Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 7/31/2021 at 7:11 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I am in Florida at the moment and had my first experience at a Publix. While it’s a nice grocery store, it is nowhere in the ballpark of HEB. Not sure if it was this thread or another thread that someone tried to float the idea that they were equals. Wrong.

I live 2ish miles away from the Albertsons Headquarters and their prized Market Street next to the Boise St stadium and its not in the ballpark of HEB. 

I looked for those this afternoon at my HEB but no dice. I did see these though. I'm usually a flamin' hot cheetos guy but these are really good. Not too hot unless you eat a quarter of the bag as the heat builds

dPt4Xz1.jpeg

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Wednesday marks the grand opening of Austin’s newest H-E-B store in the Oak Hill neighborhood in southwest Austin.

A ribbon-cutting ceremony, complete with entertainment and Ophie Garcia — H-E-B’s longest-tenured employee — is at 8 a.m. Wednesday outside the new store at 7901 W. U.S. Highway 290. This store will replace the old H-E-B on 7010 State Highway 71.

The new store is next to the Ascension Seton Southwest hospital on FM 1826 and the Oak Hill United Methodist Church. It is 90,000 square feet on a 30-acre plot owned by H-E-B.

Have these been discussed? Surprisingly good for when you need something quick. We just had a baby so stuff like this has been clutch. Normally like to oven heat stuff like this but the crisp sleeve works pretty well for microwave. Also sold in chorizo, brisket, or potato egg and cheese apparently, but I’ve never had them. 325 cal per 2 flautas which was also surprising to me. 
image.thumb.jpeg.46bd1db89bc763667215a2593e905919.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5540c02dc349724b5ae9e2854b5fe6cb.jpeg

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 8/22/2021 at 7:20 PM, Hmbre97 said:

I looked for those this afternoon at my HEB but no dice. I did see these though. I'm usually a flamin' hot cheetos guy but these are really good. Not too hot unless you eat a quarter of the bag as the heat builds

dPt4Xz1.jpeg

they have a reaper cheese in the pre-sliced cheeses that is actually quite hot.

nice on a sandwich - but you can feel the heat immediately upon taking the first bite of the sandwich. it's actually nice.

19 hours ago, Deej said:

New Creamy Creations flavor. Raise the flag!

download (44).jpeg

Not HEB related but I had to go to Summit Racing up in Arlington a few weeks ago and to my surprise, there was a Panchos Buffet close by. I hadn't eaten at Panchos in probably 20 years and it was like stepping into a time machine. The food was exactly as I remember it and brought back a lot of fun memories of going there as a kid. Those sopapillas just hit different.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Wednesday marks the grand opening of Austin’s newest H-E-B store in the Oak Hill neighborhood in southwest Austin.

A ribbon-cutting ceremony, complete with entertainment and Ophie Garcia — H-E-B’s longest-tenured employee — is at 8 a.m. Wednesday outside the new store at 7901 W. U.S. Highway 290. This store will replace the old H-E-B on 7010 State Highway 71.

The new store is next to the Ascension Seton Southwest hospital on FM 1826 and the Oak Hill United Methodist Church. It is 90,000 square feet on a 30-acre plot owned by H-E-B.

This hits close to home.  Do we know why this store will kick ass other than be BIG! ?  I drive past it all the time but haven't looked closely other than I thought I saw BBQ.

23 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Not HEB related but I had to go to Summit Racing up in Arlington a few weeks ago and to my surprise, there was a Panchos Buffet close by. I hadn't eaten at Panchos in probably 20 years and it was like stepping into a time machine. The food was exactly as I remember it and brought back a lot of fun memories of going there as a kid. Those sopapillas just hit different.

Was your diarrhea exactly as you remember?

• 2 weeks later...

Where have all of the red baskets gone? Went to the 183/620 HEB on Friday and there were no red baskets available at the front door and nobody in the store had any, it was all push carts. So I asked an employee what happened and she said "they all walked off and they are waiting on more". Then this afternoon I had to stop by the Mopac/Parmer store for a few things and guess what? No red baskets. So again I ask an employee what happened and his reply was that they all walked away. I don't believe it. What in the hell is going on?

Where have all of the red baskets gone? Went to the 183/620 HEB on Friday and there were no red baskets available at the front door and nobody in the store had any, it was all push carts. So I asked an employee what happened and she said "they all walked off and they are waiting on more". Then this afternoon I had to stop by the Mopac/Parmer store for a few things and guess what? No red baskets. So again I ask an employee what happened and his reply was that they all walked away. I don't believe it. What in the hell is going on?

It’s the dismal tide. The dismal red tide. A crimson wave, if you will.

47 minutes ago, TPCJ007 said:

thats the hill you want to die on ?

On 11/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, TPCJ007 said:

The small hand carry baskets disappeared from my Walmart several years ago I assumed that they thought you would buy more if you had the big push carts instead of the small baskets

On 11/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, WBT said:

My HEB has new small pushcarts.  The old ones had an upper deck and a lower deck but the new ones are just shorter and narrower versions of a regular one.  I liked the old ones better where you didn't have to bend over as much.

Wow, I hope they get this style at the circle c heb then

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They still have the hand baskets at my HEB, and the cool mini-carts for when I need them. Fuck Wal Mart for only having giant carts, so stupid. 

Now when I have to go to Wal Mart for some smalls I just go straight for the aisle that has that 5-gallon buckets and use them as a basket. Hell, I always need project buckets anyway, and they come in different colors. Every time I buy one of the little re-useable shopping bags I never end up using them.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, TPCJ007 said:

Motherfucker, at least you still have the push carts. Hancock HEB is Armageddon!  No hand baskets, no push carts. Literally nothing. You walk in, realize what is going on, and have to go out to the parking lot to find anything, and that’s if you’re lucky. People were stopping people coming out that had just checked out and asking to take over their carts. I don’t fucking understand it, but it’s been that way the last 3 times I’ve gone. All at different times. They need to get their shit together. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Motherfucker, at least you still have the push carts. Hancock HEB is Armageddon!  No hand baskets, no push carts. Literally nothing. You walk in, realize what is going on, and have to go out to the parking lot to find anything, and that’s if you’re lucky. People were stopping people coming out that had just checked out and asking to take over their carts. I don’t fucking understand it, but it’s been that way the last 3 times I’ve gone. All at different times. They need to get their shit together. 

Don’t get him started on the anal rape scenes on the bread isle.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah Hancock is my home court, and I just expect to have to venture into the self checkout area to find a hand basket. If I'm grabbing enough shit that I need one of those smaller carts, I just grab one on the way in. Probably o-for my last 10 finding one where they should be.