Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

So not HEB brand, but I bought this queso at HEB over the weekend and it was pretty damn good.  Throw in some seasoned ground beef and diced japs (peppers, not orientals).

agreed.  very solid fridge queso that keeps for a long time, not that it'll last

6 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am still upset about HEB discontinuing Adam’s Best Pecan Pie Ice Cream. To the point where I told them they are idiots for doing so. They politely told me they would pass my message along.

At least they could stock Adam's Not Too Bad, Pretty Good, Even If It's Not His Best Pecan Pie Ice Cream.

I’m pissed because my  because the closest  Heb  to me stopped carrying the Central Market Saigon Cinnamon ice cream.    I’d have to go to the Plus store 30 mins away to get my fix.     

BUT it looks like HEB is finally getting their crap together and starting to utility work on a new store that is less than 5 mins from me.   It’s not going to be a Plus store, but it will have all the other stuff the  Plus stores offer as far as food items which include all the Central Market stuff, Meals ready to go,  expanded deli, meat counters, sushi, freshly made Italian style pizzas (which are badass btw), etc.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I’m pissed because my  because the closest  Heb  to me stopped carrying the Central Market Saigon Cinnamon ice cream.    I’d have to go to the Plus store 30 mins away to get my fix.     

BUT it looks like HEB is finally getting their crap together and starting to utility work on a new store that is less than 5 mins from me.   It’s not going to be a Plus store, but it will have all the other stuff the  Plus stores offer as far as food items which include all the Central Market stuff, Meals ready to go,  expanded deli, meat counters, sushi, freshly made Italian style pizzas (which are badass btw), etc.  

The Italian style pizzas are bad ass, if I’m thinking about what you’re thinking about. Really like the sundried tomato and basil pizza. The cheese is the large round slices that melts kind of in a glob, and the crust is way better than any of the other fresh pizza they make. A solid choice when I’m too lazy to make my own dough. 

• Like 1

The Italian style pizzas are bad ass, if I’m thinking about what you’re thinking about. Really like the sundried tomato and basil pizza. The cheese is the large round slices that melts kind of in a glob, and the crust is way better than any of the other fresh pizza they make. A solid choice when I’m too lazy to make my own dough. 

Yep. Nine minutes in the oven and done. Beats waiting for delivery or frozen pizza!

16 hours ago, DougO said:

HEB has the best birds of any grocery chain. Spotted a bunch of Western Kingbirds, a couple of scissortails, nighhawks and this mockingbird the other night, among others.

heb_mockingbird

State bird, state grocery.  Nice shot.

• Like 1

I used to get that Nighthawk dinner with an actual hunk of steak, not ground, and a potato triangle, and that butter based steak sauce that was pretty awesome. I never could figure out what was in it besides the butter.