Txtag website and customer service

XYZ

Yes you should keep an eye on them.

They are just a complete nightmare to deal with. They are incompetent and have no problem lying to you. I think they enjoy fucking with customers

Now I’m pissed just thinking about the time someone stole my license plates and all the shit I went through.

i forgot about this thread.  

since Ive been working at home due to covid, I havent needed to use my toll tag except 1 time since March- I used the 45 toll interchange on my way to and from Dallas for ou. 

I get my bill last week and there are 3 charges.   the 2 i knew about on ou weekend, and 1 charge last Wed on the North Dallas Tollway.....  I literally havent been on that fucking road since at least Christmas 2018.

anyway, I disputed the bill, they threw it to the North Dallas folks and oddly enough, despite all the nutso issues everyone else has had with them they actually credited back the charge on Monday. 

That’s because the north Dallas people did the right thing. The problems is the Austin txtag assholes

When my plates got stolen I had a police report, new tags and Txdmv saying the old ones weren’t mine anymore and stolen. They get a file of invalid license plates everyday but don’t give a shit about it.

That wasn’t enough for them. Even when we reviewed video of a fucking totally different type of car using them after being reported stolen. It was a red Pontiac, I was driving a grey Nissan. They didn’t care. Basically I was on the hook until I hunted down the stolen plates. It is a really strange place.

The company that processes 183a tolls resolved it in 5 mins

• 2 weeks later...
Dealing with them myself. Sold vehicle, have transfer letter from TXDOT, new owner filed title, been charging me fees since June. I call, they cancel fees but it just happens again the next month. 

Did you leave the license plates on?

They don’t give a shit about Txdot or any gov entity

On 8/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, Cajun said:

None of this is by accident you know.

Toll companies are shakedown crews, nothing more, nothing less.

Huge racket.

The lack of political will to raise funds to pay for roads creates their opportunity. Which sucks, IMO. As I see it, the more cash in people’s pockets, the better it s for business. Were these companies the lowest cost provider of design, construction, and maintenance of roadways, then that might be reason for accepting the status quo.

But they are not the lowest cost providers of any aspect of roadways, and that is bad for business.

Unfortunately, in our politically divided, and fact-phobic world, that government designs, builds, and maintains, roadways more inexpensively than does private companies, means the lack of political will continues to abide.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spelling

On 11/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, Undersirable Carpetbagger said:

I do not pay the tolls, nor do I pay txtag bills when they come in the mail. I have piles of unpaid tolls from Texas, Illinois, West Virginia, Maryland and Florida. None will ever be paid. Just ignore them and they will go away.

I've ignored toll bills from Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and, by gum, they can't find me on the map!

On 11/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, UTexasFight said:

Lololololololololololol....19 days for the entire system to be down 

D34C3F3D-901B-423E-83F7-7A4CC227AE89.png

This is absolutely incredible. IN this day and age a site is going down for NINETEEN fucking days for maintenance? Jesus Fucksticks.

On 11/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

That sounds a LOT like they got hacked and/or ransomware'd.     And they are working on recovering.

That'd really be a shame.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, UTexasFight said:

Lololololololololololol....19 days for the entire system to be down 

D34C3F3D-901B-423E-83F7-7A4CC227AE89.png

The website is back up.  Sorta.  My login credentials don't work, my email address isn't associated with an account, and since all of that is broken if I want to use my account number instead it must be 10 digits (mine isn't, leading zeros doesn't work).

They somehow made the worst customer experience in my entire online life worse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Updawg said:

You have prefix with tx- or whatever. It’s dumb as hell

That wasn’t it for me...they just straight changed my account number.

I figured out a workaround (if anybody cares). I went back to my latest statement email, clicked to view online, and it hit a landing page to “upgrade” that finally took my email address and let me set up a new account. So I got in. Now the bad news...

Back is a car I sold this year, except it’s listed with its first set of plates instead of the ones that were on it. Back is an Explorer that I sold 12 years ago. Gone is my wife’s current car. My truck is correct and the weekend sportster I just bought (the reason I’ve been trying to log in for a month) it let me add but not including a make or model. I have two different days in November with dozens of charges on my truck...like I just drove it in circles for 10 hours and there is a couple hundred dollars of replenishment against card they have on file. It’s a clusterfuck.

They must have gotten hacked and are scrambling to reassemble data, and given how well TxTag works in general...it’s going about how you’d expect.

3 hours ago, After irth said:

My logon/password is not recognized.  My account number is 9 digits, and I know my pin.  Can't access shit.  If anyone else has additional hacks, it will be appreciated.  Not gonna bother calling.  Might give it a few weeks to see if things resolve.

What a shitshow...

Same problem with non recognition. On this home page, link allows you to set up account with new software.  Requires email address your account was under. They email you and it lets you set up.  Also requires a stronger password than the old site did. After doing so, it connects you with old account, but not all historical data.

Edited by abuelo gringo
couldn't link page

30 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

Last night between 7:20 and 9:40, I was charged and payment "reversed" for $80.

244 times.

So things are going well for them then.

I seriously cannot understand how an IT project in this day and age could be run in such a way. What an absolute and total clusterfuck this is.

So I just logged in and it made me confirm the account and choose a new, more stringent password.

Once logged in, the last transaction it registers is from 11/17. I use toll roads basically every workday, so it is likely missing about 30 transactions.

It shows two replenishments back in September and October that were for amounts that I did not make, nor would any normal person have made them for these amounts. $74.30 and $75.10.

There is no where in the "Manage Account" that you can see what your current balance is. If you want to know your balance, you have to go to "Pay a Bill" that is not part of "Manage Account".'

I can't say for sure, but the remaining balance that it shows in my account right now is likely correct for what it was as of the last known transaction (11/17).

I was able to create a new payment method and make a one time payment of $20. After adding that, I went back to "Pay a Bill" and the prepaid balance did increase by $20

Edited by Orange&White

On 11/24/2020 at 9:26 AM, huge said:

HCTRA hasn't ever caused me any trouble.  Has that been mentioned?  

HCTRA has it’s own set of issues.

Had a nannie for the kids who’s car was stollen. She was reluctant to report stollen b/c it was a family member (drugs), but finally did report it stollen. She did not realize that during this time the person was flying through tolls with reckless abandon.

The person who stole it racked up ~$100 in unpaid tolls. 

HCTRA tacked on fees and mailed the bill to a previous address.

Bills never got paid, obviously because she never saw them.

Then fee schedule ramped up again to something like > $5,000 because a a ‘law firm’ that’s really a collection agency buys the debt from HCTRA and puts even more onerous fees on top. They track her down and throw this huge number at her. 

She can’t pay that and is completely beside herself.

I get involved, but there’s very little I can do. Once it goes to the is law firm, it’s out of county’s hands.

I go up the chain through HCTRA. 

I was able to reduce some of it, but finally just told the law firm to EAD. She had the car registered in Louisiana and has a sister’s address who she registered her new car with. 

Had she not, the state of Texas would have prevented her from renewing her license and / or registering a new vehicle.

WTF is up with this system?

Read an article that was illuminating:

https://money.cnn.com/interactive/pf/debt-collector/threatening-letters/index.html

• 2 months later...

So is the website still nonsense for everyone else? Or is it just me the one time per month I check my account?

I don’t drive the toll roads that much but I haven’t been charged anything since October. ...which basically tells me I’m going to have an $800 late fee at some point

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1

So is the website still nonsense for everyone else? Or is it just me the one time per month I check my account?

I don’t drive the toll roads that much but I haven’t been charged anything since October. ...which basically tells me I’m going to have an $800 late fee at some point

Prepare to bend over

59 minutes ago, XYZ said:

That fucking website. Tried to log in...nope. Will have to go in person, some day.

I had this issue. I kept changing my password, but could never log in even with the new password. I called. They changed my account number. Of course, I would have no way of knowing that. Had I not called, I would have never been able to log into my account. Here is the thing: the reason I called was because I had three $20 chargers for them for a reason I couldn't understand. They partially explained, they know do $20 replinishment per vehicle. But I only have two vehicles. And only two charges are listed on account. But my credit card is quite certain it is has been charged three times. I've entered a dispute. The last one took a year to resolve, and was actually solved by me when I just changed the plates to my car. Fuck that organization. One day, I'm going to their office and burning it to the fucking ground. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

I had this issue. I kept changing my password, but could never log in even with the new password. I called. They changed my account number. Of course, I would have no way of knowing that. Had I not called, I would have never been able to log into my account. Here is the thing: the reason I called was because I had three $20 chargers for them for a reason I couldn't understand. They partially explained, they know do $20 replinishment per vehicle. But I only have two vehicles. And only two charges are listed on account. But my credit card is quite certain it is has been charged three times. I've entered a dispute. The last one took a year to resolve, and was actually solved by me when I just changed the plates to my car. Fuck that organization. One day, I'm going to their office and burning it to the fucking ground. 

Ha, good luck. As someone who had their license plates stolen that won’t do shit. Police reports/Txdot saying the tags are dead/stolen. etc don’t mean shit. You own those licenses until some other poor fucker gets them in his name. They are the most fucked org ever. Fuck them. They lie out the ass. It’s craziness

They have charged me $40 every 2 days for a couple of weeks. Up to $520 in charges. Cool. They say it is because they didn’t bill me back in November. Wut. I can clearly see all of my transactions and know damn well I haven’t used $520 in tolls.

Customer service rep was worthless and argumentative. It is really amazing. Think I’m about ready to claim fraud to the credit card company to stop payment.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, HookEm said:

They have charged me $40 every 2 days for a couple of weeks. Up to $520 in charges. Cool. They say it is because they didn’t bill me back in November. Wut. I can clearly see all of my transactions and know damn well I haven’t used $520 in tolls.

Customer service rep was worthless and argumentative. It is really amazing. Think I’m about ready to claim fraud to the credit card company to stop payment.

I would dispute immediately.  all of the charges going back 3 months.  just tell the CC company what tx tag told everyone that their website is running unchecked and charging accounts over and over.

if you dont know this already, when enough fraud requests come in for a certain merchant, CC companies will first start charging the merchant a higher rate each time they charge a card and that can raise pretty high, and then eventually the CC companies may end up marking them down as not being able to accept charges at all.      At this point them losing money seems to be the only thing that might motivate them and get them off their butts to fix this fucking update/ hack  (I am still not convinced this wasnt a hack)