~95K noncitizens registered to vote, ~58k voted in the last Texas election

Thetexashammer

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/do-illegal-votes-decide-elections
A postelection survey conducted by Americas Majority Foundation found that 2.1% of noncitizens voted in the Nov. 8 election. In the battleground states of Michigan and Ohio, 2.5% and 2.1%, respectively, of noncitizens reported voting. In 2013, pollster McLaughlin & Associates conducted an extensive survey of Hispanics on immigration issues. Its voter-profile tabulation shows that 13% of noncitizens said they were registered to vote. That matches closely the Old Dominion/George Mason study, in which 15.6% of noncitizens said they were registered.
13% of noncitizens ACTUALLY ADMIT TO VOTING!!! No evidence though. None. Not even a scintilla.

Are you even capable of commenting on an article without totally changing the meaning of the quote?

Negged again, for lying. The San Diego post was also made up numbers, but no worries. Math is hard.

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

There is no data do determine the proportions.

Seriously though.  Report back when you have actual data or reasoning that supports any of your claims.  Until then this just sounds like one of the many many reforms republicans come up with that just *happen* to reduce minority votes.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NowThis said:

what percentage had become citizens when voting?

No idea. Secretary of State doesn't seem to know, either: Sam Taylor, spokesman for the Texas secretary of state's office, said they were "very confident" the citizenship data obtained by the Texas Department of Public Safety was current. 

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Just say what it actually says.  Not everyone here is to propagandize.  Some want to actually learn.  2.1% vote.  13% registered to vote.  

What's also important is that this poll was conducted by The McLaughlin Polling group, of "McLaughlin Report"  fame. It's the worst poll in history.   It's most famous for its roll in one of the biggest upsets of all-time, when House Majority Leader Eric Cantor lost to college professor Dave Brat.  Two weeks before the election, the McLaughlin poll had Cantor up by 34 points.  Brat won by 12 points. 

• Like 1

Texas quietly informs counties that some of the 95,000 voters flagged for citizenship review don't belong on the list

Officials in five large counties — Harris, Travis, Fort Bend, Collin and Williamson — told The Texas Tribune they had received calls on Tuesday from the secretary of state’s office indicating that some of the some of the voters whose citizenship status the state said counties should consider checking should not actually be on those lists.

God what a disaster the GOP is. I think Kris Kobach might be running our Secretary of State's office. At least the SoS picked a perfect time to fuck up - while the legislature is in session. Idiots.

And yet, all the special needs kids like TexasHammer and RealDonaldTrump just ran with the shit.

Edited by relapse98

19 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Texas quietly informs counties that some of the 95,000 voters flagged for citizenship review don't belong on the list

God what a disaster the GOP is. I think Kris Kobach might be running our Secretary of State's office. At least the SoS picked a perfect time to fuck up - while the legislature is in session. Idiots.

And yet, all the special needs kids like TexasHammer and RealDonaldTrump just ran with the shit.

Some good has come from this turboabortion of a thread.  I'm now a supporter of the Texas Tribune.

• Like 6

What I like about Texas putting out these sorts of numbers is that the folks putting them out KNOW they are a gross exaggeration.  They know it, they want to dissiminate misinformation, and it's now the standard Republican playbook. 

You know how you know it's bullshit? The folks putting out the numbers will not let you know how they put the numbers together.  Now this is not to say that somewhere out there some folks in Texas voted illegally.  They very well may have, but the false number is the one that hammer jumped on, and it's a purposefully inflated and unsubstatiated number.

In the end this will be shown to be bullshit, but the uneducated rural base of the GOP will remember the number and not much else. I think the NEED to lie about shit says a LOT about the Republican party's lack of ideas, and a shit ton about the general lack of character of many of those currently elected with and R behind the name.  

Edited by horn4life

In doing research, our SoS, who has been on the job about 45 days, was appointed by hot wheels (that's a no shit, obviously).

"Previously, Secretary Whitley served as Deputy Chief of Staff and Appointments Director for Governor Abbott. He began working for then-Attorney General Abbott in 2004, serving in various roles including Assistant Deputy Attorney General. "

So he's worked for hot wheels for 15 years now. I'm going to guess the order for this came from hot wheels himself, I would imagine that Paxton isn't very well liked up there and is pretty much ignored so I don't think he had them do it.

Edit: if I see my friend on the inside Thursday I'll ask him what's up with this.

Edited by relapse98
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What I like about Texas putting out these sorts of numbers is that the folks putting them out KNOW they are a gross exaggeration.  They know it, they want to dissiminate misinformation, and it's now the standard Republican playbook. 

You know how you know it's bullshit? The folks putting out the numbers will not let you know how they put the numbers together.  Now this is not to say that somewhere out there some folks in Texas voted illegally.  They very well may have, but the false number is the one that hammer jumped on, and it's a purposefully inflated and unsubstatiated number.

In the end this will be shown to be bullshit, but the uneducated rural base of the GOP will remember the number and not much else. I think the NEED to lie about shit says a LOT about the Republican party's lack of ideas, and a shit ton about the general lack of character of many of those currently elected with and R behind the name.  

The other layer to this is that as soon as the numbers came out, the Tribune ran stories that began with "You may hear claims that 98,000 people voted illegally, but here's what the study is really saying . . ."  This also amused me, because not only were false narratives around the numbers pushed, but it is so expected that false narratives will come out that news organizations have gotten to where they don't even wait for the lies to start before addressing them.  

6 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Hey everybody! TJ is back!

WPPC.gif

Must be a GOP propagandist shift change. We welcome your insight for the next couple days until you show your ass again. 

Rinse, repeat

Better watch out or he’s gonna report you to the mods and start a thread about you. 

Its just what he does. 

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I might welcome that. Didn't that give him a time out last time?

Tjhooker threw a late nite drunken fit about a brisket post about him, reported Brisket to the mods, and started a bitch ass call out thread which devolved into the greatest/worst thread in surly history. I’m sure its still around but finally fizzled out. Brisket was given a day or so time out as I recall for allegedly threatening  Tj’s family or some such horse shit. 

Edited by JimmyJames

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Tjhooker threw a late nite drunken fit about a brisket post about him, reported Brisket to the mods, and started a bitch ass call out thread which devolved into the greatest/worst thread in surly history. I’m sure its still around but finally fizzled out. Brisket was given a day or so time out as I recall for allegedly threatening  Tj’s family or some such horse shit. 

nah, brisket said, in a fit of pique, that he hoped it was tjhooker's children gunned down in the next mass shooting, because hooker was not that sympathetic about the situation, if i recall correctly. it was out of line, and he apologized, and we should be able to put it all behind us.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh no, I remember. I'm in that thread calling tj out on his stupidity. I thought that was the beginning of him getting temp banned. 

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's easier to process all this bullshit when you come to the conclusion that the GOP is actively conspiring against the United States. 

Yep. We are watching in real time a party completely corrupt destroy itself. Racist, foreign money backed, and ammoral as hell, see e.g. Stone and Manafort and their black dude banging wife tendencies and supporters of Nixon tattoos. They’ve even got the immoral televangelists at their backs, explaining away everything like its God’s plan. Just a complete shit show that needs to be destroyed. 

At this point its either a choice between supporting Republicans/Apardtheid or supporting America.

Damn shame really. Fuck them. 

God damned our new Secretary of State is incompetent.

And yet, even after the Texas Tribune dropped their original update, and it was discussed on the Tribcast live taping yesterday, not a peep from the SoS, the felon (indicted) AG, hot wheels, potato head at 1600 Pennsylvania. So weird that they jumped on it initially and now crickets.

Let's check the SoS website , nope nothing.

Maybe he put it on their facebook page  that so proudly called out the original 95,000? Nope.

Come on David Whitley. We know you're a partisan hack, but at least have some dignity and provide an update.

As your undergrad and law school says... take the loss, pussy.

6552a1fc-8882-4e45-8391-2fbaaa8e68c2-Dav

(I'll be nice and not note that this chucklehead has never worked outside of government. He has been employed by the state since getting his J.D. The only boss he has ever been paid by is hot wheels)

Edited by relapse98
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

God damned our new Secretary of State is incompetent.

And yet, even after the Texas Tribune dropped their original update, and it was discussed on the Tribcast live taping yesterday, not a peep from the SoS, the felon (indicted) AG, hot wheels, potato head at 1600 Pennsylvania. So weird that they jumped on it initially and now crickets.

Let's check the SoS website , nope nothing.

Maybe he put it on their facebook page  that so proudly called out the original 95,000? Nope.

Come on David Whitley. We know you're a partisan hack, but at least have some dignity and provide an update.

As your undergrad and law school says... take the loss, pussy.

6552a1fc-8882-4e45-8391-2fbaaa8e68c2-Dav

(I'll be nice and not note that this chucklehead has never worked outside of government. He has been employed by the state since getting his J.D. The only boss he has ever been paid by is hot wheels)

Why do all these shit heads look like they got pulled out of the birth canal with a pair of forceps?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Hammer won't be back on this thread.  But if he did come back, my expectation is his take would be equivocating nonsense.

Something...something....the real places in Texas allowing noncitizens to vote is Austin/San Antonio/Dallas/El Paso/Houston.  Not poor McLennan County, honest mistake.

• Like 1

Hot Wheels is trying to soften just how bad his long time employee, David Whitley, fucked up on this.

“This is what you would categorize as a process, a work [in progress]," Abbott said. "They’ll get it right, but I do want to be emphatic: It is essential that the secretary of state, [the Department of Public Safety], counties, anybody with any authority over this whatsoever work collaboratively and swiftly together to make sure our voter rolls are accurate, to ensure integrity in the election process.”

But why didn't they talk to some of the larger counties and get their input before going full steam into the press release?

Also, from hot wheels' tweeter last week:

Reacting to Whitley's announcement Friday, Abbott thanked him for "uncovering and investigating this illegal vote registration," promising legislation to address it.

I kinda wonder about that. What made Whitley do this? He's only ever worked for hot wheels, so I'm assuming the mandate came down from the man in the chair. There's no way this guy thought of it himself after being in office less than 45 days. 'Self, you know I should evaluate the voter rolls and throw some preliminary shit out there to get everyone riled up before I talk to the actual boots on the ground and maybe clean the list up a bit first'. I don't buy this kid doing that. He was told to do this.

And as I've repeated for weeks - Goeb done fucked up and probably lost Selinger's vote to move some legislation forward. So you have to find at least 1 Democrat to move this promised legislation forward for a vote in the Senate. Good luck on that one.

Edited by relapse98

In PA, a State rep (it could be a Senator, if so, I'm a huge liar and all this isn't true) had to sue to disclose noncitizens voting.

http://www.repmetcalfe.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=274620

1/29/2019
HARRISBURG – Former and current Pennsylvania House State Government Committee Chairmen Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) and Garth Everett (R-Lycoming/Union) today offered summary information with regard to the resolution of the Pennsylvania Department of State v. Metcalfe, non-citizen voter appeal in Commonwealth Court. 

“Approximately 11,198 illegally registered to vote foreign nationals were confirmed when the Pennsylvania Department of State and the Wolf administration finally decided to withdraw its obstructive appeal against disclosing this information in December 2018,” said Metcalfe. “However, since Pennsylvania’s most progressive and least transparent governor lacks the desire to take any substantive action to get non-citizens off our voting rolls, even a figure as significant as 11,198 is far from full disclosure.” 

On Feb. 28, 2018, Metcalfe’s Right-to-Know appeal requesting the number of foreign nationals illegally registered to vote in Pennsylvania was partially granted by the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records. As a result, Wolf and his Department of State (DOS) were given 30 days to release all communications between then-Secretary of State Pedro Cortez and his staff regarding voter registration and/or voting records by non-citizen foreign nationals. 

On the 30th and final day to comply, the Wolf administration appealed the Office of Open Records’ ruling in favor of voter transparency and election integrity to the Commonwealth Court. The Commonwealth Court was tentatively scheduled to hear Wolf’s appeal on Dec. 10, 2018, well over a month after this year’s mid-term elections. 

• Fuck You 18

13 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

In PA, a State rep (it could be a Senator, if so, I'm a huge liar and all this isn't true) had to sue to disclose noncitizens voting.

This is very much neg worthy.  We have to deal with the president saying one lie and just ignoring when it was pointed out to be a lie because he’s the president.  We don’t have to put up with it from you. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

What does your family think about the head of their household being a sniveling coward and liar? How do you explain that to your children?