The Diabeetus Thread

GSU&UT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 11:33 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

Kids with SATB2, as a general rule, don't talk. Ever. Most doctors give up on them living normal lives, and let parents get speech, occupational, etc. therapy just as a toss-off.

Our son did not say "Mama" until he was seven years old.

My wife and I have never accepted that for our son; he is doing grade level work (he's ten; does 4th grade "readin', writin', and 'rithmatic")... and is starting to put together spoken sentences unprompted. Most of the time, only the family can understand, but it's getting better and better by the day. So, this was a big fuckin' hairy deal to our family:

"I sneezed three times and Mama gave me a tissue." After I had asked him how his day at the museum went, he said it unprompted, so clearly, my wife made him repeat it for video, and he was a little nervous, so she had to prompt him the second time through with sign language, but this is pretty close to how it originally sounded, too.

God bless y'all two.

Edited by workswithseed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:54 PM, Parliament said:

Whew. That reminds me of the day I adopted my two kids, siblings in danger of being split up. We had a full courtroom of family and friends, and I was not prepared for the emotional impact of the moment. One of my aunts started with the unchecked emotion, and it spread like wildfire. I remember the judge saying that she always starts the day with adoptions because the rest of the day is a bummer. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...