Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

Tried the Special Blend K-Cup coffee. Didn't really care for it.

HEB Donut Shop is my official go-to for straight up coffee, Texas Pecan, San Antonio and Snickernut are the picks for foo foo flavored stuff in K-cups.

Others I've tried, Colombian, Guatemalan, Ethiopian, Kona, just not my wheelhouse.

Ground stuff, I love the Taste Of Hill Country is the best, but for some stupid reason they don't put it in K-Cups. Bavarian Hazelnut is awesome and French Vanilla is too. These should be in K-Cups instead of that shitty Houston blend.

19 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

we keep about every variety they make of these on hand for a quick meal.  my kids love them too.  yes, sometimes i'm too lazy to wait for water to boil and pasta to cook.

001870842-1?id=0m-Rz2&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

They should have a coupon with this for free HEB wieners and call it the elbows and assholes special.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 7:08 PM, Brothahorn said:

HEB Honey Wheat bread is better than Sara Lee. And cheaper, too.

I stays fresh for like 2 weeks also.

HEB doesn't make this stuff, but they sell it.  It makes the best hot wings ever.  You need to dilute it a little bit and add some sesame seeds when they wings are coated.

th?id=OIP.1Pd__rKGA2JnHho98ydGUwHaHa&w=1

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/chung-jung-one-gochujang-korean-chili-sauce/1834284

• Like 1

Houston Blend coffee is good.  The SA blend is pretty good as well.

The spaghetti and meatball prepared meal, about $9.00, was surprisingly good.  Fed 2 people.

Their jalapeno poppers aren't bad either.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:08 PM, Brothahorn said:

HEB Honey Wheat bread is better than Sara Lee. And cheaper, too.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:36 AM, kevwun said:

I stays fresh for like 2 weeks also.

It also has a faint scent of formaldehyde. 

After sampling probably a dozen sandwich breads, I've settled on Dave's Killer Bread. I'm normally averse to the high-end everyday products, but this shit is damn good.

Image result for dave's killer bread good seed

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, South Austin said:

HEB Organics Sriracha Ranch is my new favorite dressing for the salets.

their dressings that are in the same area as the veggies are pretty great across the board (i am a fan of the lemon vinaigrette)

15 hours ago, elfenix said:

The only HCF I get is hotdog buns

I definitely get those.  My niece has a severe milk allergy and she ends up eating with us quite a bit.  The HEB buns are made with milk but HCF are not.

Anybody else tried the HCF brand of pseudo Girl Scout Cookies? I had the chocolate mint and caramel cocoanut ones so far and they taste pretty much the same as the GS ones, with the HCF brand being $1.40 a package. In true HEB fashion they put the cheap stuff on the bottom shelves so. you have to get down low to reach them(not an easy task for all cookie consumers).

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

H-E-B had a $2 off coupon on Central Market small batch ice cream. So I picked up a couple of pints. The Saigon Cinnamon was great but the Lemon Creme with Rosemary Shortbread and Buttermilk might be the best store bought ice cream I’ve ever had. At $5, it’s a luxury but a bargain at the $3 sale price.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 9:32 PM, TonyTexas said:

H-E-B had a $2 off coupon on Central Market small batch ice cream. So I picked up a couple of pints. The Saigon Cinnamon was great but the Lemon Creme with Rosemary Shortbread and Buttermilk might be the best store bought ice cream I’ve ever had. At $5, it’s a luxury but a bargain at the $3 sale price.

i tried the Saigon Cinnamon on your suggestion, it was excellent. going back for the Lemon Creme today.

On 5/5/2018 at 11:28 PM, DougO said:

HEB Copper Kettle shaved Parmesan cheese in the plastic container. It got me addicted. Just by itself.

Been through a few of these since. Once I open on up it's really hard to stop.

Edited by DougO

HEB's freshly squeezed OJ can sometimes taste a bit bitter. 
Picked this up at the Houston Bunker Hill location.  A bit pricey, but OMFG!!  Best stuff I ever tasted!
heb_1.jpg

Orange-pineapple? I am getting the diabeetus just thinking about it
  • Haha 1