5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

3 hours ago, PilotsError said:

At this point, every single case he's ever worked needs to be reopened and there should probably be many people released and exonerated.  

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

You mean Acevedo, right?

35 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I think he meant Goines

Immortal13 has some fast reflexes. 

• 4 months later...

Look at who else Goines arrested

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/us/unrest-george-floyd-houston-goines.html

Mr. Floyd, who died after a white officer held him under his knee in Minneapolis, igniting a protest movement against police brutality, grew up in Houston and was arrested by Mr. Goines in 2004 over a $10 drug transaction. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to jail.

The 2004 arrest is now being re-examined by Kim Ogg, the district attorney in Houston’s Harris County, as part of the review of the former officer’s now-questionable cases. The arrest was not the first time Mr. Floyd had had run-ins with law enforcement in Houston. But it sent him to state jail for 10 months. He later moved to Minneapolis to try to turn his life around.

beating a dead horse( my specialty)

Nothing changes until their supervisors/ managers face the most serious of repercussions/ sanctions./ penalties.

only then will accountability be established.   Until then, the outlaws will be treated as one-offs.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mycox said:

Shit going down after County District Attorney did some auditing. Five of the six are charged with falsifying government documents used in narcotics investigations.

https://abc13.com/hpd-officers-charged-with-felonies-linked-to-botched-raid/6289529/

Art mostly worries as to whether this might impact his future political career.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If they keep investigating they could probably end up charging everyone in the Houston narcotics division if they wanted to

go on...

( as in, continue with the tale)

Edited by Iceman

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

The police union statement is ridiculously off putting.   What a bunch of turds.  

8adc628a-4753-4f84-858a-743481192c9d_192

Gamaldi is such a worm.  He needs to be tarred and feathered, too. 

Edit - and gotdamn if that's not the most punchable face ever. 

Edited by Player
  • Like 3

Guest Lobo

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.  

He strikes me as a particularly uneducated man, but my god...does he have any idea how much he looks like Joseph Goebbels?  I mean, it's uncanny.  I'm not even talking about the similarities in ideology and mentality, just the fucking face and ears.  How the fuck has nobody told him this yet so he could get reconstructive surgery?  That's madness.  My disdain for police brutality aside, he's Goebbels fucking doppelganger.  

I mean, he literally needs to find out if his mom went to South or Central America on Spring Break in the 1980's.  Because she fucked one of Goebbel's surviging relatives.  I am 98% certain.  What the fuck man?  How has nobody trolled him with this information.  

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Who are you asking all these questions of?

The royal "We."  6,000 posts on this website and you're not familiar with the concept of open ended questions directed into the ether?  Every single day on almost every thread on this website, people posit questions directed at non-specific parties/entities.  I didn't know this was gonna be so difficult for you.  It's okay, we'll work on it together.  

20 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Art mostly worries as to whether this might impact his future political career.

He should have bailed before that little audit.  Given his ambitions, he should have bailed a month ago, said he was going to try and fix things, and ran for whatever office he was thinking about.  Not that this wouldn't have caught up to him somehow, but it's a helluva lot easier to blow off if you're out of office.  Resigning now puts the blame squarely on you.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The royal "We."  6,000 posts on this website and you're not familiar with the concept of open ended questions directed into the ether?  Every single day on almost every thread on this website, people posit questions directed at non-specific parties/entities.  I didn't know this was gonna be so difficult for you.  It's okay, we'll work on it together.  

Do you expect anyone in particular to give answers to all of these questions?

Guest Lobo

I dunno, maybe Goebbels.  I have him in my Covid-19 fantasy league.  But yeah, it was mostly just be talking to the wind hoping that when people google his name nowadays that Surly shows up and people see my post and think, "Oh shit, he does look like Goebbel's.  And oh shit, they're an ideological match on SwabianPoliceStateFuckfaces.net"  

Guest Lobo
On 7/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, immortal13 said:

Do you expect anyone in particular to give answers to all of these questions?

Man, I'm sorry about yesterday..  You asked two legit questions and I got all salty-pants about it.  I offended you by mocking two of your idols---this police union piece of human shit and Goebbels.  That wasn't cool of me.  My bad.  Happy Independence Day brother.  

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mighty fine said:

So only Goines gets murder.

You (the royal you that is) know how the get away driver also gets charged with murder when the actual stick up man shoots somebody? Similar should apply here-- everybody involved should get charged with murder, not just Goines.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
25 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Well well well. Six more officers charged in this case, including one charged with murder.  I'm guessing he administered the "double tap" that was captured on video.

6 more Houston police officers charged in deadly Harding Street raid (click2houston.com)

Well, that should shorten Art Acevedo’s Christmas card list.

And I wonder how long Art can delay this?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/07/01/state-national-lawmakers-push-hpd-chief-art-acevedo-to-release-narcotics-audit-in-harding-street-raid/

Edited by Armybrat

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Well, that should shorten Art Acevedo’s Christmas card list.

And I wonder how long Art can delay this?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/07/01/state-national-lawmakers-push-hpd-chief-art-acevedo-to-release-narcotics-audit-in-harding-street-raid/

Wu is an Ag, sadly, but he is one of the good ones. 

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Well well well. Six more officers charged in this case, including one charged with murder.  I'm guessing he administered the "double tap" that was captured on video.

6 more Houston police officers charged in deadly Harding Street raid (click2houston.com)

Just 6 more "bad apples".

No one tried to cover for them.  

Never happens.

The little internal monologue that some of you lurkers are having, the one that goes - "Oh my!  What a crazy situation!  This is a rogue department not represtentative of the majority of Police Departments around this fine nation of ours..." blah blah blah.

Do yourself, do us, do the country a favor and detonate a mental satchel charge underneath that brain worm programmed into your head.

This shit is SOP all over the place and these "Heroes" spend much of the time we pay them to protect and serve hiding that fact.  Criminals with badges and the "good ones" who don't partake give the others run of the house.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Cop that caught the latest murder charge is represented by Rusty Hardin, who says all the new charges are “politically motivated”, and basically an attempt by Ogg to take advantage of current anti-cop sentiment.

The new police union rep (don’t know what happened to that Grimaldi weasel), says that they will stand by their officers.

I know you’re all shocked by this news. Cajun was right...Art will gladly throw Gerald Goines under the bus, and claim he was just a rogue cop.

I doubt we’re ever going to find out, but I’d like to know what Tuttle did to draw the ire of Goines.

• Hook 'Em 1