL has a lot of shit talent evaluation both over valuing players and under valuing them

I judge the results of the college teams I am a fan of by what they do on the field against college competition not how many players are drafted

with the transfer portal it is only going to get worse trying to stack your team with all of these high school anointed "going to the league" types.....I want a college coach that concentrates on winning it all at the college level and the rest can work itself out

Alabama gets away with it because Saban can point to the hardware and to other guys on the bench and tell players you either do what I say or fuck off out of here because another is ready to take your job....and lately some of them have been fucking off out of there.....but you look at other SEC SEC SEC teams with a lot of players drafted and they are really not much better on the field than a number of other teams without a lot of pro talent......all of that turn over of players leaving early at the QB position and on the D and O lines catches up with you and can hurt you....similar to Rick Barnes basketball....until you can stack the team with talent that can make up for players leaving early you are going to be hurt by stacking thin with players that leave early Vs perhaps stacking with players that are there longer term

and with Texas I think it shows what coaching from a coach that gives a shit and has a clue means Vs a coach that thought he deserved a couple of years to relax at the "Casistas" before wholesale firing coordinators and assistants or a coach that was just over his head and had no clue

Texas fucking thumped Georgia it was not even close with all their NFL talent....and if you listen to aggy and UGA it was because all of their NFL talent had stopped giving a fuck about winning in college and they were dreaming of the NFL and their coach was massaging his chapped ass

I would take the team Texas put out on the field every damn game Vs the one UGA put out there NFL talent or not.....because a lot of that NFL talent is mentally weak

This is why I think I think it's ignorant how so many people automatically say that 2001 Miami team is the best team ever solely based on how many players they had drafted. Look at all the players Duke and Kentucky and some other college basketball teams have drafted. Doesn't mean they are one of the best teams ever. That 2001 Miami team was obviously good but they weren't any better than any of the other teams in this era who won it all. 

The 2005 UT/USC game had so much college talent all over the field. How many of them really amounted to a lot in the NFL? The NFL is a totally different animal than college for many reasons. Go look at the top QBs right now in the NFL. Most of them did not play on top teams and were not huge stars. So it works the other ways as well. And just because you come from top programs like Bama and Clemson does not automatically mean you are going to thrive in the pros.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is why I think I think it's ignorant how so many people automatically say that 2001 Miami team is the best team ever solely based on how many players they had drafted. Look at all the players Duke and Kentucky and some other college basketball teams have drafted. Doesn't mean they are one of the best teams ever. That 2001 Miami team was obviously good but they weren't any better than any of the other teams in this era who won it all. 

The 2005 UT/USC game had so much college talent all over the field. How many of them really amounted to a lot in the NFL? The NFL is a totally different animal than college for many reasons. Go look at the top QBs right now in the NFL. Most of them did not play on top teams and were not huge stars. So it works the other ways as well. And just because you come from top programs like Bama and Clemson does not automatically mean you are going to thrive in the pros.

in relation to basketball it is one thing I leanrned from Bob Knight

he never recruited the one and done guys he wanted a 4 year player or better year a 4 years out of 5 player

the flip side is you have to trudge a long hard road to get your program to that type of system even in basketball with a lot fewer players and where a couple of players can make a huge difference

even he learned it is hard to go from a place like Indiana to Texas Tech and build that type of program from the ground up

even harder in football with so many more players and that shit is starting to wear on Nick I am sure, but he has the program history, the reputation, the budget, the ability to load up on coaches, and the reputation to make it work.....but when he is gone that shit will be hard to hold together

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Valid about your # of NFL picks point does not mean you are a great team.

But point on the USC/Texas 2005 game and talent not becoming huge NFL stars doesn't matter to today's recruits.  Bama and Clemson continue to recruit well because they are winning and getting more players drafted in NFL..... and have more CFB Playoffs appearances.

It's a circular model:

Great Recruiting>>>Player Development>>>Winning>>>More NFL Players Drafted>>>Great Recruiting

Edited by LTtxfan

58 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Valid about your # of NFL picks point does not mean you are a great team.

But point on the USC/Texas 2005 game and talent not becoming huge NFL stars doesn't matter to today's recruits.  Bama and Clemson continue to recruit well because they are winning and getting more players drafted in NFL..... and have more CFB Playoffs appearances.

It's a circular model:

Great Recruiting>>>Player Development>>>Winning>>>More NFL Players Drafted>>>Great Recruiting

Player Development>>>Winning>>>>>>Great Recruiting>>>>>>More NFL Players Drafted

I think it goes more like this

you have to develop the players you have.....Boise State does not have a ton of players drafted and they especially did not over a decade ago when their success first started

but they developed the players they had and won and recruited better because of that (even still without a lot of players drafter).....TCU I think is way low in recruiting Vs their winning and they do not have a ton of players drafted, but they have a system and win a lot more than their recruiting and players drafted suggest they should

it is easier to get a player that is committed to work hard even if they know their chances to go pro are slim when your program is winning and IMO it is easier to win with a player that works hard especially is properly developed and placed in the correct position

on the flip side it is also not that hard to find yourself in a system where a lot of lazy shit heads come to your program because they know they can dick off a couple of years and probably still make the draft.....I am not saying that most programs ever have a chance to be in that position, but I am saying that for top programs you can find yourself in that position very quickly (like Miami) and it is hard to climb out from that or Tennessee...then you start churning through coaches and you are really fucked....but fans look that you had some players drafted and others that are expected to be drafted and they expect your new coach to win the next year....with players that are dicking off until they can declare for the draft

a lot of it falls on the NFL as well there are a lot of really shitty talent evaluators in the NFL and those that fall back to the idea that this program produces draft picks even if they suck....never mind their draft picks often suck as well

it is one of the major issues with college football and players that do not give a shit about being on a college campus and the only thing the NFL has done "right" in regards to the NFL itself (and without regard to fucking up college football) is to realize they are pretty shitty at evaluating talent and letting the college game cover a lot of the cost of that and to weed out a lot of the total shit and entitled and criminal at a great expense to colleges

looking back at the short time the AAF existed I aw some decent football in some of those games and as someone tweeted a lot of NFL teams are rushing out to sign a lot of that talent (even if as a backup of 2nd string) because they saw the talent on the field and they know that does not lie Vs their shitty scouting

with the exception of John Foot Man and a couple of others it is pretty easy to lose the laziness and the entitlement when you are in the AAF and realizing it is now or selling insurance or used cars

it is becoming exceedingly more difficult to control that in the college game with the talk of player pay and the transfer portal so it is imperative a coach gets players they can coach and develop even if they might not get drafted after a full 4 years

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Player Development>>>Winning>>>>>>Great Recruiting>>>>>>More NFL Players Drafted

you have to develop the players you have.....Boise State does not have a ton of players drafted and they especially did not over a decade ago when their success first started

but they developed the players they had and won and recruited better because of that (even still without a lot of players drafter).....TCU I think is way low in recruiting Vs their winning and they do not have a ton of players drafted, but they have a system and win a lot more than their recruiting and players drafted suggest they should

it is easier to get a player that is committed to work hard even if they know their chances to go pro are slim when your program is winning and IMO it is easier to win with a player that works hard especially is properly developed and placed in the correct position

on the flip side it is also not that hard to find yourself in a system where a lot of lazy shit heads come to your program because they know they can dick off a couple of years and probably still make the draft.....I am not saying that most programs ever have a chance to be in that position, but I am saying that for top programs you can find yourself in that position very quickly (like Miami) and it is hard to climb out from that or Tennessee...then you start churning through coaches and you are really fucked....but fans look that you had some players drafted and others that are expected to be drafted and they expect your new coach to win the next year....with players that are dicking off until they can declare for the draft

a lot of it falls on the NFL as well there are a lot of really shitty talent evaluators in the NFL and those that fall back to the idea that this program produces draft picks even if they suck....never mind their draft picks often suck as well

it is one of the major issues with college football and players that do not give a shit about being on a college campus and the only thing the NFL has done "right" in regards to the NFL itself (and without regard to fucking up college football) is to realize they are pretty shitty at evaluating talent and letting the college game cover a lot of the cost of that and to weed out a lot of the total shit and entitled and criminal at a great expense to colleges

looking back at the short time the AAF existed I aw some decent football in some of those games and as someone tweeted a lot of NFL teams are rushing out to sign a lot of that talent (even if as a backup of 2nd string) because they saw the talent on the field and they know that does not lie Vs their shitty scouting

with the exception of John Foot Man and a couple of others it is pretty easy to lose the laziness and the entitlement when you are in the AAF and realizing it is now or selling insurance or used cars

it is becoming exceedingly more difficult to control that in the college game with the talk of player pay and the transfer portal so it is imperative a coach gets players they can coach and develop even if they might not get drafted after a full 4 years

Hard to follow this post.  Maybe consider shorter more succinct posts??

Guess your more about developing players first.  When Head Coaches change, a window of opportunity opens because of the new car smell.  Yes, develop what you have, but recruiting better players asap is more important for a new coach.

We did have 4 guys drafted last year. It’s not like the roster was filled with nothing but JV level high school players before Herman got here. But It does look like he has added more future NFL talent than Charlie or Mack did at any point in the past decade. 

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Can we stop with this ridiculous take, please? That field was LOADED with NFL talent. We're somewhat salty because Leinart and VY didn't become HOF'ers, but those two teams were a recruiting and NFL-draft goldmine. It's not a fucking accident that the two teams full of draft picks across three years ended up playing the best college football game of all time.

" The BCS National Championship Game that capped the 2005 college football season had it all. Two undefeated teams daring each other to blink. Two blue-blood programs vying for supremacy in the world-famous Rose Bowl. The top three finishers in that year’s Heisman voting, each just months away from making the jump to the pros. As Texas and USC meet again for the first time 11 years later, Longhorns 41, Trojans 38 still holds a special place in the legend of the sport. Predictably, those two teams produced a ridiculous amount of NFL talent. In total, 62 players on those rosters—35 from USC, 27 from Texas—appeared in at least one NFL regular season game, while seven coaches went on to ply their craft in the professional ranks. Fourteen players went on to be selected in the first round, and 38 were picked in the third round or earlier. Here, in no particular order, are the 50 players and coaches who enjoyed the most notable NFL careers after that unforgettable game. " (source, and more good reading - https://www.si.com/college-football/photo/2017/09/15/usc-texas-rose-bowl-nfl-careers-reggie-bush-vince-young.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

It’s important from a recruiting standpoint. These guys want to make it to the NFL and play football for a living. It’s important to start building more of a track record of getting guys to the league. It hasn’t been used against us yet in recruiting (at least not effectively), but if the pattern continues it’s just a matter of time. I don’t think it will continue, but if you’re a top player with aspirations of making it to the NFL, why would you want to go to a school that consistently has too recruiting classes, but little to no nfl talent? The culture is changing, and the floodgates are about to open, but we need to start producing more nfl talent for obvious reasons.

Then there’s that “the team that’s more talented usually wins” take lol.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We did have 4 guys drafted last year. It’s not like the roster was filled with nothing but JV level high school players before Herman got here. But It does look like he has added more future NFL talent than Charlie or Mack did at any point in the past decade. 

Went back to check... Hopefully this is correct

2016 Draft

• 4th Rd  Hassan Ridgeway    Colts

2017 Draft

•  3rd Rd  D'Onta Foreman      Texans 

2018 Draft

• 2nd Rd   Connor Williams   Cowboys

• 3rd Rd     Malik Jefferson    Bengals

• 5th Rd.   Michael Dickson    Seahawks

• 6th Rd   DeShon Elliott         Ravens

2019 Draft

• 5th Rd.   Charles Omenihu     Texans
  • 7th Rd.     Kris Boyd.                Vikings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's 8 Texas players drafted in 4 years??  

SI article quote:  "Powerhouse Alabama dominated the draft by having 10 players selected this year, the most of any collegiate program. Top Crimson Tide players like defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (Jets), offensive tackle Jonah Williams (Bengals) and running back Josh Jacobs (Raiders) were among those drafted.

Ohio State was next with nine players selected, Oklahoma and Washington each finished with eight players taken, while both Texas A&M and Georgia had seven.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/04/27/most-players-drafted-school-alabama-nfl-draft-2019

19 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I did it twice already on this page, but I’m not giving +rep to any more of your posts where you use Vs instead of vs.

You don’t even capitalize the first letter of every sentence. My head is ready to explode.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck. Yes. I don't think even 1% of the vitriol directed towards Mack Brown would have happened had he not created a culture that pretty much everybody in college football called soft. Image isn't everything, but it is definitely something, and for Texas to no longer be perceived as soft is a giant-assed improvement of well needed proportions.

• Like 2

Yeah, for all of his faults, Charlie really started the turn around by "making soft things hard" or whatever his quote was.  We just played disorganized and kind of dumb.

Watching us curb stomp UGA by being more physical than the SEC!!! runner up was cathartic.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2019 at 2:13 PM, victory88 said:

Great stuff.... Herman and staff have to recruit and develop more Players that get drafted in the NFL just like Bama.

Just in case there's doubts about the importance of the NFL Draft on recruiting......

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

in relation to basketball it is one thing I leanrned from Bob Knight
he never recruited the one and done guys he wanted a 4 year player or better year a 4 years out of 5 player
the flip side is you have to trudge a long hard road to get your program to that type of system even in basketball with a lot fewer players and where a couple of players can make a huge difference
even he learned it is hard to go from a place like Indiana to Texas Tech and build that type of program from the ground up
even harder in football with so many more players and that shit is starting to wear on Nick I am sure, but he has the program history, the reputation, the budget, the ability to load up on coaches, and the reputation to make it work.....but when he is gone that shit will be hard to hold together
Bob Knight won a lot of games, but not a lot of championships.

Higher talent levels win. Even the best coaches need the best talent.

You've been conflating NFL success with NFL draft... Players get drafted because they produced in college... Therefore, when someone says we need to have more players drafted, they're saying we consistently need more players to produce enough that we consistently have many players taken as nfl draft picks.

This isn't rocket surgery.

Jimmys and Joes > Xs and Os

Great stuff.... Herman and staff have to recruit and develop more Players that get drafted in the NFL just like Bama.
Just in case there's doubts about the importance of the NFL Draft on recruiting......

ou still sucks.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, jinx said:

Yeah, for all of his faults, Charlie really started the turn around by "making soft things hard" or whatever his quote was.  We just played disorganized and kind of dumb.

Watching us curb stomp UGA by being more physical than the SEC!!! runner up was cathartic.

“kind of?”

16 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Bob Knight won a lot of games, but not a lot of championships.

He's 4th all time in championships. One of the guys in front of him was his former player and assistant coach. I'd say he did pretty well.

43 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

MensaTom keeps this rolling, we're going to keep getting better and better - and we've come a long, long way from Charlie's moronics. Now we just need to keep the toughness going for 60 minutes instead of just 45.

Yep. We've got the "toughness" part down. Now we need to get the "relentless homicidal tendencies" part rolling.

In recent IT Q&A..... Culture is important in recruiting for Herman

Q: Why do you feel we take so much more time with commitments than other teams?

I'm not worried. Just asking the strategy?

EN: Part of it is being more particular about who they offer and offering less in general. They do care about culture fit. Not that others don't but until they have the culture tuned exactly how they want it like Bama they're not going to reach for kids who might not fit.

They take more time to evaluate the person as well as the player. 

Right now there is a tension in-state between UT/OU/A&M as kids are wanting to give all three schools a look, or at least two of them. 

They're just not pushy and this plays well with most prospects and parents -- Broughton's mom specifically mentioned appreciating that about Herman.

They could have many more players in the class right now if they wanted to, the quality just wouldn't be up to their expectations.

1 minute ago, jinx said:

I was trying to be nice, but it doesn't get much dumber than kicking off to start both halves.

Well, we did that under Mack also, to be fair.  Charlie did dumb shit routinely though.  Clock management.  Penalty decisions.  Timeouts.  He was tard level dumb.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, we did that under Mack also, to be fair.  Charlie did dumb shit routinely though.  Clock management.  Penalty decisions.  Timeouts.  He was is still alive, and still tard level dumb.

FFA

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 7:41 PM, LTtxfan said:

They won’t be getting any defensive players drafted.

this is the exact opposite of what people said about our guys under Mack. the thing we always wanted is happening- they starting to put some respect on the name "Texas" when guys are going into the league. So awesome.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, Tex Long said:

MensaTom keeps this rolling, we're going to keep getting better and better - and we've come a long, long way from Charlie's moronics. Now we just need to keep the toughness going for 60 minutes instead of just 45.

Well, I think its been about 49 minutes.  But the meltdowns starting with 11 min left and 21 pt lead really need to GTFO.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 5:15 PM, LTtxfan said:

Went back to check... Hopefully this is correct

2016 Draft

• 4th Rd  Hassan Ridgeway    Colts

2017 Draft

•  3rd Rd  D'Onta Foreman      Texans 

2018 Draft

• 2nd Rd   Connor Williams   Cowboys

• 3rd Rd     Malik Jefferson    Bengals

• 5th Rd.   Michael Dickson    Seahawks

• 6th Rd   DeShon Elliott         Ravens

2019 Draft

• 5th Rd.   Charles Omenihu     Texans
  • 7th Rd.     Kris Boyd.                Vikings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's 8 Texas players drafted in 4 years??  

SI article quote:  "Powerhouse Alabama dominated the draft by having 10 players selected this year, the most of any collegiate program. Top Crimson Tide players like defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (Jets), offensive tackle Jonah Williams (Bengals) and running back Josh Jacobs (Raiders) were among those drafted.

Ohio State was next with nine players selected, Oklahoma and Washington each finished with eight players taken, while both Texas A&M and Georgia had seven.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/04/27/most-players-drafted-school-alabama-nfl-draft-2019

Did any of those other schools produce the best punter in the NFL?  Huh?  Huh?  I rest my case. 

32 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

But why? Did anyone really think he was going to leave?

I guess I’d kinda like to see him have continued success in Austin before extending him. He looks like the guy, but CFB is replete with singular good seasons leading to contract extensions for eventual coaching busts. 

• Like 3