5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

So now you can add “inventing informants that don’t actually exist” to the list of things an officer has to do in order to make it home tonight.  

D.A.: “so this person was never even an informant?   Is they what you’re saying?”

Cop: “uh no, this person was never even a person.”

D.A.: “you invented their identity and invented the information they were feeding you?  Well, where did all the money go you signed out to pay them?”

Cop: “yeah, about that...”

Edited by Lobo

Serious legal question-when they say “execution of the search warrant”, does that mean how it was served/incident at the house or does this refer to how the search warrant was drafted/obtained....as in “I executed the contract” meaning I wrote it up or meaning I followed through on the actions dictated in the contract?

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Serious legal question-when they say “execution of the search warrant”, does that mean how it was served/incident at the house or does this refer to how the search warrant was drafted/obtained....as in “I executed the contract” meaning I wrote it up or meaning I followed through on the actions dictated in the contract?

to me it means they executed the victims

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

Presser from HPOU

ECrWORNXkAErFVQ.png:large

They can eat a dick, it was inappropriate to comment on how these innocent people murdered were thugs and drug dealers right after the shootout your officers concocted. And they damn well know this isnt a case of two bad cops, this is a case of two bad cops they threw under the bus to save the rest of them.

• Like 7

Art acting as if it was his team, hpd, that uncovered this. Disappointed the DA didnt mention HPD's work in this case. 

Says no friendly fire, mr tutle fired shots.

Art asks if theres any questions,  the. Replays his speech in spanish

Edited by Dewey

Art just denied that two shots rang out 30 minutes after the shooting. Said he was there 14 minutes afterwards. Listen shithead, the two shots may not have been 30 minutes after it ended, but they definitely happened after the situation was under control. It was a double tap and you know it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lat22 said:

He is a cocksucker of the highest order. I want to see Tuttle’s pistol and I want to see how many spent rounds are still in the cylinder. 

If there was a pistol, it’s probably sold by now and in the hands of criminals. Ogg said there were many past complaints of the officers stealing weapons 

41 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Art acting as if it was his team, hpd, that uncovered this. Disappointed the DA didnt mention HPD's work in this case. 

Says no friendly fire, mr tutle fired shots.

Art asks if theres any questions,  the. Replays his speech in spanish

There is zero fucking chance that there was no friendly fire. It is more likely that all of the officers were hit by friendly fire

18 minutes ago, Player said:

235fc0b39bd128a1e40d8e042cfd6406.jpg

If the confidential informant never even existed, then how was there probable cause?

Joe Citizen engages in this kind of evasion and DAs and cops will look for every possible charge they can muster up to charge him with.

Cops misdirect and lie and it's all cool and the gang with their pals in the DAs office.

Disgusting.

Art should have been indicted on the spot of that interview.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

Why did they fucking do this? So he made up an informant to pocket the money to fake informant and then no knocks at random people's house? If the homeowner didn't fire a shot but these fucks all shot each other up then how the hell are the rest of the cops defending them???? They are fucking idiot criminals.

• Like 1

Don’t other “professional” entities seek to self govern and weed out bad apples who damage their brand in the public’s eye? 
Whats different about this group?  

What’s different is the incredibly inordinate number of bad apples on the job. Acevedo is just a frontman enabler. That’s what he does best, but make no mistake about it...he’s not really in charge. There are a ton of veteran HPD cops like Goines spread out around the Houston area. They are in charge of the streets and what goes on out there regardless of who’s politicking in the Chief’s office. Having said that, Art Acevedo is of course the perfect fit for a force as corrupt as HPD and definitely deserves some time in the pen.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

No CR please.

I think we're about 98.5% united on this thread that heads need to roll in the PD.  Let's not lose focus on the targets...

That's the worrisome part.  Past experience tells us that Goines will be the fall guy, Art will declare that a rogue cop and an accomplice are off the force and all is well.  Meanwhile we all know that not only are there many other cops as dirty but that command knows all about what they do. 

The "case will be closed" and the average citizen goes on with their lives but the shenanigans will continue and it will be business as usual in HPD and every other PD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

That's the worrisome part.  Past experience tells us that Goines will be the fall guy, Art will declare that a rogue cop and an accomplice are off the force and all is well.  Meanwhile we all know that not only are there many other cops as dirty but that command knows all about what they do. 

The "case will be closed" and the average citizen goes on with their lives but the shenanigans will continue and it will be business as usual in HPD and every other PD.

I've said that almost from the beginning.  Dude will take the fall and everything will be "all is well" again.

The corruption doesn't stop until the department heads roll.  That's how you drive accountability within an organization.  The multiple layers of authorization and enabling acts required for this( and allegedly countless others) to go down are waaaaaaay beyond Goines.

Edited by Iceman

Don’t other “professional” entities seek to self govern and weed out bad apples who damage their brand in the public’s eye? 

Whats different about this group?  

Well when other professionals do bad shit you don’t usually end up with dead bodies everywhere so we the public don’t hear about it all that much.

Also the American establishment and the people have historically put cops on a pedestal and fetishized them as almighty heroes. Thus giving cops a sense of superiority and invincibility and a belief they can get away with anything in the name of getting home safe and serving and protecting.

It’s also hard for regular folks to sue cops because of their status as an arm of the government.

Doctors are another profession that can result in a bunch of dead bodies if their bad apples run around unchecked.

But regular people don’t deify doctors the way they do cops. People are more skeptical of physicians and will sue the hell out of a bad one. And their fellow physicians won’t cover up for them.

The public mood is shifting on cops. The HPD would have gotten away with this situation just 10 years ago. And they’re still getting away with it mostly - they’ve just been forced to offer up some sacrificial lambs and continued the cover up of the institutional rot.

And if the victims weren’t white......

Until rich white “law abiding” citizens stand up and join the poor and the black and the brown and the marginalized and demand sweeping changes in law enforcement and police behavior nothing will actually change.

Art and HPD are liars, and that's a shame. The positions they hold are there to protect us, citizens.  Now we have two dead and then police chief throws two of his guys under the bus, screaming at the media, basically, "what do you want me to do???"

Its fucked up, they have lost all perspective of what their job is. Blinded by power and greed.

27 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

But what they were going to do was frame those innocent poor people. That is fucking evil. Why are they protecting that?

Because of the mess it would cause, the chain reaction of it all, how far down do you go? They have a mayor running for a second term. Theres a lot of power players wanting this to be 2 bad cops and no more. 

I'll say this, if Art can't learn to keep his mouth shut (blasting the DA in the news), more will come of this. 

Because of the mess it would cause, the chain reaction of it all, how far down do you go? They have a mayor running for a second term. Theres a lot of power players wanting this to be 2 bad cops and no more. 
I'll say this, if Art can't learn to keep his mouth shut (blasting the DA in the news), more will come of this. 

The section 1983 suit will allow for discovery. That may be...interesting.

Ive always assumed the shots that were fired well after the event were the cops shooting each other because they realized how bad they fucked up. 

Is is it the general consensus that the cops executed the owners 30 minutes after the event ended?

Edited by Orange&White

It was Art and his boys. Art, the king of sketchy police shootings. Obvious this was coming. You obviously bought in to the police narrative immediately. 

(Sorry,  that was a low blow. I apologize. But, you have to question anything Art is involved with after his time here in Austin. Guy is sketchy.)

Edited by Deej