5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

23 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

what the fuck

You seem surprised by this.

You shouldn't be surprised.  Cops lie, plant evidence, frame, kill innocents with the ease and peace of mind that you and I drink a cup of coffee.  These jackwaggons just got sloppy and fucked up.

I guarantee you there are cops all over that city rolling right now talking to each other about what dumasses they were for not covering their asses better.

Just now, Cajun said:

You seem surprised by this.

You shouldn't be surprised.  Cops lie, plant evidence, frame, kill innocents with the ease and peace of mind that you and I drink a cup of coffee.  These jackwaggons just got sloppy and fucked up.

I guarantee you there are cops all over that city rolling right now talking to each other about what dumasses they were for not covering their asses better.

Not sorry he got shot

So if this "heroin dealer" bullshit was just pure fabrication, then what do y'all think was the true motivation for Goins?

Did Tuttle flip him off at a stop light?

Did their dog shit in his yard? 

Did he have the hots for Rhogena Nicholas?

Is Goins an addict, and this was just a tragically bizarre result of his impaired judgement?

Lying in affidavits and driving around with throw down bags of heroin are pretty good indicators that he's shady as fuck. 

Is Goins straight-up psycho? Power hungry cop who can't get a boner unless he's in tactical gear?

What the fuck was this really all about? 

• Like 1

If the victims had lived, I wonder if with recent info coming to light, the would face any prosecution.  

Castle doctrine vs no-knock is a beautiful thing, and it had better side with the citizen every time. 

Cops shoulda known it was the wrong house when the suspects were white...  

1 hour ago, Player said:

Lying in affidavits and driving around with throw down bags of heroin are pretty good indicators that he's shady as fuck. 

Someone with more knowledge of the law - can a cop with "throw down" drugs in his possession be charged just the same as a normal citizen would with possession of those drugs?

Obviously they probably wouldn't be charged but could they?

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, informants are usually so anxious to get dragged into a media spotlight when police and drugs are involved because it does so much for their safety and wellbeing.  I can't believe that on top of the usual disincentives, that being a party to a crime involving murdered police wouldn't be enticing as well.  It's fun when both the local drug cartels and everybody within a 50 miles with a badge wants to "question" you using a baseball bat and pliers.  

I'd been away since the dark end of Shaggy.  It's my favorite gif, so I used it for my avatar.  I forgot that phd used it.  Once I can think of a better one, I'll swap.  I still miss my old one that Thujone made with Cam Newton and all his vehicular presents, but I think that's lost to the annals of the internet now.

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

Texas rangers or FBI should be investigating this now.

This.  Full stop.  If the facts are at all in line with what is posted right above, this needs to go to a higher authority, and right now.

Oh, and as I read the source stories.....at this point, the question may just needs to be whether, among the charges, two counts of homicide should be included.  And not just manslaughter -- actual murder.  Because if the intent was to commit a felony (planting drugs would most certainly be a felony), and in the course of that, someone died, that's murder.

This story stunk from the beginning.  But even I didn't think it would end up looking THIS bad....and there's still a lot we don't know.  I don't get the feeling that additional information will make things any better -- it will almost certainly make them even worse.  Wow.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Love the Twitter comments about “where are the good cops who speak up?”

like a unicorn. You never see/hear from them. The blue line bullshit will never stop. 

Constant will be in here any moment.

I'm sure of it!

17 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

They're all "Let's wait until we have all the facts before casting aspersions."  They're quick to pull the trigger on a civilian, but need to give their fellow officers the benefit of the doubt before they could be convinced to chastise them.

Always.

Said before many times over on Shaggy, they offer little to zero benefit of the doubt when dealing with citizens but demand it by the dump truck load when the tables are turned.

Because Heroes.

13 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

I'd been away since the dark end of Shaggy.  It's my favorite gif, so I used it for my avatar.  I forgot that phd used it.  Once I can think of a better one, I'll swap.  I still miss my old one that Thujone made with Cam Newton and all his vehicular presents, but I think that's lost to the anals of the internet now.

fixed for shaggy

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  Full stop.  If the facts are at all in line with what is posted right above, this needs to go to a higher authority, and right now.

Oh, and as I read the source stories.....at this point, the question may just needs to be whether, among the charges, two counts of homicide should be included.  And not just manslaughter -- actual murder.  Because if the intent was to commit a felony (planting drugs would most certainly be a felony), and in the course of that, someone died, that's murder.

This story stunk from the beginning.  But even I didn't think it would end up looking THIS bad....and there's still a lot we don't know.  I don't get the feeling that additional information will make things any better -- it will almost certainly make them even worse.  Wow.

Now factor in all the times this was done by these LEOs where Joe Citizen wasn't armed and competent.

Hint - buttloads.

• Like 1

Just now, Cajun said:

Now factor in all the times this was done by these LEOs where Joe Citizen wasn't armed and competent.

Hint - buttloads.

Exactly.  The ONLY reason this one didn't work is because the cop who was going to do the planting got shot.  By citizens.  Defending their home.  You know, the kind of people who LITERALLY get named and praised on the floor of the Texas Lege.

There is absolutely a thread to pull on this investigation -- EVERY.  SINGLE.  ONE. of that cop's past "drug busts."  It seems likely this was a "planting" operation.  The odds are close to zero that this was his first time to do so.  Pull the thread.  Keep pulling.

• Like 2

My only question is qui bono?  Unless the cop had a beef with the deceased, what good would it have been to plant a couple small baggies of heroin?  Is a dead citizen worth whatever good comes of a very minor drug bust?  I get they could use the planted drugs to justify their botched raid, but that doesn't really give a reason for why they would raid this home in the first place.

Edited by hopkinsnhorns
words
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

My only question is qui bono?  Unless the cop had a beef with the deceased, what good would it have been to plant a couple small baggies of heroin?  Is a dead citizen worth whatever good comes of a very minor drug bust?  I get they could use the planted drugs to justify their botched raid, but that doesn't really give a reason for why they would raid this home in the first place.

It'll be interesting to find out.  If it is what it looks like, we might find out it is a Gary Oldman The Professional situation.

Hm.  Two people executed.

Uh oh.

Sec. 37.09. TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. (a) A person commits an offense if, knowing that an investigation or official proceeding is pending or in progress, he:

(1) alters, destroys, or conceals any record, document, or thing with intent to impair its verity, legibility, or availability as evidence in the investigation or official proceeding; or

(2) makes, presents, or uses any record, document, or thing with knowledge of its falsity and with intent to affect the course or outcome of the investigation or official proceeding.

(b) This section shall not apply if the record, document, or thing concealed is privileged or is the work product of the parties to the investigation or official proceeding.

(c) An offense under Subsection (a) or Subsection (d)(1) is a felony of the third degree, unless the thing altered, destroyed, or concealed is a human corpse, in which case the offense is a felony of the second degree. An offense under Subsection (d)(2) is a Class A misdemeanor.

(c-1) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) or (d)(1) that the record, document, or thing was visual material prohibited under Section 43.261 that was destroyed as described by Subsection (f)(3)(B) of that section.

(d) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) knowing that an offense has been committed, alters, destroys, or conceals any record, document, or thing with intent to impair its verity, legibility, or availability as evidence in any subsequent investigation of or official proceeding related to the offense; or

(2) observes a human corpse under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that an offense had been committed, knows or reasonably should know that a law enforcement agency is not aware of the existence of or location of the corpse, and fails to report the existence of and location of the corpse to a law enforcement agency.

(e) In this section, "human corpse" has the meaning assigned by Section 42.08.

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (a) In this section:

(1) "Adequate cause" means cause that would commonly produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror in a person of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool reflection.

(2) "Sudden passion" means passion directly caused by and arising out of provocation by the individual killed or another acting with the person killed which passion arises at the time of the offense and is not solely the result of former provocation.

(b) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.

(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree.

I just chose that felony out of many he could be charge with.  And two people died.  Just have to tie the two together and you have a cop committing felony murder.

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Hm.  Two people executed.

Uh oh.

Sec. 37.09. TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. (a) A person commits an offense if, knowing that an investigation or official proceeding is pending or in progress, he:

(1) alters, destroys, or conceals any record, document, or thing with intent to impair its verity, legibility, or availability as evidence in the investigation or official proceeding; or

(2) makes, presents, or uses any record, document, or thing with knowledge of its falsity and with intent to affect the course or outcome of the investigation or official proceeding.

(b) This section shall not apply if the record, document, or thing concealed is privileged or is the work product of the parties to the investigation or official proceeding.

(c) An offense under Subsection (a) or Subsection (d)(1) is a felony of the third degree, unless the thing altered, destroyed, or concealed is a human corpse, in which case the offense is a felony of the second degree. An offense under Subsection (d)(2) is a Class A misdemeanor.

(c-1) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) or (d)(1) that the record, document, or thing was visual material prohibited under Section 43.261 that was destroyed as described by Subsection (f)(3)(B) of that section.

(d) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) knowing that an offense has been committed, alters, destroys, or conceals any record, document, or thing with intent to impair its verity, legibility, or availability as evidence in any subsequent investigation of or official proceeding related to the offense; or

(2) observes a human corpse under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that an offense had been committed, knows or reasonably should know that a law enforcement agency is not aware of the existence of or location of the corpse, and fails to report the existence of and location of the corpse to a law enforcement agency.

(e) In this section, "human corpse" has the meaning assigned by Section 42.08.

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (a) In this section:

(1) "Adequate cause" means cause that would commonly produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror in a person of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool reflection.

(2) "Sudden passion" means passion directly caused by and arising out of provocation by the individual killed or another acting with the person killed which passion arises at the time of the offense and is not solely the result of former provocation.

(b) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.

(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree.

I just chose that felony out of many he could be charge with.  And two people died.  Just have to tie the two together and you have a cop committing felony murder.

No one responded to my question - but couldn't you also bring felony drug charges against him for the heroin? Assuming any quantity of heroin is a felony. 

38 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

My guess is this is how they roll.  They want collars, hell, they crave 'em, but they're lazy dumbfucks who find it easier to make shit up than follow the law.

The heroin was probably in his cruiser just in case the flip of the coin came up tails.

Edited by Cajun

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one responded to my question - but couldn't you also bring felony drug charges against him for the heroin? Assuming any quantity of heroin is a felony. 

Yes, that would be a felony, but the murder wasn't committed in the course of committing that felony.  A prosecutor could try to tie that, but I think it would fail.

2 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It'll be interesting to find out.  If it is what it looks like, we might find out it is a Gary Oldman The Professional situation.

from one of the articles above, which i thought yall were joking about:

Investigators returned to Goines for the names of more informants, who had all worked for Goines in the past. They all denied making a buy for Goines at the home. They also denied ever buying drugs from Nicholas or Tuttle.

The warrant shows that two bags of heroin were found in Goines' city vehicle.

cop is carrying heroin in his city vehicle. he was absolutely setting this couple up for a drug arrest. the cynic in me assumes that this is some kind of protection racket gone wrong. but at the end of the day, drugs on the table arrests shower those cops in glory. enough of them, and cops get promotions.

one wonders how many innocent people are sitting in prison because of this cop and others like him. it frightens the fuck out of me that cops can just do this shit.

5 hours ago, Player said:

So if this "heroin dealer" bullshit was just pure fabrication, then what do y'all think was the true motivation for Goins?

Did Tuttle flip him off at a stop light?

Did their dog shit in his yard? 

Did he have the hots for Rhogena Nicholas?

Is Goins an addict, and this was just a tragically bizarre result of his impaired judgement?

Is Goins straight-up psycho? Power hungry cop who can't get a boner unless he's in tactical gear?

What the fuck was this really all about? 

Stats.  They used a CI to do a drug buy, probably at a dealer's house that is paying them off.  Then use those drugs and the description of a fake house to get the warrant.  Plan to execute the warrant, plant drugs get a arrest.  They get kudos for busting some drug dealers.  They probably picked these two unfortunate souls due to the request to do a drug related welfare call.  Whoever called it in isn't going to second guess the bust.  

• Like 3

Stats.  They used a CI to do a drug buy, probably at a dealer's house that is paying them off.  Then use those drugs and the description of a fake house to get the warrant.  Plan to execute the warrant, plant drugs get a arrest.  They get kudos for busting some drug dealers.  They probably picked these two unfortunate souls due to the request to do a drug related welfare call.  Whoever called it in isn't going to second guess the bust.  

Sadly that makes real sense and very close to probably what their mindset was.

Hollywood has probably made that movie at least 10 times.