2019 IMSA & misc. auto racing

Prepuce of Doom

24 hours of Daytona today. And tomorrow. 

I'll be watching intermittently - we're scheduled to move on Monday and have a bunch of shit to do around the house, and we've got a date taking the Doomlet to see Truckasaurus and Bigfoot at the Hot Wheels Monster Truck show this evening. 

Blackmore's usual outstanding spotters guide (my bad for not posting this sooner when you could have used company toner...) is available here:

http://www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/19_imsa/

Also, keep track of the typical shifting coverage bullshit at http://www.tvracer.com

Oh yeah, first stint by Alonso was absolutely massive. Came from 5th  (idk how many seconds back) to 1st and built a 21s lead. Then he lost the lead due a caution and then built it back up to something like 18s before the next pit stop. If it weren't for all the yellows, the 10 would be ahead by a minute or two.

20 hours ago, Clackles said:

Crazy stuff.  Can’t believe they went green when they did, but looks to be a short break in the rain coming.

Yeah it seems to have taken everyone by surprise, too. No warning. They were interviewing 'Dinger (iirc?) and he said they went green the first time basically when the conditions were the worst they had been up to that point.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

world of outlaws this friday night at cotton bowl speedway 

Yep. Hoping we can get out there. Still lots of seats, but they aren't cheap. 

We're going to the Nationals at Devil's Bowl on March 15th & 16th though. Looks pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 8:04 PM, elfenix said:

Don't forget the 12 + 1000 of Sebring is this weekend.

Yeah I was gonna take my older boy to see Alonso in the 1000 (he's not running the 12), but the logistics were too much without him missing a lot of school. They have an extra large crowd this year, soit might've been rough even after we got there. 

Haven't even had a chance to start watching it yet. Guess we'll just avoid news and start tomorrow. So much going on ... Sebring, F1, Texas Baseball, plus actual lfe

What Alonso is doing is phenomenal and so fun to watch. It think he's going to do something that nobody will match in a very long time, if ever.

Edited by wood

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard about this but hadn't seen it til now: Fernando Alonso breaks the Sebring track record by 3 seconds ... at night. Wow.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a26840492/watch-fernando-alonso-break-the-sebring-lap-record-by-three-seconds/

The tweet with the video won't embed for some reason.

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1106613374123761665/video/1

Edited by wood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks much better than I expected it to. Looking forward to it. But I'll probably be watching it the whole time thinking McConaughey woulda been a better Shelby.

Edited by wood

24 hours of le mans is on motortrend channel this weekend (formerly velocity channel)

streaming device app page

schedule:

(central times)

FP: wednesday at 8:45 am

Q1: wedensday 2:45 pm

Q2: thursday 11:45 am

Q3: thursday 2:45 pm

warm up: saturday 1:45 am

race start: saturday 8 am, broadcast starts at 7 am

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

android app worked for about 10 minutes but hasn't been able to load since.  firetv and roku app both require you to subscribe, far as i can tell, rather than just logging in with your cable provider. 

Edited by elfenix