Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

• 2 weeks later...

Such a well run company. Truly a community partner. 

Select H-E-B stores will sell ready-made meals from restaurant partners

In the spirit of Texans helping Texans, H-E-B has launched a foodie-inspired pilot program to help restaurants throughout Texas during the coronavirus crisis.

Through the partnerships, select H-E-B stores will sell ready-made meals from restaurant partners. All proceeds from the sales of these chef-prepared meals will go directly to the restaurants.

H-E-B has teamed with some well-know establishments know for their culinary chops. In San Antonio, H-E-B launched the program, partnering with Max & Louie’s New York Diner, a Jewish deli that’s offering a range of meals such as its popular matzo ball soup. In about a handful of H-E-B stores in San Antonio, the restaurant told the San Antonio Express-News that the move into stores has allowed ownership to hire back nearly a dozen of its furloughed employees.

“They’ve been an unbelievable partner,” the restaurant’s owner, Drew Glick, told the Express-News.

See coverage from the San Antonio Express-News here. 

“We are a family of foodies, and we have a deep relationship with lots of restaurants and chefs, so this is something we wanted to do to help in these difficult times,” Dya Campos, H-E-B Director of Government and Public Affairs, told the San Antonio Express-News.

In Houston, H-E-B stores will sell dishes from Cherry Block, a downtown Houston steakhouse, and James Beard Award-winning chef Chris Shepherd’s Underbelly Hospitality.

As the program develops, Campos told the Express-News that other potential restaurant partners include San Antonio chef Johnny Hernandez, Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina in San Antonio, Fresa’s and Ramen Tatsu-ya in Austin.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

In the spirit of Texans helping Texans, H-E-B has launched a foodie-inspired pilot program to help restaurants throughout Texas during the coronavirus crisis.

Through the partnerships, select H-E-B stores will sell ready-made meals from restaurant partners. All proceeds from the sales of these chef-prepared meals will go directly to the restaurants.

H-E-B has teamed with some well-know establishments know for their culinary chops. In San Antonio, H-E-B launched the program, partnering with Max & Louie’s New York Diner, a Jewish deli that’s offering a range of meals such as its popular matzo ball soup. In about a handful of H-E-B stores in San Antonio, the restaurant told the San Antonio Express-News that the move into stores has allowed ownership to hire back nearly a dozen of its furloughed employees.

“They’ve been an unbelievable partner,” the restaurant’s owner, Drew Glick, told the Express-News.

“We are a family of foodies, and we have a deep relationship with lots of restaurants and chefs, so this is something we wanted to do to help in these difficult times,” Dya Campos, H-E-B Director of Government and Public Affairs, told the San Antonio Express-News.

In Houston, H-E-B stores will sell dishes from Cherry Block, a downtown Houston steakhouse, and James Beard Award-winning chef Chris Shepherd’s Underbelly Hospitality.

As the program develops, Campos told the Express-News that other potential restaurant partners include San Antonio chef Johnny Hernandez, Rosario’s Mexican Cafe Y Cantina in San Antonio, Fresa’s and Ramen Tatsu-ya in Austin.

I always think of a good Jewish deli when I think of San Antonio.

Its a shame they are not publicly traded. I would happily steer an overweight percentage of my portfolio in that direction. 

Why? So everything that makes them awesome is abandoned for the sake of another 1/100th cent of profit? The list of companies that improved by going public is fucking short.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s probably approaching the time they sell out to some New York investment house that tries to take them national

I started hitting Kroger’s during this current mess and it wasn’t bad at all. HeB bakery is better (tortillas) and no fresh pico 

no lines and they were very well stocked 

Edited by tx 3 putt

On 4/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, TonyTexas said:

Phenomenal. 

Underwhelmed, hardly any chicken was probably 90% tortilla 413fa86a804de62da4b448ae5037cc2a.jpg

Pretty amazing that H-E-B does something as extraordinarily good as to extend this lifeline to Chris Sheperd and this is what he puts out (as well as chicken tenders/Mac n cheese and a “bacon-sausage-tater tot casserole). If it’s like what they’re doing with bakeries (slow dough and bread man in h-town) they’re selling it at their cost. This shit just seems a little tone-deaf for the current situation. Props to what he does for charity with southern smoke, but c’mon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm out of low carb tortillas. I have been getting through this COVID thing pretty good,  but I need my damn tortillas. Curbside is all booked up everywhere, which makes me even more ragey about the curbside bullcrap. I'll swap a damn roll of TP for some low carb tortillas.

I'm out of low carb tortillas. I have been getting through this COVID thing pretty good,  but I need my damn tortillas. Curbside is all booked up everywhere, which makes me even more ragey about the curbside bullcrap. I'll swap a damn roll of TP for some low carb tortillas.

Fuck your diet. It’s a goddamn pandemic. Eat a regular tortilla.
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Fuck your diet. It’s a goddamn pandemic. Eat a regular tortilla.

This is what happened for me.  I'd been doing extremely low-carb since the beginning of January.  Then after the first couple weeks of shelter-in-place, when specific items starting getting more difficult to come by, I just abandoned it.

And, apparently, drinking tons of booze every day is my NEW diet... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

This is what happened for me.  I'd been doing extremely low-carb since the beginning of January.  Then after the first couple weeks of shelter-in-place, when specific items starting getting more difficult to come by, I just abandoned it.

It really is the best diet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Same boat and now instead of low carb its liver abuse time

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

Same.

I know a few people personally who use this shit to cheat on their diet and eat shitty fattening food. It's bullshit. You can get the same meat and vegetables, after the initial walking dead moron hoarding wore off. Fuck, nobody even wants no part of squash right now, so you can pretty much have your pick of the litter. I just need some damn tortillas. And pickin's for jalapeno's is often pretty sad, too. But fuck a bunch of pussyass fat fucks using this virus thing as an excuse to eat themselves into an early grave.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DougO said:

Obesity is a far more widespread and deadly pandemic.

you're not fat because you eat regular tortillas. You're fat because you eat 20 tortillas

10 hours ago, DougO said:

I know a few people personally who use this shit to cheat on their diet and eat shitty fattening food. It's bullshit. You can get the same meat and vegetables, after the initial walking dead moron hoarding wore off. Fuck, nobody even wants no part of squash right now, so you can pretty much have your pick of the litter. I just need some damn tortillas. And pickin's for jalapeno's is often pretty sad, too. But fuck a bunch of pussyass fat fucks using this virus thing as an excuse to eat themselves into an early grave.

This post is insane. You're mad at people for not sticking to YOUR diet? A diet in which you cant eat a regular tortilla. During a stress and anxiety inducing pandemic. yeah dude - it's totally BULLSHIT that people have decided to indulge in one of the only things that bring them happiness right now. Also, how is this "bullshit"? It's not like these people that you're in an imaginary competition with are getting an unfair advantage in the fake diet game you're playing against them. You apparently got fat enough during normal times without the additional stress and anxiety of a pandemic that you had to resort to eating low carb tortillas to lose weight. Cut some people some slack fatass. 

• Like 1