Anderson High senior murdered by two Murchison eighth graders

South Austin

11 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Years ago, for homecoming the club I sponsored got a junk car and sold whacks with a sledgehammer as a fundraiser. Hours into the pummeling the driver's door panel separates and a loaded pistol falls out. Security is called. Silence.

A couple weeks ago, I receive an email from a parent that a knife was displayed on an activity bus I was driving for another school. I call the principal. Later I call back to see what the outcome was, as an athlete on my team just pulled a knife and it might have a bearing. "It was handled" was the schools response. Uh, ok. When I asked an ass't principal why I was out of the loop, he said all these type of activities are dealt with on a need-to-know basis to minimize rumors and news coverage.

That’s a nice way of saying student consequences are confidential and I don’t want to lose my job, especially if that student was in special education. I have parents hitting me up all the time to know what ever happened to this or that kid. I can’t say shit. 

Edit to ask if you a parent or teacher. I would tell a teacher that has an educational interest in the student.

Edited by Larry T. Spider