Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 4/2/2022 at 8:34 PM, pearlandhorn said:

I do the spicy charro and they never disappoint.

I concur. I dare say they are better than most charro beans you get in restaurants or are made by good cooks. Not much reason to go to all the fuss when you can just grab a can of HEB charro to heat up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Grillo's is the shit, but I can hardly find them anywhere. HEB doesn't carry them. The Sprout's by my house used to, but they've stopped carrying them for some reason. I'm kind of annoyed.

Grillo's Fresh Hot Italian Dill Pickle Spears 32oz

Next is Claussen and then Nathan's Famous. I won't consider any pickles on the shelves. They have to be refrigerated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Does Grillo's make that HEB pickle? It's the same shitty container.

i think the HEB pickles (True Texas) are "house made" somewhere by HEB - just using the same shit container.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Grillo's is the shit, but I can hardly find them anywhere. HEB doesn't carry them. The Sprout's by my house used to, but they've stopped carrying them for some reason. I'm kind of annoyed.

Grillo's Fresh Hot Italian Dill Pickle Spears 32oz

Next is Claussen and then Nathan's Famous. I won't consider any pickles on the shelves. They have to be refrigerated. 

i find them at Central Market and Costco if that helps

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

You know what’s tough? Seeing all this HEB stuff and living in a part of Texas without it. I can go to Burleson or Waxahachie or Weatherford. So far the new ones coming to DFW are all on north side. Mansfield land has been bought for years but no dirt moving.

It’s tough living one town over from Burleson and having to drive 20 mins to the nearest H‑E‑B? 

• Haha 1

It’s actually why I’m not too excited they are starting up by where I live (Allen). I figure it’ll be awhile before the novelty wears off for those who haven’t had H‑E‑B in their lives or enough stores open that they won’t all be shit shows forever. The costcos around here are also never not packed to the max and why I don’t bother shopping there. 

The HEB closest to my house (hancock) has been out of  the Carolina Reaper cheese puffs for a couple of weeks now, so I opted for the cheese crunchy option (think cheetos) for a fix. Not terrible, but nowhere near the perfection that the puffs are. I give the puffs a 10 out of 10, these get like a 7. 

image.png.0b19fd47b68e7fc196e5f9cb12868c82.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The HEB closest to my house (hancock) has been out of  the Carolina Reaper cheese puffs for a couple of weeks now, so I opted for the cheese crunchy option (think cheetos) for a fix. Not terrible, but nowhere near the perfection that the puffs are. I give the puffs a 10 out of 10, these get like a 7. 

image.png.0b19fd47b68e7fc196e5f9cb12868c82.png

Trying the this thin chip for the same reason. 

Its “Ghost Pepper Ranch”

Edited by ChickenSandwich

On 4/4/2022 at 1:51 PM, Covri said:

It’s actually why I’m not too excited they are starting up by where I live (Allen). I figure it’ll be awhile before the novelty wears off for those who haven’t had H‑E‑B in their lives or enough stores open that they won’t all be shit shows forever. The costcos around here are also never not packed to the max and why I don’t bother shopping there. 

After living in this nonHEB desert for 19 years I have my ninja swords sharp and shiny and will cut any motherfucker who gets in my way. 

I figure it’ll be awhile before the novelty wears off for those who haven’t had H‑E‑B in their lives or enough stores open that they won’t all be shit shows forever. 

The novelty will not wear off. They WILL be shit-shows forever. 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...