Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

https://www.click2houston.com/food/h-e-b-launches-beer-wine-delivery-service-across-houston-area

H-E-B launches beer, wine delivery service across Houston area

The company said with a minimum $2 runner tip fee, beer and wine will be delivered free via the Favor app through Labor Day. In the app, customers can tap on the H-E-B Beer & Wine banner, or order online at favordelivery.com. 

H-E-B said in a news release that the service begins Friday across Houston and in 29 other cities across the state.

“The combination of H-E-B and Favor continues to be a win for Texans,” said Jag Bath, Favor CEO and H-E-B chief digital officer. “Delivering almost anything in under an hour is what Favor is built on, and now with H-E-B, we are excited to add the new category of beer and wine delivery to Favor’s on-demand platform.”

H-E-B said Favor will offer the entire H-E-B beer and wine selection at the same prices found in stores with no order minimum. Selections, however, will vary by city. 

Houstonians will get a choice of curated wines and beers or request custom items. Local selections will include craft brewers, like Buffalo Bayou Brewing, No Label Brewing, Lone Pint Brewery and 8th Wonder Brewery, and wines from the Texas Hill Country. 

Beer and wine delivery in Houston and Pearland will be available 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. on Saturday and noon to 11 p.m. on Sunday. 

Beer and wine delivery in Katy, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, and Lake Houston areas will be available 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 10 p.m. on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smax said:

https://www.click2houston.com/food/h-e-b-launches-beer-wine-delivery-service-across-houston-area

H-E-B launches beer, wine delivery service across Houston area

The company said with a minimum $2 runner tip fee, beer and wine will be delivered free via the Favor app through Labor Day. In the app, customers can tap on the H-E-B Beer & Wine banner, or order online at favordelivery.com. 

H-E-B said in a news release that the service begins Friday across Houston and in 29 other cities across the state.

“The combination of H-E-B and Favor continues to be a win for Texans,” said Jag Bath, Favor CEO and H-E-B chief digital officer. “Delivering almost anything in under an hour is what Favor is built on, and now with H-E-B, we are excited to add the new category of beer and wine delivery to Favor’s on-demand platform.”

H-E-B said Favor will offer the entire H-E-B beer and wine selection at the same prices found in stores with no order minimum. Selections, however, will vary by city. 

Houstonians will get a choice of curated wines and beers or request custom items. Local selections will include craft brewers, like Buffalo Bayou Brewing, No Label Brewing, Lone Pint Brewery and 8th Wonder Brewery, and wines from the Texas Hill Country. 

Beer and wine delivery in Houston and Pearland will be available 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. on Saturday and noon to 11 p.m. on Sunday. 

Beer and wine delivery in Katy, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, and Lake Houston areas will be available 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 10 p.m. on Sunday.

My wife sent me this info today.  This could be trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 4:27 PM, DougO said:

I tried the stuffed salmon and it's pretty good, but still too bready for my taste. But I have frequently gotten the garlic pesto salmon, one of my go-to easy healthy dishes.

When I'm working days that garlic pesto salmon is my go to dish.

I shop at the gimp HEB (Burnet/2222).  One thing I've noticed over the past year is that they exclusively play 70s hard rock in the store.  Today, Black Sabbath (Sweet Leaf, Changes), AC/DC (TNT), and The Who (The Seeker) played while I was in there. AC/DC appears to the be the store favorite since it plays nearly every time I'm in there.  Is this an HEB corporate-wide thing or is my HEB making up for it's relative shitiness compared to most other HEBs?

The new two story HEB on Bellaire in Houston was playing jazz for the first couple weeks after it opened. Not bullshit dopey elevator "jazz", but legit, classic hard jazz. Miles Davis and stuff like that. I thought it was fucking amazing but some assholes must've complained or something because last time I was in there it was back to your standard unoffensive pop/rock mix.

That HEB is actually about 10x better than it was before the renovations that happened maybe...6-8 years ago?  But it's still terrible.

For us northerners I went to the HEB on 79 near 35 once before it became a Goodwill...was like walking into another world...that was a rough store.
  • Like 1

The new two story HEB on Bellaire in Houston was playing jazz for the first couple weeks after it opened. Not bullshit dopey elevator "jazz", but legit, classic hard jazz. Miles Davis and stuff like that. I thought it was fucking amazing but some assholes must've complained or something because last time I was in there it was back to your standard unoffensive pop/rock mix.

The one out by me on the Grand Parkway at Harlem plays Jesus music. It’s fucking terrible to shop to. I don’t need to go to church when I go to the store. I’d kill for pop music or Jazz. Instead, i just wear my ipods.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:16 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

if Im walking in the store and they have just baked these.... Im pretty much buying it every time:

Fastest and most effective treatment for diarrhea i have ever experienced.  

On 5/9/2018 at 12:35 PM, irishtexan said:

It also has a faint scent of formaldehyde. 

After sampling probably a dozen sandwich breads, I've settled on Dave's Killer Bread. I'm normally averse to the high-end everyday products, but this shit is damn good.

Image result for dave's killer bread good seed

I'm a fan of the power seed version.  But before starting Keto last week, I was eating Ezekiel bread and found it even better and with lower carbs and healthier (ie lower glycemic).  

On 6/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, mr. sunshine said:

This right here.  I've never been a big bread fan, especially white, but I'll be damned if just a slice of Dave's by itself doesn't make a nice little snack.  I got two loaves last trip and one promptly went missing.  I found the empty wrapper in my son's room, which isn't too bad considering all the other stuff I could have probably discovered in there

But where was the rubber?

i couldn't eat it straight up untoasted, but toast that bread and slather some butter on it and I'm happier than an Okie in a meth lab (or a braums).  

On 6/11/2018 at 6:17 AM, South Austin said:

As do I. But it's particularly challenging at our HEB. 

Not at the HEB off Kuykendal in Spring/The Woodlands.  Especially on a Soccer-mom Saturday, it's Milf Central!  

On 6/11/2018 at 7:13 AM, CooterBrown said:

You gotta like tattoos at the gimp.

There was a mother daughter combo there yesterday that I tagged for a nice executive three way. Probably 40 & 20 respectively.

You tagged them with your price sticker gun?

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You don't need fresh made tortillas anymore.  The raw refrigerated ones are 100x better, and they last a long time.

HEBflourtortillas

Those are good for fajitas but I prefer the fresh made ones for breakfast tacos

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You kidding?

Is that supposed to be common knowledge?  Because I had no idea.  Besides only living in Texas off and on since high school, I may have been out of the loop.  I had no idea, well plus I've never been to a central market, but from the sounds of things I might just go next Saturday for milf-watching.  

46 minutes ago, Shmitty said:

I'm mainly familiar with Brookshire's.  

and that's why there's no HEBs in north texas.  texas grocers divvied up the state back in the 50s or 60s in a series of gentlemens' agreements.  those are still respected.  houston opened up after the weingartens left the grocery biz to focus on their real estate holdings.  

On 7/28/2018 at 10:09 PM, HenryJames said:

You sound poor.

How?  Brookshire's was the only option growing up in Hunt County and up here in Frisco (yep, the most well off part of the state) there are no HEB's go figure.  It's Kroger, overpriced Tom Thumb, etc.  

On 7/28/2018 at 10:14 PM, elfenix said:

and that's why there's no HEBs in north texas.  texas grocers divvied up the state back in the 50s or 60s in a series of gentlemens' agreements.  those are still respected.  houston opened up after the weingartens left the grocery biz to focus on their real estate holdings.  

There is a lot of truth here.  

On 7/29/2018 at 2:21 AM, Shmitty said:

Is that supposed to be common knowledge?  Because I had no idea.  Besides only living in Texas off and on since high school, I may have been out of the loop.  I had no idea, well plus I've never been to a central market, but from the sounds of things I might just go next Saturday for milf-watching.  

Well... it's written prominently on the side of every central market I've been to.

• 2 weeks later...

Not H-E-B, per se, but it is made by the H-E-B folks.  Central Market Hatch Green Chili Queso has the suck. Avoid it. 

Roasting my own hatch chilies and throwing them in a pot of Rotel & Easy Melt worked much better. 

Edited by Dutch