Txtag website and customer service

XYZ

This has to be THE worst website and customer service in the history of the world. I try to log in, and after putting my account number and password, I get redirected to a page that asks me to select a security question and answer. No matter what I choose, when I submit the form I get an error message that doesn't explain anything, something along the lines of "An error has occurred while trying to select a security question. Please try again.". I send a message to customer service via their "contact us" form, and several days later I get the following response: "At this time, we are please asking you to please resubmit the error you are receiving so we may better assist you.". So basically it's a "fuck you" with lots of pleases. And when I try to respond to that email, their email server bounces it. Then, I do the online chat customer service thing, and this is the response: "Several of our customers have reported they have not been able to access all the features our website provides. We are in the process of correcting the issue. Please try accessing your account again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.". So we don't know what the fuck we are doing, thank you very much. Holy shit, these people.

• Like 1

They finally fixed it, but the website used to show the entire CC # you used to pay with last time, autofilled into the payment box, and all you had to do to access your account was your license plate #, no password. So basically someone could just take my plate # and go get my full CC # without any security blocks. I'm willing to bet they received thousands of complaints about this but it took nearly a year for them to fix. 

I had a dealer sell me a car, reuse the paper plates on another car, which driver of said other car decided to violate tolls.  They chased me to pay for it.  Despite the car not matching the picture of the offense at all.  Or on the TX registrar. And despite every effort to fix it, and their assurances after the last event that it was, I have been turned into a collection agency for failure to pay.

They are an absolute joke.

• Like 1

I had a dealer sell me a car, reuse the paper plates on another car, which driver of said other car decided to violate tolls.  They chased me to pay for it.  Despite the car not matching the picture of the offense at all.  Or on the TX registrar. And despite every effort to fix it, and their assurances after the last event that it was, I have been turned into a collection agency for failure to pay.

Similar thing happened to me - someone stole my license plates

Despite a police report, letter from dmv, their own pictures of a different car it was hell to get them to correct it

They truly suck

The website and billing has been a clownshow forever. And now SH130 is all bumpy and under construction so I can't even fully enjoy the 85 MPH speed limit I'm paying for.

On the other hand, huge props to the TxTag roadside assistance guy who helped me out when I had a blowout.

(Not quite as many props to whoever is supposed to clean the debris off the road which caused said blowout.)

They have no reason to offer competent customer service.

Fucking this. I just got a “third notice” that was my first notice, on my wife’s car that has a TxTag - that conveniently had other toll charges posted to my account the same got damn day. After a couple hours and multiple failed attempts to speak to someone, I just paid ~$70 because A) my time is more valuable than that, and B) another “late” charge was about to be added. They have zero incentive to give good customer service...at least until they piss everyone off so much that we stop approving these got damn things being built

They are the fucking worst. We've had TxTags since the toll roads opened and I still get bills in the mail ALL THE TIME with reminders about how much I'd have saved if I had a TxTag. One time a couple of years ago I called them and after a very long time, asking to speak to everyone I could get on the phone, they took off the extra 10% or whatever they charge for not having a tag. I channeled Dr. Daly from comm studies and just kept repeating "It is not my fault your technology didn't work. Yes, it is installed correctly. It is not my fault your technology didn't work. Yes, it is installed correctly." Ad nauseum.

Was it worth it to save 10% on a toll bill? Probably not, but it felt good to finally win one with them. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, Facemask said:

And you liberals want to hand over all to Govt..psst.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

While I fully and I mean FULLY agree with this sentiment, these toll roads are semi-private.  That is, TxDot doesn't own them, two private companies  (feriners, no less!) own them.  Both of them are so shitty that they went to junk bond status in 2013 and have been the target of numerous investigations and a call by the U.S. Senate to investigate their shitty operations and bleeding cash, resulting in taxpayers having to bail them out, see;

https://www.kxan.com/news/investigations/ftc-may-investigate-txdot-s-toll-contractor-amid-problems-nationwide/1334732695

However, TxDOT does what government does worst best, strike absolutely fucking shitty deals with private contractors.  Remember MoPac?  Yeah, I thought so.

The only thing worse than something being a "government operation" is a "government operation" contracting private enterprise.  It's guaranteed to be a huge cluster fuck because as a rule government employees are way stupider and more ignorant than private ones, and I oughta know, I audited this shit for the State for 5 years, and guarantee you your fucking 5 year old could have negotiated a better set of terms and made more money for his lemonade stand than these idiots get from public-private "partnerships."

This is why government is essentially stupid as fuck when they try to do things they know nothing about.  And it's worse when the private guys don't either, as in this case.  Voila!  Instant idiocy with our toll system!

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

While I fully and I mean FULLY agree with this sentiment, these toll roads are semi-private.  That is, TxDot doesn't own them, two private companies  (feriners, no less!) own them.  Both of them are so shitty that they went to junk bond status in 2013 and have been the target of numerous investigations and a call by the U.S. Senate to investigate their shitty operations and bleeding cash, resulting in taxpayers having to bail them out, see;

https://www.kxan.com/news/investigations/ftc-may-investigate-txdot-s-toll-contractor-amid-problems-nationwide/1334732695

However, TxDOT does what government does worst best, strike absolutely fucking shitty deals with private contractors.  Remember MoPac?  Yeah, I thought so.

The only thing worse than something being a "government operation" is a "government operation" contracting private enterprise.  It's guaranteed to be a huge cluster fuck because as a rule government employees are way stupider and more ignorant than private ones, and I oughta know, I audited this shit for the State for 5 years, and guarantee you your fucking 5 year old could have negotiated a better set of terms and made more money for his lemonade stand than these idiots get from public-private "partnerships."

This is why government is essentially stupid as fuck when they try to do things they know nothing about.  And it's worse when the private guys don't either, as in this case.  Voila!  Instant idiocy with our toll system!

Your post is incomplete. You left out key terms such as “bribe”, “kickback”, “hush money”, and “made out with millions of taxpayers dollars”

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

How fucking retarded do you have to be to get a job at TXTag?  Evidently that's the only requirement.

I've been arguing a charge since last July.  Every month I have to call back because it pops back up even after they dismiss it.  One month I just said fuck it and paid it, it still popped back up.  Today I escalated the call to an upper manager who was only half retarded.  For all the good this did, I made them swear on the phone that "my balance was $0.00 as of right now".  I'm sure next month the charge will reappear.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

How fucking retarded do you have to be to get a job at TXTag?  Evidently that's the only requirement.

I've been arguing a charge since last July.  Every month I have to call back because it pops back up even after they dismiss it.  One month I just said fuck it and paid it, it still popped back up.  Today I escalated the call to an upper manager who was only half retarded.  For all the good this did, I made them swear on the phone that "my balance was $0.00 as of right now".  I'm sure next month the charge will reappear.

I've been dealing with recurrent charges in Dallas for my car since March. My car has never been to Dallas. I disputed it back March and was told 2 weeks to resolution. And, I called North Texas Toll Authority (the one actually causing the charges) and they immediately confirmed it was a misread of a Mississippi plate. The call took 5 minutes. But, my dispute has to be processed via Txtag who then has to call NTTA to actually resolve the charges. So, here I am, 2 months later, and TxTag can't be bothered to actually make the 5 minute call to confirm what I already know. In the meantime, the person in Dallas has racked up over $150 in toll charges. I finally turned off autopay and now I'm getting mailed bills with penalties and threats to send to collections. I've submitted 3 different complaints through the online inquiry system, all with the same stock response of wait 2 weeks. The dispute is then closed with no resolution and when I call, the numbnuts on the phone says it has been closed and I'll have to file again. Fuck them. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I've been avoiding using a toll road because the billing sucks so bad!  From the last point in time I had a $0.00 balance, I have not driven on their road, today I get a $5.15 bill.  No travel on the bill, late fee for not paying my $0.00 balance plus the mailing fee!  Isn't that extortion?  Goddamn these people!

On 1/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, Bert Orange said:

None of this is by accident you know.

Toll companies are shakedown crews, nothing more, nothing less.

Huge racket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

Damn, y'all are making me happy I have EZ Tag instead of TX Tag.  HCTRA's website is actually decent and makes it easy to print my toll receipts for my expense reports.

HCTRA has been money for me, even when credit card expired and I ran up several hundred dollars they waived it.  Fort Bend toll road on the other hand can fuck themselves to eternity.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 1:41 PM, Horn_Spanker said:

I've been avoiding using a toll road because the billing sucks so bad!  From the last point in time I had a $0.00 balance, I have not driven on their road, today I get a $5.15 bill.  No travel on the bill, late fee for not paying my $0.00 balance plus the mailing fee!  Isn't that extortion?  Goddamn these people!

Today I get a collection fee on that late fee on that $0.00 balance!  Is TxDOT to blame for letting these asshole run free?

• Like 1

Damn, y'all are making me happy I have EZ Tag instead of TX Tag.  HCTRA's website is actually decent and makes it easy to print my toll receipts for my expense reports.

I need a new tag for a new car and was thinking about getting an ez tag or something other than txtag. Is there a reason not to? It will be used primarily in Austin so are there price differences for tolls for different tags?

Tx tag sucks so bad that i really don't want to get another with them. I rarely use the tolls so I'd like to avoid them if I can

On 8/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Beau Vine said:

WTF is this????  How is this a "charge?"

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Rep to anyone who can figure out how this makes sense.

I'll treat this as a serious question and not /s

My toll tag charges me $40 once it gets low on "balance". Then they deduct all the charges for tolls that you use. I'm not sure why you have a weird payments and credits of $27.39 but what this is saying is you had a previous POSITIVE balance of $10.71 + you had more(over payments and credits) of $27.39 and then they deducted the other two amounts.  

Edited by hornhorn

The whole fucking system is complete garbage, soup to nuts, especially that travesty of a website. I have the auto-debit so I don’t have to look at the bill every month and get ragey. Somebody probably has a nice boat out on the lake paid for by my overcharges, and I just bend over and take it because it’s easier than dealing with their customer support

fuck them all with a bat wrapped in barb wire

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Shit. I have a TxTag, and I have weekly charges on that tag. I got a "third-notice" bill (never got a first or second) with a bunch of late fees. Apparently a) their scanners suck and don't always detect your tag, and b) they don't bother checking your plates to see if you have an existing account. 

I once read somewhere that the scanners only detect about 50% of the tags.  The rest of them are identified by manually looking at license plates on photographs.  

On 8/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, Cajun said:

None of this is by accident you know.

Toll companies are shakedown crews, nothing more, nothing less.

Huge racket.

This is exactly correct. This is their business model:

1. "Accidentally" overcharge people.

2. Make it so difficult to correct the "mistake" that people just give up and pay it.

3. ???

4. Profit.

The only way to win this game is not to play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yep, they can holler and scream and send nasty letters/threats all they want.  If I don't agree with the charge it ain't gettin' paid.

Period.

Full Stop

I will  not enable the fucks.

until they send the brute squad out to garnish your wages, claim a major past-due collections hit on your credit history, and turn a $10 over charge into $7,500 in late fees, interest penalties & law fees 

23 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

until they send the brute squad out to garnish your wages, claim a major past-due collections hit on your credit history, and turn a $10 over charge into $7,500 in late fees, interest penalties & law fees 

No wage garnishment in Texas.

• 6 months later...
Another fucking late charge on a ZERO balance!  The balance has been ZERO for months and up pops a bill.  I tried to email the TxDOT head over the toll system, Richard Nelson, but he's too ashamed to post his email address.

TxDOT emails are typically first.last@txdot.gov copy James Bass the Executive Director.
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Bump. Fuck 'em. In the goatass. Not even going to recount all the bullshit I've had to deal with today over maybe a collective $50 in statement balances. Just know that I ended an online chat session with "Thanks for being absolutely zero help today - go fuck yourself"

• Like 2