Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

Obviously I can’t speak for that store, but the way I found it here was showing an employee a pic from this thread. He fucking led me directly to it, I was impressed. 

Edit: It was in the fresh refrigerated meat section, not frozen. Priced by the pound, mine was like 1.6 lbs for $8-9. 

Edited by spystud13

On 6/16/2019 at 12:28 AM, hornian said:

The Mi Tienda refried beans are legit. 4 ingredients: Water, Pinto Beans, Lard, Salt

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-mi-tienda-refried-pinto-beans/1705165

Better than most Mexican restaurant’s beans north of San Antonio. 

are they better than the dehydrated ones from Santa Fe Bean Company?

51FYMo-hvNL.jpg

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/santa-fe-bean-company-instant-southwestern-style-refried-beans/892179

18 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No Fossil Flakes, but Mexican Chocolate is currently in the freezer. Only happens a short while every year, and we can't get enough of the stuff.

it is seriously some of the best ice cream on the market, someone at the old site recommended it and i happily will third it at this point.

excellent ice cream

On 6/11/2019 at 4:12 PM, spystud13 said:

Okay, this shit is fucking awesome, thanks for the rec. Will try the pork next time. 

I have tried I think 4 flavors now (they have a few chicken options, two pork I think and the beef) they are all really good. 

• Like 2

On 5/23/2019 at 10:40 PM, DougO said:

I used to get that Nighthawk dinner with an actual hunk of steak, not ground, and a potato triangle, and that butter based steak sauce that was pretty awesome. I never could figure out what was in it besides the butter.

I member those. Always thought that was garlic salt mixed in with the butter. 

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Their jalapeño hot dogs are also good. 

the jalapeno and cheese ones were the tits, but i can see HEB not wanting to sell something that says 'Texas Heritage' on the front that says "Made in Ohio' on the back

• 3 weeks later...

Had the al pastor Mi Tienda taco meat the the other day, real fucking good. Cheap as fuck too, like $4.80 for over 2 lbs or some shit. 

Purchase of any two of their meats came with 5 free items; shredded cheese, those refried beans in a bag, seasoning shaker, guac, & raw ready-to-heat tortillas. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Had the al pastor Mi Tienda taco meat the the other day, real fucking good. Cheap as fuck too, like $4.80 for over 2 lbs or some shit. 

Purchase of any two of their meats came with 5 free items; shredded cheese, those refried beans in a bag, seasoning shaker, guac, & raw ready-to-heat tortillas. 

Got the same meal deal last week, good one for sure. 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, Mack Tripper said:

This is the shit - the jalapeño emulsion green sauce (like Tacodeli’s salsa doña). This seems to last longer than the salsa doña you can get at Whole Foods and I actually like it better. Made in Weslaco.
151792262e37a47d29f00a7886c77e6e.jpg

HEB has an in-store coupon, at the moment, for $2 off, bringing the price down to $2.99. I stocked up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So, there was a display case full of Hatch green chilis yesterday. I am four days away from leaving the land of HEB. I may need to just go buy more peppers every day until we leave.

they have the roaster out front at mine currently

side note, the hatch chicken salad they have generally (next to the other chicken salads, etc) is pretty damn good

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kevwun said:

The steakhouse salmon pre-made meals are damn good.  I wish I could buy the seasoning they put on the salmon.  It is greatness.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-meal-simple-steakhouse-salmon-with-fingerling-potatoes-green-beans/2397576

Looks fairly simple to replicate a reasonable facsimile.

smoky ancho steakhouse rub (salt, brown sugar, spices (include, parsley), ancho peppers, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, dehydrated bell peppers, dextrose, natural flavor (include, smoke flavor), citric acid, paprika extractives, contains 2% or less of:, sunflower oil (anticaking), tricalcium phosphate (anticaking))

So some smoked ancho powder and various chili powders, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, drop of lemon/lime and brown sugar, little bit of oil, you can probably skip the chemicals.

I was at HEB a while ago and they're having this thing where all HEB branded stuff is 10% off. I don't know if it's some kind of anniversary or Texas national holiday of some kind or what.

The jalapeno and cheese summer sausage is sublime. Grabbed a couple of cans of their charro beans to stash away. The Heritage pepper jack sausage ring is a constant in my basket and fridge. HEB stuff rules, almost without exception. It should be a dang holiday.