Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

I've started consuming this HEB Queso Asadero cheese regularly. It really is delicious, a big step up from typical Monterey Jack cheese, much bolder, more flavorful and has a nice firm cutting texture for just whittling. Some of the best cheese I have had in a really long time.

000124848-1?id=DfmSZ1&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

The Queso Muenster is also quite good. That spicy outer rim really gives it a pleasant kick. It's a bit spongy, but it tastes really good.

001193945-1?id=ACqRX2&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of cheese, I picked up some HEB jalapeno pimento cheese and that shit is pretty, pretty good. It was an impulse buy, and I'm not sure I have ever purchased pimento cheese prior, but now I usually have some in the fridge. Goes great with corn chips, the red hot blues tortilla chips, and is pretty bad-ass stuffed into a baked potato. Its not super hot or anything, but  did provide more kick than I was initially expecting. 

image.png.b15821a38ff65cf8f9499234437c23e9.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 10:10 PM, DougO said:

I've started consuming this HEB Queso Asadero cheese regularly. It really is delicious, a big step up from typical Monterey Jack cheese, much bolder, more flavorful and has a nice firm cutting texture for just whittling. Some of the best cheese I have had in a really long time.

000124848-1?id=DfmSZ1&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

The Queso Muenster is also quite good. That spicy outer rim really gives it a pleasant kick. It's a bit spongy, but it tastes really good.

001193945-1?id=ACqRX2&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

Dude, if you're into those, you've got to try the menonite cheese:

39fa540e4a2b55d1e79198798df131e5.jpeg

When I was a kid, on the way back to the US from my grandparents' ranch, we'd stop at a Menonite colony and buy a bunch of fresh cheese.  It was kickass -- a mild, salty, creamy with a bit of a bite cheese.  This is damned close.  Makes great quesadillas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

I'm a pretty heavy drinker of the heb flavored seltzer. Usually get one each of the lime, grapefruit, and coconut. Today they had one 12er of black cherry on the shelf. Where the fuck have they been hiding this stuff? Its by far the best flavor they have.

I buy that stuff all of the time.

It is really good if you squeeze some of the actual fruit into whatever flavor you are drinking.

Edited by Steamboat1874

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was a kid, on the way back to the US from my grandparents' ranch, we'd stop at a Menonite colony and buy a bunch of fresh cheese.  It was kickass -- a mild, salty, creamy with a bit of a bite cheese.  This is damned close.  Makes great quesadillas.

Which HEB?    See about 3 or 4 varieties of their specialty cheeses at Brodie and Escarpment as well but haven't seen this.  

Need to try.

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Which HEB?    See about 3 or 4 varieties of their specialty cheeses at Brodie and Escarpment as well but haven't seen this.  

Need to try.

Yeah.....I can only find it at the "United Nations" HEB -- on S. Lamar at Rundberg.  I love that HEB.  5 kinds of fresh tortillas, a fruitstand IN the store, 10 kinds of chorizo, mexican cheeses.....it's awesome.  I recommend.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That stuff is the bomb-diggity.  I remember you suggesting it perhaps years ago, maybe even on the other site, and I tried it-- so good.  It's a mainstay in my fridge now.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Need to try.

The Mexican style cheeses at my store are between the packaged grated cheeses and the sliced cheeses, up on a higher shelf. They're sort of separated from the other block cheeses. They're all kind of jammed in their together so they don't all show up real well. I had to dig around a bit to find the Menonita.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Brisketexan said:

I got some of this today and started munching on it. It's really good. It's very similar to the Queso Muenster, but without the spicy outside edge.

5 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Anyone else having issues with HEB home delivery. My order this afternoon had my deli meat and cheese in the same plastic bag as my chicken breasts and my eggs on top of my bread.

I’m assuming that this is some sort of performance art. 

If not, then - Oh, the horror!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Slams y goes hard.

C5B45DDE-9B1F-4BE7-BF62-4CE74D908E15.thumb.jpeg.949aa3760e7956f2cabf96d349faa0d8.jpeg

WTF????? When were these things first discovered and why are there no “breaking news” updates about this??? Holy shit I’m going to H-E-B today to track these down. I hope the Houston area stores have them. Where did you find them in the store?

23 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I bought my wife a pint of this on Friday.  It was gone yesterday.  This may be the best ice cream I've ever tasted.  Seriously:

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-select-ingredients-creamy-creations-pumpkin-pie-limited-edition-ice-cream/2631016

try the blueberry crumble one, it's fantastic

On 9/18/2020 at 9:39 AM, CHIEF said:

These sonuvabitches are off the chain good. Mrs. CHIEF's sister turned us on to them.

https://images.app.goo.gl/o67hKf9nkKhRKXkL8

CHIEF

Got a bag of these last night. Surprisingly good. Almost a really spicy BBQ chip flavor. It builds on you, and you're 10 puffs in before it starts getting really hot. 

hqdefault.jpg