Star Trek Discovery: Season 2 - It Got Good. Real Good. (Ep 1 inside)

atomheartbevo

On 1/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, hornbri said:

I just watched episode 6 and 

Reveal hidden contents

Why is everyone just cool with Zora having feelings all of a sudden?

Episode 7 did a good job with this and glad it was not just going to be “evil AI takes over again”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DSC returns 2/10 and was renewed for season 5

Picard season 2 on 3/3 (season 3 already green lit) 

SNW season 1 on 5/5 (season 2 is green lit) 

LD gets another 10 episodes this summer (season 4 green lit)

Prodigy gets another 10 episodes later this year (second half of season 1) 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Prodigy’s first half of the season should wrap up as Discovery comes back from break. Discovery and Picard will overlap some. Picard ends and SNW should begin. Lower Decks should be on right after, taking us into September. Which lines up for prodigy’s second set of 10 episodes to take us through the end of 2022

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, Js1 said:

Prodigy’s first half of the season should wrap up as Discovery comes back from break. Discovery and Picard will overlap some. Picard ends and SNW should begin. Lower Decks should be on right after, taking us into September. Which lines up for prodigy’s second set of 10 episodes to take us through the end of 2022

On 2/1/2022 at 9:19 PM, YChang said:

Good grief from a prolonged drought of nothing… to all this. With that said, Discovery needs some TLC to get the story quality/interest back up for me. They certainly don’t skimp on the SFX.  

They are going all in on Star Trek.  At some media event last week, they said the plan is that there will be a new episode on Paramount+ of one Star Trek series or another every week.  It’s a lot given the series are all 10-12 episodes or so.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, Js1 said:

Picard season 2 on 3/3 (season 3 already green lit)

Season 3 is officially the last season of Picard. 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:11 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Starfleet Academy

Apparently going to be set during Discovery and focus on Tilly and Admiral Vance.  

Akiva Goldsman has said he wants to do an anthology series of one-off episodes, like Jonathan Archer after he’s retired from Starfleet, Sulu in his later years, follow-ups to episodes from various ST series that were fan favorites and could be explored in more detail.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are going all in on Star Trek.  At some media event last week, they said the plan is that there will be a new episode on Paramount+ of one Star Trek series or another every week.  It’s a lot given the series are all 10-12 episodes or so.

Yep. Prodigy had its midseason finale last week (episode #10)
Discovery starts back up on Thursday for the 2nd half of season 4 (episodes 8 to 13) will run from February 10 to March 17
Picard season 2 starts March 3 and runs through May 5
SNW starts May 5 and runs through July 7
You can probably assume LD season 3 starts July 7 or July 14 and runs for 10 weeks (through mid/end of September)
And finally ends with Prodigy's second half of the season 1 (10 more episodes) so through Thanksgiving-ish

COVID fucked up the release of DSC between season 2 and 3, but with production mostly back in order, I expect DSC season 5 to premier after Prodigy's run ends in November/early December. 

Edited by Js1

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

Can we PLEASE get an Enterprise F series?  Seems like it would print money.

Picard is ending next year.  Discovery will probably be ending in a season or two - speculation is the Academy series is a full spin-off as a result with Tilly and Dadmiral Vance.

Academy and Section 31 can fill those slots, but they will probably want toss in an additional series they haven't mentioned yet.

The anthology could really stretch things out, and they could even use it to pad stuff out from the Academy and Section 31 series (like some episode in either of those series mentions some past event, so the anthology series does an episode or two on it).

But just as much as I'd like an F series, I'd love a Temporal Wars series that jumped back and forth.

I haven't caught up on Discovery so far...was waiting to binge...but I will say the first half season for Prodigy surprised me.  Obviously geared to kids but just enough for adults to really get it going.

The last 3 episodes or so were really really good.  They had a "Lost in Time" episode that should have been pretty paint by numbers, that was really unique and a bit touching.

Along with Lower Decks their animated stuff is top notch.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

I haven't caught up on Discovery so far...was waiting to binge...but I will say the first half season for Prodigy surprised me.  Obviously geared to kids but just enough for adults to really get it going.

The last 3 episodes or so were really really good.  They had a "Lost in Time" episode that should have been pretty paint by numbers, that was really unique and a bit touching.

Agreed, Prodigy animation team is outstanding. Would not mind one bit a non-Nick targeted animated show in the same style. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Drew said:

I've seen people comment that Kurtman doesn't care about the animated stuff.

Lower Decks is a blast.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m struggling with this season. The ideas are there, but the stories are not playing to the actors’ strengths. They’ve sapped the grit out of the captain. The treatment of the general borders on minstrel-like. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Next week is Strange New Worlds!

Episode titles and synopses for the first 5 weeks

Spoiler

1.01 - Strange New Worlds

CAPTAIN CHRISTOPHER PIKE COMES OUT OF SELF-IMPOSED EXILE TO RESCUE AN OFFICER GONE MISSING DURING A SECRET MISSION.

1.02 Children of the Comet

AN ANCIENT ALIEN RELIC THWARTS THE ENTERPRISE CREW FROM RE-ROUTING A COMET ON TRACK TO STRIKE AN INHABITED PLANET.

1.03 Ghosts of Illyria

UNA MUST CONFRONT A SECRET SHE’S BEEN HIDING WHEN A CONTAGION RAVAGES THE SHIP, INCAPACITATING THE REST OF THE CREW.

1.04 Momento Mori

PIKE MUST FIND UNCONVENTIONAL STARFLEET METHODS TO DEAL WITH A MALEVOLENT FORCE THAT ATTACKS THE ENTERPRISE.

1.05 Spock Amok

A PERSONAL VISIT CAUSES A COMEDY OF ERRORS DURING SPOCK & PIKE’S CRUCIAL NEGOTIATIONS WITH AN UNUSUAL ALIEN SPECIES.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In Season 5, Captain Burnham and the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery uncover a mystery that sends them on an epic adventure across the galaxy to find an ancient power whose very existence has been deliberately hidden for centuries. But there are others on the hunt as well … dangerous foes who are desperate to claim the prize for themselves and will stop at nothing to get it. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/8/2022 at 11:49 PM, Js1 said:

In Season 5, Captain Burnham and the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery uncover a mystery that sends them on an epic adventure across the galaxy to find an ancient power whose very existence has been deliberately hidden for centuries. But there are others on the hunt as well … dangerous foes who are desperate to claim the prize for themselves and will stop at nothing to get it. 

I'm pretty sure that was an episode of ST:TNG...maybe even two different episodes.

• 9 months later...