Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

1 hour ago, McFly said:

Just looked online and most of the mi tienda meats are not available. Are they discontinuing them? What gives?

eta. Maybe it’s just the store. Seeing them in other ones now. 

stock depends on the location and "clientele" of your store from what some folks said on the old site...

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

stock depends on the location and "clientele" of your store from what some folks said on the old site...

It definitely does. Employees have told me. But I see them available at Braker/183 but not at 35/Parmer. That didn’t make sense to me. 

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

If you're shopping curbside, the site will randomly say they're out of stuff you know they have. Last week, there were no roma tomatoes at the Allandale HEB.  A while back, no fat free milk. Pretty confident, they weren't out of either.

My HEB is frequently out of HEB brand organic 2% milk in the half gallon size.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

find an HEB with more 'ethnic' clientele 

I actually think the Mi Tienda brands are marketed to the gringos, and the "ethnic" clientele tends to favor the more cost-conscious Hill Country Fair branded shit. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, McFly said:

Plenty ethnic at 35/Parmer. Hence the confusion why Braker/183 had them and the other didn’t. 

45 minutes ago, Deej said:

The ethics go to Rundberg and Lamar. 35/Parmer is for the whiteys that fear the Rundberg location.

I live in Tech Ridge and the one at 35/Parmer sucks. The one in Round Rock on 45 is much better, and has the "ethnic". 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

My HEB is frequently out of HEB brand organic 2% milk in the half gallon size.

I actually think the Mi Tienda brands are marketed to the gringos, and the "ethnic" clientele tends to favor the more cost-conscious Hill Country Fair branded shit. 

i guess they only have the 2 mi tienda stores in houston.  thought there might be some in SA or the valley as well.

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

i guess they only have the 2 mi tienda stores in houston.  thought there might be some in SA or the valley as well.

I had no idea there were stores just called "Mi Tienda" see the two in Houston now. 

The rundberg/lamar location was branded as a "mi tienda" HEB for awhile. The sign still said HEB but added a "mi tienda" label as well, kinda like the "plus" on the HEB plus stores. No idea if it still is. https://www.austinchronicle.com/food/2012-01-20/h-e-b-mi-tienda/

Curbside shit is a bunch of crap. Why hog up good parking spaces from people who are actually burning a calorie or two walking their lardasses allt the way into a store and pushing a cart around jamming it with a bunch of food with no help at all?  If you ordered your shit to pick up you don't need to park close. Have the pick up spots out back where it's NOT hogging up even more spaces. Yeah, just shit all over your real customers, they're all suckers anyway...when HEB is open.

• Like 1

Curbside shit is a bunch of crap. Why hog up good parking spaces from people who are actually burning a calorie or two walking their lardasses allt the way into a store and pushing a cart around jamming it with a bunch of food with no help at all?  If you ordered your shit to pick up you don't need to park close. Have the pick up spots out back where it's NOT hogging up even more spaces. Yeah, just shit all over your real customers, they're all suckers anyway...when HEB is open.

At the HEB I frequent, assuming it’s open, the curbside parking is on the side and rear corner.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, DougO said:

Found a major chink in the armor today. Ghetto HEB in Temple has the worst insurance ever.

johnnyinsurance'

The two ladies on the right seem to find it humorous, as well.

So, I can buy an 8-ball at the Temple HEB?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the most relevant post of the entire thread. 

H-E-B announced that it will temporarily reduce hours of operation and is adjusting services.

“To prepare our stores to better serve our customers, all H-E-B, Joe V’s Smart Shop, Mi Tienda and Central Market stores in the Houston area will shift to modified hours, closing at 8 p.m. today," the retail change announced. "Starting tomorrow, March 14 we will shift to modified hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until further notice.”

The change is intended to help keep shelves stocked and ensure customers can secure the products they need. 

^ I’ll post in plain text for those that use dark mode... 

H-E-B announced that it will temporarily reduce hours of operation and is adjusting services.

“To prepare our stores to better serve our customers, all H-E-B, Joe V’s Smart Shop, Mi Tienda and Central Market stores in the Houston area will shift to modified hours, closing at 8 p.m. today," the retail change announced. "Starting tomorrow, March 14 we will shift to modified hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until further notice.”

The change is intended to help keep shelves stocked and ensure customers can secure the products they need.

Supposedly they had to shut down the HEB in Hudson Oaks today because the whiteys were fighting over what little was left. 

2 hours ago, ss13 said:

^ I’ll post in plain text for those that use dark mode... 

Supposedly they had to shut down the HEB in Hudson Oaks today because the whiteys were fighting over what little was left. 

So they're getting the Rundberg HEB experience?

17 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Perhaps the most relevant post of the entire thread. 

Just read the press release that this is now going state-wide effective today. 

HEB is about to be even less open than usual!

”HEB, serving you better by being less open”.  Fucking brilliant!

Edited by After irth

They are completely restocking every night. Everyone will get their months worth of shit with a little diligence. Why punish the less well off because others can afford to do so. Bravo HEB. Boo PE. Poors were aggressive and reactionary. 1% just assumed they could pay more. Glad they got fucked. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, DoobieWah said:

Can confirm. HEB at San Felipe and Fountain View was closed and empty at 8:30 pm. Kroger was open and we got what we went looking for but it sure as hell wasn’t hand sanitizer, water or tp. 

randall's was fully stocked, i assume. 

14 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Right

Give HEB a break.  They're fucking trying.  

This is your final warning.  If I hear anyone try to sully them I will bring the full weight of my internet e-peen to bear on your anus.

tenor.gif?itemid=8128917

No shit.  They're trying to add some sanity to the situation.  "Everyone chill out.  We're going to restock our shelves every day, and to do that we're going to reduce our hours.  Every one can get the necessities they need as long as they aren't fucking jackasses about it."

The problem is assholes with 100 roles of TP at their house are going to go restock every 3 days so they never drop below 95.