House Money - 2019 PWO Edition

Goodman

4 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

105 limit in off-season. No limit during season.

To be clear, 105 isn't an off-season limit, it's a training camp limit. Walk-ons are full go in the offseason, and during training camp those who aren't on the 105 have full access to facilities, they just can't practice 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Now, he’ll join a group of PWOs in Austin that most of could be on scholarship at another school. That’s the essence of building a program at every level. Mensa Tom, y’all. 

https://247sports.com/player/parker-alford-46053526/

Has Texas not had a PWO program in the past? Or has TH just emphasized  it more? 

8 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I thought so, but I quick google just showed Frost at Nebraska was trying to increase his squad size to 200.  I know there are restrictions on how many can travel and how many can dress out and participate in gameplay but maybe I pulled it from one of those.  Will have to look later.

200??

That seems crazy......

SuperK from TFB:

Notebook | Finn
– Super K

*** Earlier this week Texas quietly hosted 2019 WR, Finnegan Corwin (Highland Park). Finn is a teammate of Prince Dorbah.

Finn is an incredible slot wide receiver that, for some reason, didn’t pick up offers. But a number of programs seem to believe he can come in as a PWO and earn a spot.

I’ve seen him play basketball and been out to a football game as well. I described him to Charlie as a cartoon-like player. He’s doing things instinctively and athletically that make opponents look silly.

Slot guys need to have a good sense of space in traffic and know how to adjust their routes. He does just that.

Lincoln Riley at OU and Chad Morris at Arkansas have been personally recruiting Corwin.

He’s already taken his visit to both OU and Arkansas. He took his visit to Texas yesterday and will announce his decision soon.

Before the Texas visit, it seemed a forgone conclusion that he’d en up at OU or Arkansas. He has siblings that go to OU. His quarterback at Highland Park is the son of coach Chad Morris.

But the Texas visit surprised him, “I had a blast. It was fun I wasn’t really expecting that”.

On his decision timeline, Finn says, “I’ll probably take a week to soak everything in; make sure I’m making the right decision in what best fits me”.

Corwin is the type of player who could legitimately earn a spot. I think coaches in the area are realizing it and are recruiting him like any other scholarship player.

Take a look for yourself… https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7932125/5c08300c042886177076d7e5

6 minutes ago, Goodman said:

SuperK from TFB:

Notebook | Finn
– Super K

*** Earlier this week Texas quietly hosted 2019 WR, Finnegan Corwin (Highland Park). Finn is a teammate of Prince Dorbah.

Finn is an incredible slot wide receiver that, for some reason, didn’t pick up offers. But a number of programs seem to believe he can come in as a PWO and earn a spot.

I’ve seen him play basketball and been out to a football game as well. I described him to Charlie as a cartoon-like player. He’s doing things instinctively and athletically that make opponents look silly.

Slot guys need to have a good sense of space in traffic and know how to adjust their routes. He does just that.

Lincoln Riley at OU and Chad Morris at Arkansas have been personally recruiting Corwin.

He’s already taken his visit to both OU and Arkansas. He took his visit to Texas yesterday and will announce his decision soon.

Before the Texas visit, it seemed a forgone conclusion that he’d en up at OU or Arkansas. He has siblings that go to OU. His quarterback at Highland Park is the son of coach Chad Morris.

But the Texas visit surprised him, “I had a blast. It was fun I wasn’t really expecting that”.

On his decision timeline, Finn says, “I’ll probably take a week to soak everything in; make sure I’m making the right decision in what best fits me”.

Corwin is the type of player who could legitimately earn a spot. I think coaches in the area are realizing it and are recruiting him like any other scholarship player.

Take a look for yourself… https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7932125/5c08300c042886177076d7e5

He visited Norman and Fayetteville and then was surprised a visit to ATX was fun. aggy Chad must have been trying to work the negative recruiting angle.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, Katfid54 said:

Not when you've got County Scholarships!!!

I thought that those county scholarships, that “randomly” were give to Walkon Football Players in Nebraska with curious regularity were a thing of the past. Didn’t know that that loophole/work around still existed  

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He visited Norman and Fayetteville and then was surprised a visit to ATX was fun. aggy Chad must have been trying to work the negative recruiting angle.

You have to run with a brain damaged group of high school friends not to know that Austin >>>>>> Norman & Fayetteville. 

I mean, your circle must be made up of complete morons who have written off UT before anyone even had a Driver’s License. 

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I thought that those county scholarships, that “randomly” were give to Walkon Football Players in Nebraska with curious regularity were a thing of the past. Didn’t know that that loophole/work around still existed  

I don't think they do (and apparently there's debate about whether they ever did).  But That'sTheJoke.gif.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, Goodman said:

Finn is an incredible slot wide receiver that, for some reason, didn’t pick up offers.

could have something to do with the whole 5’9” 160 runs a 4.7 thing.  and being no better than the litany of white dudes that HP wins with every year.  just a hunch.  

A friend of mine posted something about how UT is changing its admissions AGAIN, because so many students that are automatic qualifiers are actually enrolling instead of going to other schools.

It is looking like being a PWO for at least a year is hugely beneficial to getting accepted.

SIDENOTE MONOLOGUE: I still don't know why the people who can go to Ivy League schools don't. The student loans are worth it in order to set yourself up for life anywhere in the world you want. Any city, any state, any country... you always are an "Ivy Leaguer" and get invited to receptions, cocktail parties, business luncheons... just because you went to a school in a specific athletic conference. Especially if you went to one of the Big 3. It's like being "pre screened" for acceptance into the jet-set life.

45 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

A friend of mine posted something about how UT is changing its admissions AGAIN, because so many students that are automatic qualifiers are actually enrolling instead of going to other schools.

It is looking like being a PWO for at least a year is hugely beneficial to getting accepted.

SIDENOTE MONOLOGUE: I still don't know why the people who can go to Ivy League schools don't. The student loans are worth it in order to set yourself up for life anywhere in the world you want. Any city, any state, any country... you always are an "Ivy Leaguer" and get invited to receptions, cocktail parties, business luncheons... just because you went to a school in a specific athletic conference. Especially if you went to one of the Big 3. It's like being "pre screened" for acceptance into the jet-set life.

I’ve got plenty of family that went to Ivies (3 to Harvard, 1 to Yale, 2 to Penn). I haven’t noticed it being some magic ticket to an upper echelon of society. A couple of them really struggled after school too. It’s not that different than other schools honestly.

44 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

I’ve got plenty of family that went to Ivies (3 to Harvard, 1 to Yale, 2 to Penn). I haven’t noticed it being some magic ticket to an upper echelon of society. A couple of them really struggled after school too. It’s not that different than other schools honestly.

I have a brother who went to one and even though he's not very good at being social, he gets invited to Harvard/Yale events (art walks, speaker events, can join the Yale Club in NYC...) and then...

I have quite a few friends who went to various Ivies. I visited several of them in college (threw up at Harvard, Yale, AND Princeton among other schools) and have gone to some birthday parties, weddings, beach house events on both coasts and out of the country.

At a pool party at a house in the Hollywood Hills looking over downtown Hollywood and with a view of downtown LA as well, there would be people from various Ivy League schools even though the birthday person (home owner) only went to one of the schools and didn't go to boarding schools with some of the other people. But over half the people will have gone to Ivies because they end up knowing each other.

And just like I found myself friends with several guys who went to Eton College when I lived in Buenos Aires, it turned out that in addition to Eton, several of the other English guys in my expat circle went to various other centuries-old all-boys colleges (kind of like "Senior High School") back in England. They know each other, they put their friends in touch with their friends when passing through... again, you've been "vetted" or "pre-screened" when you've gone to one of those schools.

If you're not social, then you're not social. Just having an Ivy League degree isn't going to mean that you never have to work a day in your life. But if you are a star football player, then alums are going to want to meet you and perhaps have you intern at their firm/company over the summer. If you're a star football player, you're probably already fairly social, because you've been treated differently and had plenty of attention for most of your teen years. If you're a star football player and you don't go pro, people still are going to want you to work for them or they will want to show you off at their office, their party in The Hamptons, their VC Firm in Silicon Valley so that they can talk smack to their Stanford colleagues...

You're more likely to get that summer job in Singapore if you went to an Ivy League school and even more if you played football. That job in London, Paris, or Tokyo is more likely to be yours with "Princeton Football Captain" on your resume. Some Ivy Leaguers go on to be public school teachers, play in a band and then work at a non-profit, some become the stay-at-home/work-from-home parent, not everyone leads a guided life. 

I just know that if I had the choice, I'd go to the Ivies in a heartbeat. It's not like you can't drop out after two years of varsity football and come back to be a PWO at UT.

• Like 1

Former Brownsville St. Joseph QB Kai Money landed a walk-on spot. Kid had a ton of hype out of middle school and started at the varsity QB spot as a freshman. Pretty electric athlete that had a good career but was largely hampered by the Mickey Mouse coaching staff at that school. He's definitely capable of moving to the secondary or WR position, I really hope does well and plays his way into some games at some point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Former Brownsville St. Joseph QB Kai Money landed a walk-on spot. Kid had a ton of hype out of middle school and started at the varsity QB spot as a freshman. Pretty electric athlete that had a good career but was largely hampered by the Mickey Mouse coaching staff at that school. He's definitely capable of moving to the secondary or WR position, I really hope does well and plays his way into some games at some point. 

Damn, his HUDL was pretty fun. Did he get any FCS offers out of HS?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2643887/5a20729702bbdb0fc8d57406

https://247sports.com/Player/Kai-Money-46038192/

Edited by Machinator

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Guess he's already at Texas (Class of 2018) ..... Video says Kai beat out 80 other players for a spot on the roster. 🤘

https://valleycentral.com/sports/athlete-of-the-week/athlete-of-the-week-kai-money

https://247sports.com/Player/Kai-Money-46038192/a

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 2:07 AM, Napoleon said:

I have a brother who went to one and even though he's not very good at being social, he gets invited to Harvard/Yale events (art walks, speaker events, can join the Yale Club in NYC...) and then...

I have quite a few friends who went to various Ivies. I visited several of them in college (threw up at Harvard, Yale, AND Princeton among other schools) and have gone to some birthday parties, weddings, beach house events on both coasts and out of the country.

At a pool party at a house in the Hollywood Hills looking over downtown Hollywood and with a view of downtown LA as well, there would be people from various Ivy League schools even though the birthday person (home owner) only went to one of the schools and didn't go to boarding schools with some of the other people. But over half the people will have gone to Ivies because they end up knowing each other.

And just like I found myself friends with several guys who went to Eton College when I lived in Buenos Aires, it turned out that in addition to Eton, several of the other English guys in my expat circle went to various other centuries-old all-boys colleges (kind of like "Senior High School") back in England. They know each other, they put their friends in touch with their friends when passing through... again, you've been "vetted" or "pre-screened" when you've gone to one of those schools.

If you're not social, then you're not social. Just having an Ivy League degree isn't going to mean that you never have to work a day in your life. But if you are a star football player, then alums are going to want to meet you and perhaps have you intern at their firm/company over the summer. If you're a star football player, you're probably already fairly social, because you've been treated differently and had plenty of attention for most of your teen years. If you're a star football player and you don't go pro, people still are going to want you to work for them or they will want to show you off at their office, their party in The Hamptons, their VC Firm in Silicon Valley so that they can talk smack to their Stanford colleagues...

You're more likely to get that summer job in Singapore if you went to an Ivy League school and even more if you played football. That job in London, Paris, or Tokyo is more likely to be yours with "Princeton Football Captain" on your resume. Some Ivy Leaguers go on to be public school teachers, play in a band and then work at a non-profit, some become the stay-at-home/work-from-home parent, not everyone leads a guided life. 

I just know that if I had the choice, I'd go to the Ivies in a heartbeat. It's not like you can't drop out after two years of varsity football and come back to be a PWO at UT.

I think this is generally true (and I can't comment on the football player stuff), but I've had a lot of family and friends go off to the Ivies and comparable schools as well. Some of them are doing well, some struggled for a long time (or are still struggling). One of my brothers has a JD from Harvard and an MA in economics from Yale. He struggled for a LONG time to find employment. To be fair, the legal job market was a train wreck at the time, but still... You'd think that résumé would open some pretty fancy doors, but it seems like it hasn't. And even now, he's definitely not on society's "upper crust."

My other brother went to Duke and got his JD from NYU (shout out to my sister for keeping me from being the family "fuck up"). He'd definitely be considered part the "jet set" you described, but he also gets worked like an animal and I don't know that the connections he made at Duke and NYU really helped him all that much. I also don't see much point in having money if you never really get to enjoy it and you're going to have a heart attack or stroke and drop dead in the office before your 50th birthday.

I have other friends who've gone to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Columbia, Brown, etc. and it's kind of a mixed bag. Some of them have senior positions at places like Blackrock and TOMS. Some of them are glorified administrators. Others are teachers at private and public schools. One of them works in a freaking chocolate factory (seriously). Ultimately, I think that your family background has something to do with it as well - especially within the Northeast prep school crowd.

On the other hand, a lot of my friends from UT went on to do crazy stuff. One is a very successful art dealer in London. Some are partners at places like Norton Rose Fulbright and Jackson Walker. Another is a very successful real estate developer (or something like that) in Hong Kong. Someone else is a professor at Cornell.  And a couple of them are bartenders, substitute teachers, and middle managers.

That said, I agree with you - I love UT, but I would take an offer from one of the big three in a heartbeat. It definitely helps your odds, but a lot of what happens depends on how you handle your business. If you don't do the right things, you can still end up working in a chocolate factory...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

According to his HUDL page, he's only 17. I'm interested to see how much development he has left. Hopefully, Herman just got a massive steal.

Edit: I'm no Daddy98, but, to me, these look like pretty good highlights for a 17 year-old - even with the level off competition not exactly being elite: http://www.hudl.com/profile/3685597/Ben-Ballard

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

My other brother went to Duke and got his JD from NYU (shout out to my sister for keeping me from being the family "fuck up").

Does your sister post here? If not, I think you might take the crown on that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, Helobious said:

Didn't his dad play at Rice?

• 1 year later...
On 2/7/2019 at 5:08 PM, Machinator said:

(Scipio Tex) Walk Hard: Tom Herman's Preferred Walk On Program

Hide contents

One of the most impressive changes instituted by Tom Herman at the University of Texas has been the reinvigoration and advancement of the Texas preferred walk-on program. Perhaps in no small part because he was tasked with working with the walk-ons as a Texas GA under Mack Brown and he sees the opportunity for found money. 

Here's the 2019 class: 

https://247sports.com/player/parker-alford-46053526/

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Saxton-46052270/

https://247sports.com/player/jake-ehlinger-46055366/

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7349382/Nate-Hatter

https://247sports.com/Player/Austin-Hill-46056989/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jett-Bush-46055186/

https://247sports.com/Player/Austin-Hill-46056989/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8745858/Doak-Wilson

https://247sports.com/Player/Chad-Wolf-46050829/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8028105/Christian-Tschauner

https://247sports.com/Player/Patrick-Bayouth-46037309/

https://247sports.com/Player/Myles-Mass-46039975/

This is 2018:

#96 Tristan Bennett, DL-Soph., 6-3 240, Irving (TX) Ranchview
#46 Luke Brockermeyer, LB-FR, 6-3 215, Fort Worth (TX) All Saints Episcopal
#79 Matt Frost, OL-FR, 6-3 265, Folsom (CA)
#52 Jackson Hanna, LB-FR, 6-2 215, Houston (TX) St. Thomas
#54 Justin Mader, DS-FR, 6-4 225, Magnolia (TX)
#18 Tremayne Prudehomme, QB-FR, 6-1 185, Houston (TX) Aldine Davis
#23 Jarrett Smith, RB-FR, 5-7 195, Webster (TX) Clear Brook
#23 Turner Symonds, DB-FR, 6-0 175, Fort Worth (TX) Country Day
#62 Jeremy Thompson-Sevon, DL/OL-FR, 6-2 240, Lewisville (TX) Hebron
#63 Troy Torres, DL-FR, 5-11 290, El Paso (TX) Bowie
#15 Travis West, WR-FR, 6-0 175, Dallas (TX) Wilson
#36 Kamari Williams, RB-FR, 5-9 175, Conroe (TX) Oak Ridge

You should be pleasantly surprised after watching film of some of these guys. 

What is a Preferred Walk On? It's a non-scholarship player with a guaranteed spot on the roster. They don't have to audition in the Spring and be subjected to an open try out. Once on the roster, walk-ons get the same medical, training, dining (a recent positive change), and equipment benefits as scholarship athletes. 

At Texas under Herman, they're being afforded a degree of respect, benefits and inclusiveness that few programs can match.

Texas is only two years in to a plan that by its very nature takes time and the right conditions (or rather, strength and conditioning) for its seeds to grow, but it's useful to point to the revamped preferred walk on program at Texas - particularly as a subset of overall recruiting and development for all athletes - as a good illustration of what Herman is doing best here in Austin. 

We tend to conceive of coaching as Xs and Os, game planning, and assistant hires but the superstructure of a program is just as, if not more, important. That's the real lesson of programs like Alabama, Clemson and, yes, the New England Patriots. The Xs and Os are on point, but the culture and institution building is nonpareil. 

Why do we even care? Aren't these players just glorified tackling dummies, occasionally helping the "real players" get a look? Every now and again, you give one of them an extra scholarship for their sacrifice and film a viral video that makes everyone tear up a little.

Well, I think Herman has more ambitious ideas. And it's written all over the quality of players coming into this PWO program. Watch the film. Look at their other offers. There's a clear talent identification and engagement protocol being run by our personnel staff and I'm pretty impressed by it. Here's why it matters:

They can be guarantors of program culture. While you want your best players to be your leaders, walk-ons can set a hell of an example and be a positive infrastructure. With a college system increasingly geared towards playing elite freshman and good players leaving after three years to the NFL, cultural transfer and the way a program does things has to be constantly re-established. You don't want the coaches constantly establishing it. You want it to be player enforced. Walk-ons will be here for four or five years. All of them got into Texas, so academics are on point. Same with overall organization and maturity. In short, they set a good example and they have institutional memory. A good walk-on can inculcate culture even more directly. When a 23 year old walk-on with five years of S&C and maturity under his belt gives a physically immature 18 year old 4 star recruit an ass whipping in a matt drill or scrimmage, it's an eye opening imperative to take their own development seriously. They also know our offense, defense and our Big 12 opponents backwards and forwards. You want players hearing more constructive voices than just the coaches. Coaches, like parents, get tuned out fast. 

They enforce a standard and create competition. The difference between a PWO who passed up legitimate P-5 scholarship offers, a West Point football appointment, or a full ride to Sam Houston State or an Ivy is a difference in kind from a marginal high school starter who really loves Texas and has always wanted to be a part of the program. Herman's best PWO profiles are former high school stars, often from winning programs, who, because of one or two physical traits, weren't considered Texas material. Or are at least very interesting late bloomers specifically identified at positions where late bloomers with certain physical traits (see Tight End) will often grow into studs. 

If your scholarship guys have to actually try during practice in order not to be shown up, they get better at football. They grow their skills. They actually have to apply teaching and can't just try to turn it on when game day rolls around. The starters and coaches actually get a realistic sense of what the opponents Xs are trying to do to your Os, because schemes without real play speed are useless. 

They create depth and possibly free money starters. Beyond raising the bar at practice, if you stack enough of these guys with legit lower tier D1 offers, legacies with a love of Texas and favorable genetics who opted for Austin rather than a full ride elsewhere, or odd traits that throw off standard evaluation (see Jarrett Smith, the dynamic 5'6" RB), we'll end up with an eventual starter or depth chart asset. In a good way, not desperation. And even if desperation, you'd rather have an option than not.

I look specifically at interior OL, LB, TE, any kicker, blocking fullback and slot receiver as the most likely positional candidates to provide a possible major contributor. Those positions are all hard to project, with late blooming potential and athletic traits that can change radically with S&C. We're probably less likely to see an outside WR, DL or CB be a major contributor, but anything can happen at any position.

Good walk-ons just create program floor. A mature 4th or 5th year walk-on who could have started for an Academy is a pretty damn respectable football player. Under the right circumstances, a team comprised of them can win 11 games and beat Houston by 56 points in a bowl game. 

Striking gold. This is the dream. Every now and then you strike on a Clay Matthews, Aeneas Williams, Baker Mayfield, JJ Watt, Carl Nassib, Jordy Nelson or Antonio Brown. The odds of that increase substantially the higher the baseline quality of PWO. Less ambitiously, simply developing a few guys who can legitimately earn spots on special teams, round out a depth chart or can turn into a starting kicker, blocking fullback or deep snapper is incredibly valuable to a roster. 

Herman has a plan here and his player personnel staff are executing pretty damn well against it. I'm optimistic about what it will yield.

Love bringing @Machinator quality post back to life!!  Above is Great info on the TEXAS PWO if you're interested...

2019 PWO SUCCESS -- JETT BUSH !!! 

Come Back Machinator... 🤘 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

PWO info...                          (Thx @satyanash )

Bobby Burton: Wednesday

In the Alamo Bowl, Texas trotted out Cort Jacquess, a former walk-on, as its starting middle linebacker. Jacquess performed admirably, particularly against the run in the Horns decisive upset win over Utah. Fast forward eight months and now another walk-on linebacker is making his name. Jett Bush, a sophomore from Strake Jesuit in Houston, was put on scholarship this week, and he’s on the depth chart behind none other than All-American candidate Joe Ossai.

Bush was originally committed to New Mexico State until late January of 2019. But after further consideration, he ultimately de-committed and opted instead to enroll and walk-on at Texas. Congrats to Bush for his scholarship and hard-earned success. Here’s video of Bush as a high school senior to wet your whistle: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7121778/5b9d30f93deae70a84a89082

I have mentioned multiple times my affinity for the thoroughness of the Texas player personnel department. The department encompasses plain, old-fashioned recruiting, like the blue chips we all know about. Yet it also includes grad transfers and preferred walk-ons. It’s easy to recognize just how much impact grad transfers have had on the program in recent years. But now walk-ons are making their mark, too.

For decades, walk ons of any consequence at Texas were few and far between. And they were almost always kickers. Mack Brown had a sprinkling of success with a couple of special teams players but not much else. Unlike regular recruiting or grad transfers, a successful walk-on program takes years to bear fruit. First, it’s not always easy selling the idea for a player to pay their way to earn a scholarship. And then it’s not any easier finding players who can academically get in to Texas.

But that’s where we’re at today. The Texas walk-on program is thriving. The roots of the program’s recent success goes back years. I’ll never forget a conversation I had with Bob Shipley during his first tenure at Texas under Mack Brown. Shipley, who had been to many Texas games watching his sons play for the Horns, told me he was always struck by the size and ability difference of the Texas walk ons compared to those of other teams. Texas was lacking in his estimation and he thought he could improve it.

He said he felt like in a state like Texas, where football is king, there had to be some real players out there who would be attracted to Texas and who could simply improve the roster. While Shipley left Texas for a while to go back to high school coaching, the walk-on program he started never really got on track. But when Shipley returned to Texas under Tom Herman, he got the support he needed and he went to work.

Part of the problem was a lack of resources put toward the process of finding the players. The regular assistants were more focused on recruiting the scholarship players. But Shipley, and staff members like John Michael Jones, who is credited with unearthing Bush, had the wherewithal and long-term plan to produce a better walk-on program. And it has worked. My hats off to that part of the personnel department for their success as well.

Will Texas be the next Nebraska in its heyday as it relates to a walk-on program? No, of course not. Nebraska high schoolers were never picked over with a fine tooth comb like ones from Texas. But clearly there is value to be found. And Texas is doing just that.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, travelingtexan said:

so what ever happened to Finnegan Corwin mentioned at the top of the page? Just googled him and cant tell where he went...

Like five results down the Google Search page, dude. He's at OU: https://twitter.com/finncorwin7?lang=en

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I probably missed it, but is Cort Jaquess on scholarship? Dude is damn good. 

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/Former-Churchill-LB-Cort-Jaquess-one-of-two-14307203.php

Pride of Winston Churchill HS in San Antonio. Showed out in Alamo Bowl. Fellow charger and good story. Happy for the kid. 

21 minutes ago, Okcool said:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/Former-Churchill-LB-Cort-Jaquess-one-of-two-14307203.php

Pride of Winston Churchill HS in San Antonio. Showed out in Alamo Bowl. Fellow charger and good story. Happy for the kid. 

Same. Definition of a diamond in the rough so far. I'm really happy for him, and he's smart and a hard worker. 

1 minute ago, TheBryMan81 said:

X-posting because... Well, I thought I was on the recruiting board when I first posted it only to realize I was on the Football board. Whatever.

But, all of these walk ons got playing time yet no Luke Brockermeyer? Interesting.

LB is so deep, tough and athletic. Tough for a walk on to even sniff the field with the heavy hitters in front of him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:13 PM, Okcool said:

Fuck Churchill

3 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

X-posting because... Well, I thought I was on the recruiting board when I first posted it only to realize I was on the Football board. Whatever.

But, all of these walk ons got playing time yet no Luke Brockermeyer? Interesting.

Brockermeyer did not dress on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If accurate, any info why Brock didn't dress for UTEP??

He's injured. I think they covered it in the pregame presser, but there's no nefarious subplot he just wasn't good to go.

** I think you can see him a few times on the LHN coverage - jersey but no pads.

Edited by golfclap
added