Tom Herman creating culture at Texas

Goo Punch

Don’t forget Brennan Eagles being suspendEd for missing practices bc he’s fed up with his position coach.  Bazier on his podcast thinks he will enter the portal after this year due to Mehringer.  

Also, multiple OL having a meltdown after getting their asses kicked by Baylor’s 3 man DL.

• 6 months later...

Starts around 7 minute mark... Good response to a reporter related to the current racism struggles in America.

"Texas Coach Tom Herman shocked these recruits, and got a Win in June"

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

Awesome gesture by Coach Herman and the outstanding young men of the University of Texas. 

But let's be honest, if they didn't have those officially issues Longhorn workout gear clothes on, they'd have a couple hundred cops trying to beat them.  

Because the First Amendment only means something to oppressed White Christian Bitches.  

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

The fuck?

Just saying, if the battlegrounds for recruits is in any way the social justice relm, Austin and Coach Herman are going to dominate. Herman has a real story and background that shows he can relate, he's smart enough to talk about it without coming off inauthentic. Saban? Smart? Jimbo? I don't think any of these cities or head coaches can compete when it comes to relating to sensitive social issues with the youth.

• Fuck You 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Dumb question, but with COVID is Coach going to be able to kiss the team on the mouth getting off the bus?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

No, on the Veranda will be fine. 

Of course the Foster thing still has to play out, but Tom’s done an admirable job in a tough year. Beyond the usual duties, had to hire a new staff, keep guys from leaving, deal with Covid, deal with and support the athletes through the post George Floyd turmoil and “Eyes” controversy. Ultimately he’s come out looking like a guy who has great respect and care for the athletes off the field as opposed to mercenaries like Patterson or phonies like Jimbo.

See, you got to coordinate.  

Gerard, did you know inside your pops' jacket was special Longhorns?  

YES MARCUS! 

I want one, when I bother to wear a sportcoat again. In Spring of 2021.  

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Guessing CDC and Herman should get a little credit for this...

I know he caught a lot of shit over the summer, but this brings it home. Insightful and passionate kid. Hope he continues to fight for what he believes in, uses whatever platform he has available to him to do it, and kicks all kinds of ass on the field. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, Tex Pete said:

Dumb. Your post is bad and you should feel bad. 

On 5/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, williemackgarza said:

Lobo sounds like a bitch. Yes coaches get paid to win. Coaches at big schools get paid big salaries. He wins he gets paid. He starts sucking then fire his ass.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:16 PM, Machinator said:

Using an average over two seasons as a primary assessment of a coach seems unwise, especially when he inherited a program that had been in the dumps for 8 years and was coming off a historically bad 3-year stretch.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, Lhorn said:

That's some elite level trolling right here.

On 5/20/2019 at 2:27 PM, sushihorn said:

Exactly.  The starting point and trendline are really important here.

Year zero baseline wins (Charlie's last year): 5.  Year One: 7 wins.  Year Two: 10 wins.  So +2 and +3 each of his first 2 years.  Clear and major improvement.

Year zero: NO BOWL.  Year One: Bowl win over SEC 2nd tier.  Year Two: DOMINANT NY6 bowl win over SEC top tier.

It takes a real Debbie Downer or a troll to ignore the bold trend lines and bitch about Maryland.

fun that somebody bumped this thread to go back and see the idiotic responses some of y'all had to my criticism that we were overpaying Herman for mediocrity.  A&M results at Clemson prices.  This season finishes out the way it's going, he's going to maintain 5 losses per season for 4 seasons at damn near $6mm/year.  But you guys didn't like the way I said it last year because of "tone."  Well, let your husbands explain to you why Herman is a fraud and we're fucked.  Get it through your fucking heads, he scammed us.  He fucked us over.  Why is that so fucking hard to understand?  Give me shit for all kinds of other posts, but y'all got butthurt when I questioned the payment for this guy.  Not judging him as a person, or even as a coach, but he fucked us on results for compensation.  You beautiful, naive bitches.  

Edited by Lobo

I'd give you one but we used the "stickers budget" for Herman's gum.  

(fair point---but it's 2020, it's the year we all need to man up and admit all the ways in which we were conned.  Festivus is gonna be a helluva rant this year)

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

fun that somebody bumped this thread to go back and see the idiotic responses some of y'all had to my criticism that we were overpaying Herman for mediocrity.  A&M results at Clemson prices.  This season finishes out the way it's going, he's going to maintain 5 losses per season for 4 seasons at damn near $6mm/year.  But you guys didn't like the way I said it last year because of "tone."  Well, let your husbands explain to you why Herman is a fraud and we're fucked.  Get it through your fucking heads, he scammed us.  He fucked us over.  Why is that so fucking hard to understand?  Give me shit for all kinds of other posts, but y'all got butthurt when I questioned the payment for this guy.  Not judging him as a person, or even as a coach, but he fucked us on results for compensation.  You beautiful, naive bitches.  

mea culpa.

This is fantastic. +rep