Txtag website and customer service

XYZ

On 11/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, UTexasFight said:

Lololololololololololol....19 days for the entire system to be down 

D34C3F3D-901B-423E-83F7-7A4CC227AE89.png

They finally got the site fixed and completely caught up on all of the transaction last night. 

Three and half months seems pretty good for that, right?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I just got a bill for $64 for some January transactions on 183-A.  The bill also had the message, "You could have saved $22 with a tag!" -- guess what, I do have a tag, asswipes.  Infuriating.

Should have cared less about rep options.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

I just got a bill for $64 for some January transactions on 183-A.  The bill also had the message, "You could have saved $22 with a tag!" -- guess what, I do have a tag, asswipes.  Infuriating.

Just got onto team NTTA TollTag tonight after trying to deal with this TXTag mess.  Thanks for the above suggestions! 

On 4/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

Same pay by mail invoice here. Filed online inquiry to dispute with all pertinent information. Response basically says I need to scan the invoice - both sides! - and send to them or mail it to so they can see what information is being disputed. Seriously? Unfuknbelievable. 

Switching toll tag operator tip is appreciated. 

• 2 months later...

It took over a month, 7 phone calls, 3 chats, and 3 account inquiries, but I finally got my TxTag cancelled.  Not one person could figure out why my TxTag account number matches my tag number yet when I go through tolls in Houston and Dallas, non of them scan my tag and I was being sent bills. 

So now which is better—EZTag or NTTA?  

• 1 month later...

Their new website is sooooo much better. It still isn't great but I was able to pretty painlessly log on and update my payment info.

They are still pieces of shit for failing to notify me that my payment method wasn't working (got a new debit card) until mailing me a bill so they could tack on a $1.15 "mailing" fee. I know you fucks have my email.

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

These fucking guys.

from one sad and pathetic solution to well, SAP.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/texas-fires-txtag-vendor-after-failed-system-upgrade-overcharges-drivers-millions/amp/

And while yeah, I’m sure IBM fucking sucks, I have no doubt some of their quotes bashing TxDOT have merit.

As of May, the state had fined IBM more than $6 million for contractual obligations not met. For perspective, TxDOT’s old toll operator, Conduent, was charged more than $2 million for not meeting metrics between 2014 and 2018.

Hmmm... I feel like there's a common actor here. Can't say I wouldn't side with IBM. Could you imagine trying to collaborate with these buffoons? 

4 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I switched from TxTag to TollTag.  It works everywhere for toll roads in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.  It also works for parking at DFW and Love airports. 

The best part is that I'll never have to deal with the disaster that is TxTag ever again!  

TollTag covers the Austin tolls as well? 

9 hours ago, swraith said:

sigh
tried to use the new TxTag website

have to update my account login

it says no account is associated with my email address

alternative login via account # and pin....got no clue what my TxTag account # is

If you can go back to an old statement email and follow the link it’ll land you on a page that will let you create “new” credentials…was the only way I figured out my new account number.

You have Oklahoma to take shots at instead of Kansas, you bastards!

Harris County Toll Road Authority (HCTRA) is a PITA as well.   I had a car stolen last year, and the thieves were driving it around with impunity and racking up tolls.   HCTRA wants me to pay for them, or to buy them a police report.  Fuck that shit.  I did offer them to pay my day rate, and I would contract as an investigator for them, but they have since stopped replying to me. 

• 2 months later...

I have been on hold with them for 25 mins thus far.  Why am I handling this instead of my wife, who has time?  Because they won't even TALK to her, even though her CC is on the account, one of the cars is registered in her name, etc.  Nope, the account as a whole was originally set up in my name.

And why do we have to call?

Because we're now getting "Pay by mail, and you're already past due!" notices on all our vehicles with toll tags.  Even though we have a TXTAG account tied to a credit card, it was set up to automatically re-fill the balance when it got low, but it apparently isn't working, she can't get into it with all of the credentials (that she set up, not me).   

In short, we have TXTAGs, we have a TXTAG account.  Neither of them work.  They are billing us as if we don't have tags at all, and even though the phone tree says they aren't referring anything to collections....the nastygrams they send us sure as shit do.  And I can't even get someone on the phone to fix this fuckery.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have been on hold with them for 25 mins thus far.  Why am I handling this instead of my wife, who has time?  Because they won't even TALK to her, even though her CC is on the account, one of the cars is registered in her name, etc.  Nope, the account as a whole was originally set up in my name.

And why do we have to call?

Because we're now getting "Pay by mail, and you're already past due!" notices on all our vehicles with toll tags.  Even though we have a TXTAG account tied to a credit card, it was set up to automatically re-fill the balance when it got low, but it apparently isn't working, she can't get into it with all of the credentials (that she set up, not me).   

In short, we have TXTAGs, we have a TXTAG account.  Neither of them work.  They are billing us as if we don't have tags at all, and even though the phone tree says they aren't referring anything to collections....the nastygrams they send us sure as shit do.  And I can't even get someone on the phone to fix this fuckery.

Oh, and a SUPER-fun postscript -- after I have my phone on hold music for nearly 30 mins (on a call that said I was 9 mins from a representative picking up)....nobody picked up, it just rolled right into a "customer survey" to describe how happy I was with my representative experience.  Ummmm, being that there WASN'T one, I gave them a lot of "1" responses.  Back on now, waiting again.  This time, they say it will take 20 mins....so I assume it will take an hour before I get routed to the customer satisfaction survey.

For fuck's sake.  I finally got through.  They said that the problem was that our CC was declined (it was an old card that expired).  But the problem is, we tried to update it online, and the system wouldn't even let us into our account.  Said it was deactivated or some bullshit.  But fine, the gal said "update your CC, and it will all work.  But I can't do that, I have to send you to someone else to do that."  She sends me.....to a phone tree.....that tells me to enter my CC info online....on the account we can't access...presumably because it didn't have a valid CC?  Who knows.   The whole fucking exercise was a complete waste.

We are going to try this again tomorrow.  When we have an hour to kill, and my wife can get on the line with me, so we have complete and total information.  But I have ZERO hope that this will be resolved without us having to start all over, order 4 new TXTAGs, and set up an entirely new account....which it probably won't let us do, since those license plates will be associated with "another account".....which can't be accessed.

Fuck these fucking fucks.

• Like 2

Harris County Toll Road Authority (HCTRA) is a PITA as well.   I had a car stolen last year, and the thieves were driving it around with impunity and racking up tolls.   HCTRA wants me to pay for them, or to buy them a police report.  Fuck that shit.  I did offer them to pay my day rate, and I would contract as an investigator for them, but they have since stopped replying to me. 

This happened to me when someone stole my license plates. Tx tag was hell. Wasted a lot of hours sorting that out and I don’t think it ever was really. Basically they are your license plates no matter what- even though the police report says they were stolen and the state has marked them stolen as well

Basically you have to hunt them down

Ok, so I’m giving up on TxTag. Beyond ridiculous. Credit card won’t auto replenish and I’m having to pay CTRMA separately with fees and non toll tag rates.  Or dispute with TxTag so they can tell CTRMA it was their fault. Maddening. TxTag has basically given up and told me it’s my problem.  So stupid. 

btw - here’s a better number to contact TxTag - it’s the violation enforcement team: (512) 874-9500. 

So has there been a general consensus on which other toll company to switch to?  NTTA? EZTAG?

TIA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Ok, so I’m giving up on TxTag. Beyond ridiculous. Credit card won’t auto replenish and I’m having to pay CTRMA separately with fees and non toll tag rates.  Or dispute with TxTag so they can tell CTRMA it was their fault. Maddening. TxTag has basically given up and told me it’s my problem.  So stupid. 

btw - here’s a better number to contact TxTag - it’s the violation enforcement team: (512) 874-9500. 

So has there been a general consensus on which other toll company to switch to?  NTTA? EZTAG?

TIA

I had the same problem.  I moved over to NTTA.  Very easy to do online.  No problems thus far.

• Like 1

I havent used Txtag since the pandemic, so I tried to log in for the first time, got the instructions to follow the link to set it up.  tried first to just use my old username with an updated password.

nope: that user name is already taken.  ( no shit its me).  

so they say if you want to use that user name, you need to get a new password for that.... so I ask for the password reset link, i get it, log in tell the system to change my password, and it confirms my email address.....

Nope. That email address is already being used by an existing account  (again, no shit thats me)

so i try again this time just using the email address to register.

Nope, that email address is already in use.

okay, lets just create a new account.... do so, with a diff email.  and then

Nope, that license plate is already logged into the system on another account.

so I cant use my old username, because its being used by me.  I cant reset my email address because its already in use (by me), and I cant log in and create a new account because my license plates are already in use on another account.

its like Dante's 4th level of circular logic hell

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I havent used Txtag since the pandemic, so I tried to log in for the first time, got the instructions to follow the link to set it up.  tried first to just use my old username with an updated password.

so they say if you want to use that user name, you need to get a new password for that.... so I ask for the password reset link, i get it, log in tell the system to change my password, and it confirms my email address.....

Nope. That email address is already being used by an existing account  (again, no shit thats me)

so I cant use my old username, because its being used by me.  I cant reset my email address because its already in use (by me), and I cant log in and create a new account because my license plates are already in use on another account.

This is EXACTLY what we've been dealing with.  Functionally, we just cannot use our TXTAGS anymore -- TXTAG just won't let us.  Why?  Who the fuck knows.  They just won't.

So, I'm going to try one more phone call, and then we're just going to start over with an entirely new toll authority, get new tags, etc., because it is functionally impossible to use TXTAG anymore.  It's actually kind of amazing.

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You will then be double billed for every toll for the rest of your natural life.  The only way to stop it will be to sell your car, move, and change your name.

I mean....you're probably not wrong.

I've seen some epic bureaucratic fuckups in my day, but this one is hall-of-fame level: You have an account.  But we can't let you into that account.  And you can't open a new account.  Because you have an account.  That we won't let you into.  So you can't even close the account.  Or get a new account.  Or re-activate your old account.

48 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I had this issue, my truck was totaled and I picked up a new vehicle, but same license plates (transferred them over instead of getting new ones). I think the issue was caused by the new vendor. They require you to re-register because the new vendor uses email addresses instead of usernames like the old one (then required a new password to be picked). I had to use the "Forgot username" feature, then the "Forgot password" option after that to get in, once I was in, I entered a new username and password, and that let me in. I was then able to buy a new sticker for my new car, remove my old one, and everything worked after that.

Edited by MillerEP

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I had the same problem.  I moved over to NTTA.  Very easy to do online.  No problems thus far.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is EXACTLY what we've been dealing with.  Functionally, we just cannot use our TXTAGS anymore -- TXTAG just won't let us.  Why?  Who the fuck knows.  They just won't.

So, I'm going to try one more phone call, and then we're just going to start over with an entirely new toll authority, get new tags, etc., because it is functionally impossible to use TXTAG anymore.  It's actually kind of amazing.

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Just set up NTTA account online. Easy, less than 10 minutes. Waiting to receive new tags in mail and for TxTag / CTRMA billing dispute to be resolved before I close TxTag account. Should have done this months and many headaches ago. 

Oh and after talking with TxTag this morning at the number I posted above, the customer service rep told me they had no idea when credit card auto replenish feature would work again and that I should check my account weekly to make sure it doesn’t run out of funds and replenish manually.  I said so, what , I have to do y’all’s job? And he said, unfortunately, yes.  Don’t waste your time with them, just settle it all up, close account and be done. I’ve wasted A LOT of time messing with the incompetence of TxTag.  It’s maddening. Don’t waste your time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1