Texas vs. kanssas - ESPN at 6:00pm

Pancho

12 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I know Rick signed him, but Kerwin is lucky he never played for Barnes. Barnes literally would've killed him. I swear Kerwin is good for at least 1 turnover in the closing minutes of a closely contested  game. He does it every fucking game down the stretch. I'm not even kidding. If you can stomach it go back and watch our games from last year and count how many Kerwin Roach specials we had during the waning minutes. Literally every close game down the stretch comes fully equipped with a Kerwin Roach turnover with anything under 4 minutes to go. I swear he had like 3 against Duke last year. Had multiple against Georgia, Tech, Okla St, TCU, even against UNC he had one as well.  He absolutely shouldn't handle the ball in the closing minutes of any close game ever. 

Barnes would've built a doghouse underneath the McClellan doghouse (which was underneath the doghouse everyone else rotated through) to shove Snoop into.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I know Rick signed him, but Kerwin is lucky he never played for Barnes. Barnes literally would've killed him. I swear Kerwin is good for at least 1 turnover in the closing minutes of a closely contested  game. He does it every fucking game down the stretch. I'm not even kidding. If you can stomach it go back and watch our games from last year and count how many Kerwin Roach specials we had during the waning minutes. Literally every close game down the stretch comes fully equipped with a Kerwin Roach turnover with anything under 4 minutes to go. I swear he had like 3 against Duke last year. Had multiple against Georgia, Tech, Okla St, TCU, even against UNC he had one as well.  He absolutely shouldn't handle the ball in the closing minutes of any close game ever. 

It's incredible that he's been allowed to handle the ball anytime after the U4 timeout between last year (Coleman) and this year (Ramey, Coleman, Long).  Hell, I'd rather let a walk-on handle the ball than Roach.

It seems that we don't just allow him to have the ball, but that we actually design it that way. Over and over and over again he's bringing the ball up in these situations. I mean he was our go-to option on those press break inbounds passes several times, and if not then he was the first guy who we passed it to. It's baffling. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It's incredible that he's been allowed to handle the ball anytime after the U4 timeout between last year (Coleman) and this year (Ramey, Coleman, Long).  Hell, I'd rather let a walk-on handle the ball than Roach.

This is what drives me most crazy about Shaka. I don't know if it's blind faith in players, but we should be making these adjustments. 

Another blatant example :

D. O. is 1 of his last 19 on 3 pt attempts and now 15-62 on the year. Yet he's put up at least 2 shots from deep in all but 4 games this season. 

He is a career 28% shooter behind the arc and is inexplicably 4 percentage points below his career average this year. 

Those shots are basically turnovers. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

It seems that we don't just allow him to have the ball, but that we actually design it that way. Over and over and over again he's bringing the ball up in these situations. I mean he was our go-to option on those press break inbounds passes several times, and if not then he was the first guy who we passed it to. It's baffling. 

It's like, on the one hand, he's a 70% FT shooter, so you want him at the line after the U4 timeout.

But if you get him the ball, there's a 50% chance he turns it over before he can get fouled (thrown away, dribbles it out of bounds, steps out for no fucking reason).  He leads the team in turnovers overall and has .07 turnovers/min played. 

Coleman is at .057 turnovers/min played AND he shoots 75%from the stripe. The ball needs to be in his hands under 4 min to go.  If he has less than 5 fouls, he needs to be on the floor, handling the ball, and forcing the defense to foul him and send him to the line. 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

This is what drives me most crazy about Shaka. I don't know if it's blind faith in players, but we should be making these adjustments. 

Another blatant example :

D. O. is 1 of his last 19 on 3 pt attempts and now 15-62 on the year. Yet he's put up at least 2 shots from deep in all but 4 games this season. 

He is a career 28% shooter behind the arc and is inexplicably 4 percentage points below his career average this year. 

Those shots are basically turnovers. 

DO has zero confidence in himself and should never be on the perimeter. He should play in the high post as a creator or the low post as a garbage man. Every game there are 3-4 instances where he catches a wide open pass in perfect rhythm on the perimeter, only to hesitate/second guess himself/weakly give a head fake/consider driving/end up passing the ball to someone who is closely guarded. It's tough to watch. 

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

DO has zero confidence in himself and should never be on the perimeter. He should play in the high post as a creator or the low post as a garbage man. Every game there are 3-4 instances where he catches a wide open pass in perfect rhythm on the perimeter, only to hesitate/second guess himself/weakly give a head fake/consider driving/end up passing the ball to someone who is closely guarded. It's tough to watch. 

Tough to watch is a gross understatement.

It's infuriating.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Tough to watch is a gross understatement.

It's infuriating.

I don't know seems like an odd time to talk about how infuriating he is. He's been much more aggressive about going to the low post and has played much better overall since the 1st KU game. Since then he's had games of 11pts & 9reb, 15pts & 11rebs, 9pts & 10rebs, 15pts & 7rebs, and then 16pts & 4rebs last night. 2 or 3 open and in rhythm 3s a game won't kill us if he's an aggressive presence in the post. I'd prefer for him to start low and get some early buckets before taking a 3, but compared to most of his career at UT Dylan has been playing well of late. Now Roach and Coleman on the other hand......

28 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I don't know seems like an odd time to talk about how infuriating he is. He's been much more aggressive about going to the low post and has played much better overall since the 1st KU game. Since then he's had games of 11pts & 9reb, 15pts & 11rebs, 9pts & 10rebs, 15pts & 7rebs, and then 16pts & 4rebs last night. 2 or 3 open and in rhythm 3s a game won't kill us if he's an aggressive presence in the post. I'd prefer for him to start low and get some early buckets before taking a 3, but compared to most of his career at UT Dylan has been playing well of late. Now Roach and Coleman on the other hand......

I'm talking about his specific habit of receiving the ball in triple-threat position BTA, pump-faking twice, and then slowly dribble-driving to the hoop when the defense has had ample time to reset.

• Like 1

I gotcha, yeah that's pretty infuriating. He's so hesitant that he's taking himself out of any advantage that he had to start with. He's had so many charges and turnovers in the past year and half when he was more aggressive with that he's totally psyched himself out of being a threat in that position.