Anderson High senior murdered by two Murchison eighth graders

South Austin

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Heard more details tonight.

The Anderson kid was selling THC vape cartridges. The Murchison kids argued with him that they were fake or shitty. Anderson kid pulled out a fake gun to scare them away. They pulled out real knives and stabbed him.

The Lamar girl that was caught with vapes, edibles, and vodka was the Anderson kid’s sister who was selling for him.

Sweet Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

The Anderson kid was selling THC vape cartridges. The Murchison kids argued with him that they were fake or shitty. Anderson kid pulled out a fake gun to scare them away. They pulled out real knives and stabbed him.

The Lamar girl that was caught with vapes, edibles, and vodka was the Anderson kid’s sister who was selling for him.

I didn’t hear the fake gun part but I have heard that one of the Murchison boys asked his girlfriend to video the confrontation. No idea if any of that is true.

So how does this change the case against the 8th graders? 

They are buying a product that is not wholly illegal, basically akin to a teenager buying tobacco, and what they think is a gun is pulled on them.  If I have a knife and some pulls a "gun" I might get stabby too.  Do they get off the hook if that information proves to be correct?

I forgot that there’s a rumor that there was a third middle school kid that drove them to the meet. Rumors he just fucking took off and hasn’t been found or the kids ain’t no snitches and won’t give him up.

This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Man, between this and the Lamar kid tear gassing the school on Wednesday, I’d enjoy reading some more hot takes on how people should move their families to NW Austin to escape from the brown kids at Reagan High.

1. I agree. Middle schoolers anywhere are dumbasses.

2. A lot of shit has happened at the low income minority schools over the years and it gets 10 seconds on the nightly news once and it’s done. Something happens to a rich white kid and it’s national news for weeks and panties are all in wads.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Man, between this and the Lamar kid tear gassing the school on Wednesday, I’d enjoy reading some more hot takes on how people should move their families to NW Austin to escape from the brown kids at Reagan High.

Ain't no school immune from this shit. In LTISD this week some high school kid assaulted their teacher and a kid that was getting bullied apparently made some threats involving a firearm via social media. 

On 2/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, landman said:

He quit because he was having an affair with Murchison librarian and her husband found out, came to the school, to confront the principal, vandalized his car, etc.  Ugly scene. 

lol yep but I was told it was an admin staffer

Same thing happened at connally hs in pflugerville a couple of years ago.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:44 AM, CooterBrown said:

Where did you hear that?  My understanding is that he was an only child.  Also, I have three kids at Anderson and heard none of that (doesn't mean it is wrong, but haven't heard the fake gun story anywhere else).

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Hey, you’re on The Surl. Pics are mandatory, especially in this case. IF she’s cute—post it. IF she’s questionable (like ursula level questionable)—-spolier the pic.

Well. We’re waiting.

It took about 45 seconds to track them down.  I'm sure she's a nice person . . . you don't want to see the photos.  

• 2 months later...

LASA released their 2019 Lip Dub.  Pretty cool for the kids.  The film has to be one take.  They do it every 2 years.  LASA parents try to find your kid.

Eagerly wait for the comments about the dorky kids.  Remember almost every single one of these dorky kids is going to college, many to the top universities in the nation.

here's 2017's

• Like 3

A lot of kindergarten red shirting has been going in the last 20 years.  My June birthday kid was the youngest kid in her graduating class.

Late 70s Pearce and I'll beat all you Bedicheck, Martin, O'Henry, Dobie, etc. fucks. First year of busing and the beginning of the destruction of both Windor and University Hills.

Hmmm, also late 70’s Pearce. 77/78.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Kids were shot in or on school grounds 3 of the 4 years I in High School.

It didn't make Dallas metro front page.

A decade later Columbine occurs.

Guess what color the victims and shooters were at my HS.

Magenta?

No wait, chartreuse!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

This. Jesus Christ could come back to Earth and some of you would put it in a nine-month old thread about church pot-lucks.

meh.  we used to have a LASA thread on shaggy.  this thread deviated to a discussion on austin high schools which included LASA.  didn't want to start a new LASA thread so it seemed like a good place to put that video.

50 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

meh.  we used to have a LASA thread on shaggy.  this thread deviated to a discussion on austin high schools which included LASA.  didn't want to start a new LASA thread so it seemed like a good place to put that video.

I hear ya, but this thread is also about homicide, so... maybe a new thread for LASA and/or Austin area high schools is in order--one that's not quite so murdery?

Edited by utee94
  • Like 2

Years ago, for homecoming the club I sponsored got a junk car and sold whacks with a sledgehammer as a fundraiser. Hours into the pummeling the driver's door panel separates and a loaded pistol falls out. Security is called. Silence.

A couple weeks ago, I receive an email from a parent that a knife was displayed on an activity bus I was driving for another school. I call the principal. Later I call back to see what the outcome was, as an athlete on my team just pulled a knife and it might have a bearing. "It was handled" was the schools response. Uh, ok. When I asked an ass't principal why I was out of the loop, he said all these type of activities are dealt with on a need-to-know basis to minimize rumors and news coverage.

Edited by Nolacycling