Txtag website and customer service

XYZ

so I called TxTag and they told me that my account had a backend "glitch" that was causing the account to not register properly.  in the words of Office Space, they fixed the glitch. 

and I was able to finally start from the beginning, click on the reactivation link and it finally accepted my email and allowed me to change my password

18 hours ago, Okie State said:

This thread prompted me to finally switch. Is EZTag any better? I'd prefer to use them since they're 'local' and all the options seem to work on all toll roads in Texas/Oklahoma these days.

I switched to EZtag through HCTRA. Easy peasy.  Feels weird because I’ve never lived in Houston in my life, but whatever. 

12 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so I called TxTag and they told me that my account had a backend "glitch" that was causing the account to not register properly.  in the words of Office Space, they fixed the glitch. 

and I was able to finally start from the beginning, click on the reactivation link and it finally accepted my email and allowed me to change my password

Well, if it’s anything like I’ve experienced, then the fun is just beginning. 

12 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I fixed the TxTag glitch with a NTTA Tolltag.

10 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I fixed the TxTag glitch with a NTTA Tolltag.

Yeah....we're going to try the customer service call route one last time next week, but otherwise, this is our plan -- pay off our TXTAG account, close it and pull our tags, and sign up with one of the other authorities.  Is NTTA the best to go with?  Don't they all have statewide applicability?

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....we're going to try the customer service call route one last time next week, but otherwise, this is our plan -- pay off our TXTAG account, close it and pull our tags, and sign up with one of the other authorities.  Is NTTA the best to go with?  Don't they all have statewide applicability?

switch to hctra 

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Anything other than TxTag.  The underlying issue is that TxTag is actually run by TxDOT.  State bureaucrats doing State bureaucrat things like State bureaucrats do.

4 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

The underlying issue is that TxTag is actually run by TxDOT.  State bureaucrats doing State bureaucrat things like State bureaucrats do.

I think I've bitched in this thread before, but I'm still getting overdue notices for somebody who hasn't lived here in 7 or 8 years.  It's a familiar pattern - we'll get a letter from the agency, and then a collection notice from a out-of-state third-party company (and I return all of these with "return to sender/hasn't lived here in X amount of years" written on the envelope), and then 5-6 months down the road it'll repeat with a letter from the agency and then another collection notice.  My guess is that the agency sends out the bill, it doesn't get paid, then the collection agency sends out their bill and eventually tracks the person down, but nobody corrects the address.

I have called the agency and they said they are pulling the address from a state database, and they promise they'll make a note/figure it out, but they don't.  

We don't get any other mail for the guy (granted it's been over 7 years since he moved), but the agency still thinks he lives here.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think I've bitched in this thread before, but I'm still getting overdue notices for somebody who hasn't lived here in 7 or 8 years.  It's a familiar pattern - we'll get a letter from the agency, and then a collection notice from a out-of-state third-party company (and I return all of these with "return to sender/hasn't lived here in X amount of years" written on the envelope), and then 5-6 months down the road it'll repeat with a letter from the agency and then another collection notice.  My guess is that the agency sends out the bill, it doesn't get paid, then the collection agency sends out their bill and eventually tracks the person down, but nobody corrects the address.

I have called the agency and they said they are pulling the address from a state database, and they promise they'll make a note/figure it out, but they don't.  

We don't get any other mail for the guy (granted it's been over 7 years since he moved), but the agency still thinks he lives here.

Back when I was just out of school, a guy with my same name was bad about paying his bills.  I'd get constant harassing calls from collection agencies.  One kept telling me that they were coming to repossess my white hyundai.  I said "great, do that.  Here's my address.  Come on by -- any white hyundai you find, you can have."  Silence.  "I'm serious, that's my address -- drive by every day for the next year, I don't care -- if you see a white hyundai, repossess it.  Otherwise, leave me the fuck alone because I'm not him."  And that seemed to have worked, the calls stopped.

• 6 months later...

The Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority has not billed TxTag customers for the past six months because it doesn’t “have confidence in the data” it gets from the Texas Department of Transportation, according to CTRMA’s top official.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/ctrma-not-billing-txtag-customers-over-lack-of-confidence-in-data/

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Deej said:

That auto-pay screw-up is exactly what happened to me.  I kept getting those paper bills telling me how much I could have saved if I just would get a TxTag (which I had).

The good news is that I switched all of our cars to the NTTA TollTag and haven't had a single issue since then.  TxDOT's management of TxTag has been an unmitigated disaster.  Good riddance.

9 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Has anyone gotten a paper invoice in the mail, in the last year?  I haven't even though driving on it?

I used to, and haven't moved.

Same here. Haven’t got a bill in a long time. Checked the mobility authority website and shows no balance. Have a $31 balance on t tag with no due date indicated. It’s all fucked up. 

On 11/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, Brisketexan said:

Back when I was just out of school, a guy with my same name was bad about paying his bills.  I'd get constant harassing calls from collection agencies.  One kept telling me that they were coming to repossess my white hyundai.  I said "great, do that.  Here's my address.  Come on by -- any white hyundai you find, you can have."  Silence.  "I'm serious, that's my address -- drive by every day for the next year, I don't care -- if you see a white hyundai, repossess it.  Otherwise, leave me the fuck alone because I'm not him."  And that seemed to have worked, the calls stopped.

I had a roommate that was getting collection calls. When I would answer, I would say, "Yeah, I haven't seen Phil for like a week. If you get a hold of him, would you tell him to call home? We're starting to get worried."

17 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I am "The till roads will be free to use once they're paid for" years old

Well all those unused toll booths have to be paid for some how.

I have spent 4 hours over 3 calls with these idiots trying to get my credit card to work.  One hour long call ended hanging up on me.  

How does one go about canceling their txtag?  It isn't obvious on their website.  Shocking.