Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

46 minutes ago, tigol said:

Yes.  I'm buying it peeled so that I can store it in the freezer and know that it isn't some jarred crap soaked in olive oil nor is it a big bulb collection of mold.  I cook with garlic every time I cook.  This isn't difficult. 

image.jpeg.b0c657d3cbdd69ebcd8c18d6df021ab5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HEB deli pepperoni slices, like 3-inch size stacked in clear plastic pack. Damn good, have become a regular snack food.

HEB pepperoni, pizza topping sized, in the soft pouch, not so much. Kinda taste like dog food or something. Pass and get the Hormel or whatever major brand. One of the few HEB made items that are not very good.

• Like 1

HEB deli pepperoni slices, like 3-inch size stacked in clear plastic pack. Damn good, have become a regular snack food.
HEB pepperoni, pizza topping sized, in the soft pouch, not so much. Kinda taste like dog food or something. Pass and get the Hormel or whatever major brand. One of the few HEB made items that are not very good.

Thank you for this. We have been having a hell of time getting our daughter to eat anything. No matter how healthy or unhealthy, she just isn’t interested. She loves these slices. We will take any calories we can get at this point.

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

Thank you for this. We have been having a hell of time getting our daughter to eat anything. No matter how healthy or unhealthy, she just isn’t interested. She loves these slices. We will take any calories we can get at this point.

Awesome! The salami that's usually in the same cooler is really good, too, but according to the label it has considerably more fat, which was a little surprising to me. I like pepperoni better, anyway. Glad your daughter digs them! I just had some myself.

I tried quite a few different brands and varieties of Ranch dressing before I finally started just making it from Hidden Valley dry mix. But I keep a bottle of HEB Three Cheese Ranch handy for those occasions I don't want to mess with it. It's the best bottled option I have found.

000586694-1?id=0P_Sl2&fmt=jpg&dpr=off&fi

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 11:54 PM, DougO said:

I’ve taken back 3-4 of those HEB pizza topping size pepperoni slices because they were either molded on the inside or became moldy after a few days of purchasing them.  I’ll try your deli suggestion next time. 

On 6/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, DougO said:

I tried quite a few different brands and varieties of Ranch dressing before I finally started just making it from Hidden Valley dry mix. But I keep a bottle of HEB Three Cheese Ranch handy for those occasions I don't want to mess with it. It's the best bottled option I have found.

Their peppercorn ranch is what I usually keep around. Also, not HEB brand, but I buy it at HEB.... 

image.png.f0008de888a995423ac04b615c011759.png

Is good for salads I wanna add a little kick to. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, DougO said:

I like the fact that a lot of the HEB/HCF brand salad dressings aren't made with HFCS.

Really enjoying being near a heb again. Couple days ago the wife picked up a pack of carne guisada.  I didn’t fuck up the cooking, and I had amazing tacos for two days.  She thought she was buying me some grilling meat, but I knew what I had. 

ps the butter flavored fresh tortillas are more addictive than oxycodone. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

As someone who likes ice cream cones but doesn’t like the hassle, busting up a few of these in a bowl of ice cream is awesome.  They also make chocolate and coffee flavors.

spacer.png

this seems like a great f'n idea

on my shopping list next time I hit up the Heb.