Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

Yesterday, I hit El Rancho for some basics (some fresh produce, some chicken, and several elderly neighbors and my parents needed milk and eggs).

It was busy, but manageable. I even grabbed some milanesa for tonight. They had cartons of 18 eggs, limit 1, so I grabbed it. But no milk. After I left, I remembered Mi Tradicion bakery right around the corner. Went in, grabbed two packs of fresh, hot, amazing flour tortillas...and a gallon of 2% from the fridge behind the counter. Went back to the hood and divied out 6 eggs to wash household, and over a quart of milk to each.

Always hit the ethnic groceries during a disaster, they’ll do you right after the panic-buying gringos have wiped out HEB.

Gonna have milanesa and refrieds tonight...life is bueno.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

HEB on Brodie had a long line this morning so I drove on to Sprouts and got everything I needed (meat, eggs, bread, milk, produce, water). Only thing I couldn’t find was bananas. In and out in 25 minutes. 

Yup, the Sprouts in CP on Cypress Creek is also nearly always well-stocked and devoid of customers.  I have no idea how they stay in business the other 363 days per year, but I'm always thankful for their existence when the panic-buying idiots are descending on HEB like locusts and all I need is a little produce, meat, or milk.

Anyone have a report on Hancock HEB? 

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Went to Central Market yesterday afternoon and it wasn’t any busier than usual. However other than orange juice and the meat counter, they were well stocked. A truck was pulling in as I was leaving so the stock may be close to normal today.

Which Central Market?

Hit Hewitt HEB this morning.  Said their new hours are 9 to 9. Got there at 845 and they were already slanging and banging.

Had pretty much all I needed minus bread.  I was able to get milk and eggs.   Should've brought shoulder pads and helmets. 

They must've had 20 stockers working.

They're so well run

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Here now and the parking lot is like half full and they seem to be fully stocked 

I hit the North Lamar Central Market yesterday at noon and you’d never thought there was a winter storm disruption. All produce, meat, seafood and milk seemed fully stocked. Only difference is that the cafe is closed.

• Hook 'Em 1

Four Points HEB:

Went late afternoon Saturday, and it looked like what I imagine a grocery store in Stalingrad looked like in 1973.  Went early yesterday, and they had a decent amount of produce and meat, but no cheese, no eggs, and the frozen food sections were still pretty bare.  Wife stopped in today and it was not fully stocked, but pretty well-stocked (including eggs and cheese).  They are getting back.

15 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I guess I’ve never noticed the The Dude was slamming Caucasians and searching for his rug 10 years to the date prior to the Twin Towers falling.

6 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Al noticed this long ago. Been waiting for it to be noticed on TOS and now Surly. Al waits no longer. 

Yep.  And it's a post-dated check.

"Uh, Dude, tomorrow's already the 10th."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Hopefully that means they are making progress on the new Nutty Brown in Round Rock.

Did a check on their website and it shows the concert line up through August, no indication if the old or new site though. I did not know Styx and Joan Jett still toured, Nutty going retro.