Prayers for Derrian Brown

Machinator

I'm pulling so hard for this kid.  It's great that he's doing modified workouts - that's a good predictor for moving on to living a pretty normal life.  He's going to school.  He can get a degree.  He's setting himself up for the future.  If he gets to play a little football on top of that, great.  If nothing else, put him in to take the snap and kneel down at the end of the game.  Or, if he never suits up, I don't care one bit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

Derrian seems like such a great young man, but I'll be terrified if I ever watch him play a down of football. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

This. Yes it’s his dream & it’d be a great story, but some shit just isn’t worth it.

I'm not a doctor. If he's cleared, I'd love to see him play. I think we can all assume that nobody wants him to take an unnecessary risk.

Let's just play it out. Like all students, I hope he does well and graduates. Like all gifted people, I hope he can employ his gifts to the extent it's safe. I'll trust the professionals to advize him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

2 shillings would be 48 ha'pennies if I'm not mistaken

Or 96 farthings, for all that.

But the OP there was talking schillings, so... no pennies - I think Austrian schilling was 100 groschen, so two schillings 200 groschen. I think schillings were around a dime, maybe between nickel and dime. Prolly only got Euros now, though.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Prayers for Derrian Brown