Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 12/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, Dewey said:

I live 30 minutes from an heb, so I rarely go to one. The other night I was near that heb, late night and needed some groceries. No kidding, I wanted to buy everything I walked by, even the frozen pizza aisle is glorious, cheeses galore,  fresh this, fresh that. HEB does it right and when I have the energy for a 30 minute drive and shop, I'm going back. HEB does not fuck around. Those of you who make HEB your regular grocery should be extremely thankful. 

Heb is crazy today, didn't even try to enter parking lot. Kept on rolling but any other day I'll stop in. One hiccup is that they need to do something about keeping the bags of pretzel (there  making me thirsty) from being broken. Always get the two bags for the price but I'll be damn at the end of the bag I'm tossing it away. Any ideas for pretzel crumbs...

3 hours ago, Halohal said:

Heb is crazy today, didn't even try to enter parking lot. Kept on rolling but any other day I'll stop in. One hiccup is that they need to do something about keeping the bags of pretzel (there  making me thirsty) from being broken. Always get the two bags for the price but I'll be damn at the end of the bag I'm tossing it away. Any ideas for pretzel crumbs...

The H-E-B sourdough pretzel bags are really damn good.   Perfectly salt ratio. 

On 12/16/2019 at 10:55 PM, BachelorTrek said:

001726521-1?id=3DVRH1&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

HEB's Mi Comida fajita beef is fattier than buying your own at Costco/Sam's and seasoning it yourself, but I like its seasoning for fajitas. If you have more time, do it your way with the Costco/Sam's fajita beef.

spacer.png

This is the shit you want IMO

So they're finally closing down the worst HEB in Austin S. 1st and William Cannon HEB. Where will all the poors in my hood buy their plastic gold jewelry? I guess they'll have to travel two blocks east to I-35 and William Cannon to what was formally the #2 worst HEB in austin, but will be the newly-crowned #1 worst HEB in Austin on April 3, 2020. I wonder how long that one will stay open with the one opening at Slaughter and 35?

That HEB rules. You can park within 20 feet from the entrance and it's never crowded. As long as you need the basics and survive without getting shot between your car and the front door, it's the easiest HEB in Austin. Sucks that it's going away. I'll go 10 minutes out of the way to that one instead of Brodie William Cannon and still save 20 minutes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BradInATX said:

That HEB rules. You can park within 20 feet from the entrance and it's never crowded. As long as you need the basics and survive without getting shot between your car and the front door, it's the easiest HEB in Austin. Sucks that it's going away. I'll go 10 minutes out of the way to that one instead of Brodie William Cannon and still save 20 minutes.

Agreed. I felt that way even when it was a shitty Albertsons back in the day. And never once got stabbed. 

7 hours ago, LebongJames said:

HEB on Lamar and Rundberg way shittier than either on Wm Cannon

This. And the parking lot of the Riverside one is like a damn Formula 1 track, except that at HEB none of the competitors have insurance.

Edited by BradInATX

BTW, anyone know where the new HEB on 290 and Camp Ben will be? I'm guessing it has to be where the church is/was?
I know they bought the nutty brown Cafe land but not exactly sure when or what they are building. They are about to build one at 290/1826 to replace the one at the Y

I was passing through Huntsville and saw the HEB there had a HEB BBQ joint attached to hit.  Has anyone else seen this concept yet?  No clue on the quality, but could be useful as a sandwich option for lunches.

The Midland HEB has some pretty great bbq. I assume the concept is the same, give it a go.

1826 is the same as camp Ben (McCullough road). My fault, should have clarified. Old south austin guy habit.
Yep. I should have clued in. Start in Feb and finished around the end of the year. I'll have that and the circle c one very close. This one sounds bigger.

https://newsroom.heb.com/h-e-b-to-open-new-store-to-replace-existing-location-in-oak-hill/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Are there any ultra low carb wraps or tortilla substitute that HEB sells that could replace a traditional tortilla? I know they sell those egg wrap things for breakfast type foods but what about for traditional tacos or fajitas?

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/folios-cheddar-cheese-wraps/2118615

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Are there any ultra low carb wraps or tortilla substitute that HEB sells that could replace a traditional tortilla? I know they sell those egg wrap things for breakfast type foods but what about for traditional tacos or fajitas?

Best I’ve found. Keto friends said game changer

Mama Lupe Low Carb Tortillas 12.5oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053DJYOC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PO6jEb8RCDVQA

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Best I’ve found. Keto friends said game changer

Mama Lupe Low Carb Tortillas 12.5oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053DJYOC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PO6jEb8RCDVQA

Don't have those here, but I like the HEB brand ones better than the big label brand, and they're cheaper.

I just wish somebody would invent some low carb chips for guac and stuff. Toasted low carb torts don't have much flavor, and it's a pain.

Edited by DougO

27 minutes ago, DougO said:

Don't have those here, but I like the HEB brand ones better than the big label brand, and they're cheaper.

I just wish somebody would invent some low carb chips for guac and stuff. Toasted low carb torts don't have much flavor, and it's a pain.

Oh yeah, not an HEB item. They do freeze well

22 hours ago, DougO said:

We use pork rinds with guacamole and salsa, not even close to a good tortilla chip but better than nada.