Prayers for Derrian Brown (UPDATE: Transfer Portal)

Machinator

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic

A) Hope he graduates high school on time, and comes to UT on a full ride, medical or otherwise

B) If he isn't cleared to play football (which, non-medical professional that I am, just sounds more likely)... can he hit a curveball? A 3 pointer? Run track? Play quidditch?

I want to see him dressed up in burnt orange and winning something. Anything. I don't care what, I just want to root for this kid.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

If he enrolls next spring, is he in the 2019 or 2020 class? Can you go Medical and then come back to a full scholarship?

Far's I know, one can go any ways at all, as long as the ways are legit. This certainly will be, since the non-legit ways involve getting paid for playing one's specific sport or otherwise making actual money (endorsements, and...?). There are probably pitfalls in the reporting, but I'm pretty sure that CDC and MensaTom can and will make sure they're avoided.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, Machinator said:

I'm trying to flash back to my 18 to 20 year old self to think about what I would have done under the same circumstances. Perhaps I'm just not remembering my attitude at that age correctly but I really don't think I would try to play again I honestly. Got to say though I did love the game, really don't know what I would do.

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I'm trying to flash back to my 18 to 20 year old self to think about what I would have done under the same circumstances. Perhaps I'm just not remembering my attitude at that age correctly but I really don't think I would try to play again I honestly. Got to say though I did love the game, really don't know what I would do.

C'mon.....   Shooter's got to play again

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:08 AM, Reese Bennett said:

If he enrolls next spring, is he in the 2019 or 2020 class? Can you go Medical and then come back to a full scholarship?

As I understand it, your clock starts the moment you begin your first official practice. He will most likely be a freshman with the 2020 class.

• Like 1

You used to have 6 years to play 4 (with a medical redshirt + redshirt figured in), clock starting from the day you enrolled in college. If he takes classes this fall, his 6 year clock would start but that doesn’t mean much in this situation. If he ain’t playing by 2023, he probably isn’t playing ever. 

On 4/12/2019 at 5:42 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

You used to have 6 years to play 4 (with a medical redshirt + redshirt figured in), clock starting from the day you enrolled in college. If he takes classes this fall, his 6 year clock would start but that doesn’t mean much in this situation. If he ain’t playing by 2023, he probably isn’t playing ever. 

289444_full.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • immamac changed the title to Prayers for Derrian Brown (UPDATE: Transfer Portal)