Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

7 hours ago, TheUofTexas said:

I was bored this weekend and made a list of the recs from this thread. Most of them were out of stock emoji17.png

Also, they were out of potatoes this morning. What the hell

Out of sweet potatoes at my local HEB last Thursday. Sweet potatoes man! And it's not even the holidays!

Apparently per the no pics wife, she is down in temple/belton at the in laws and they stopped making the corn tortillas today at heb. THEY STOPPED MAKING THE CORN TORTILLAS TODAY AT HEB.

Dafuq am I going to do now for my two egg taco for breakfast? Flour tortillas? Hell no.

Now this shit is officially out of control.

Apparently per the no pics wife, she is down in temple/belton at the in laws and they stopped making the corn tortillas today at heb. THEY STOPPED MAKING THE CORN TORTILLAS TODAY AT HEB.

Dafuq am I going to do now for my two egg taco for breakfast? Flour tortillas? Hell no.

Now this shit is officially out of control.

b0b7c053762249f8c03cd6c6bb53054d.jpg

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hancock HEB was out of weird shit today.  Aside from the nonsense hoarders taking out the TP and soap.  Tilex.  Coffee filters.  Why?

I think they are prioritizing certain things in their shipments.  Toilet paper and bottle water take up a ton of space in a trailer compared to something like coffee filters.  

Unless idiots are using coffee filters as ghetto rigged facemasks.  

7 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think they are prioritizing certain things in their shipments.  Toilet paper and bottle water take up a ton of space in a trailer compared to something like coffee filters.  

Unless idiots are using coffee filters as ghetto rigged facemasks.  

Seriously.   I guess I didn't notice because I use a Keurig.    HEB does have plenty of Texas Pecan available.

8 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think they are prioritizing certain things in their shipments. 

Yep.  Over the next week, anything like a kiwi will be gone from the produce department. There will be 2-3 varieties of apples instead of 10.  Think of the shit that was there in the 70s. That'll be your selection.

45 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep.  Over the next week, anything like a kiwi will be gone from the produce department. There will be 2-3 varieties of apples instead of 10.  Think of the shit that was there in the 70s. That'll be your selection.

That said, there was a ton of produce.  People aren't buying perishable stuff, so get the goods before they go bad.

Typically I decide what I want to cook for dinner for the week and go buy all the stuff. It's been kinda fun going to the store to see what they have and working around that.

Brodie/Bill Cannon HEB had a ton of cuts of beef but no pork or chicken. I got a package of the pre-seasoned Mi Tienda steak tacos. Never had those before. Also bought a tri tip that I'm gonna grill over offset wood tonight. Got some tuna steaks and made a spinach/beet/goat cheese salad last night. They have stuff. Just not the stuff you may normally buy. 

Seafood guy says you have to show up at 11:15-11:30am to get ground beef, as that's when they put it out and it's gone in an hour and a half. 

Also, a pox on anyone hoarding basic shit like chicken or pork chops or eggs or cheddar cheese. This is like when everyone thought we were gonna run out of gas after the Galveston hurricane and all the gas stations were dry for a week and a half. 

I’m off of HEB until things cool down. Extreme brand loyalty + hoarding = shortages of basic stuff like ground meat and eggs. 

I went to a nice Kroger near my office in Houston and found plenty of ground beef, eggs, and coffee. Plenty of produce. They had everything except Lysol. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m off of HEB until things cool down. Extreme brand loyalty + hoarding = shortages of basic stuff like ground meat and eggs. 

I went to a nice Kroger near my office in Houston and found plenty of ground beef, eggs, and coffee. Plenty of produce. They had everything except Lysol. 

I'm leaning this way too.  Plus Kroger opens an hour earlier.

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

i've considered checking out the local kroger. HEB was out of A LOT of shit when I went earlier this week. All these fucking hoarders buying more shit than they would regularly need is really starting to piss me off.

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

i've considered checking out the local kroger. HEB was out of A LOT of shit when I went earlier this week. All these fucking hoarders buying more shit than they would regularly need is really starting to piss me off.

My local Kroger was once a gold mine. No pharmacy (still) and they didn't sell beer. I could get whatever I needed before and after Harvey with no lines. The dry zone laws changed a few years back, and now they sell beer and wine. Of course they're running out of everything now. It's amazing how beer sales drive things. 

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

same, no more heb until this blows over

truth though heb w alabama full of hotties in yoga pants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ghetto krogers, chance i get car jacked 

My local Kroger was once a gold mine. No pharmacy (still) and they didn't sell beer. I could get whatever I needed before and after Harvey with no lines. The dry zone laws changed a few years back, and now they sell beer and wine. Of course they're running out of everything now. It's amazing how beer sales drive things. 
Very subtle

Bread seems to be an issue.  Tomatoes have been impossible to find in The Woodlands.  This based on one visit each mid last week to HEB and Whole Paycheck.  I put in two tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets on my back porch as a result.  I'll wait 10-15 days more before I mess with the stores  again.  I'm single and well stocked.  I appreciate the tip about ground beef around ~11:00 AM at HEB.  i think everything is going to worsen this coming week - Covid19 virus up, markets down, societal pain/anxieties up, panic buyin/hoarding up.  This kind of resembles the prologue  of The Road Warrior, the second Mad Max movie, they talk about how the "leaders" talked and talked, without action, while things melted down.

Edited by Heisenberg

On 3/22/2020 at 9:59 PM, tx 3 putt said:

same, no more heb until this blows over

truth though heb w alabama full of hotties in yoga pants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ghetto krogers, chance i get car jacked 

Disco Kroger has been stocked without much traffic the past week

22 hours ago, deft said:

Que paso ese
That’s my store

Orale!

I made a short move across Braun 2 years ago and stopped going to the big one.  I love the Guilbeau store for the convenience of parking up front and getting out fast.  My sister is still a super HEB snob.  I'll hit it when I need something a little more "fancy".  Still cant get eggs at ours though.