Leatherworking

NotActuallyALonghorn

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, davidg said:

One of my favorite youtube channels The Essential Craftsman visits a rawhide braider and saddle maker who is making an ax sheath for an old family heirloom ax.  Really nice and detailed work.

Hmmmm.... But does he also make them for tomahawks?

Asking for all of the people who bought a 'hawk when we were on the other site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Here's a quick and dirty one I did a couple years ago.

spacer.png

Your skills and/or level of effort have improved considerably since then.  I have several axes, single and double bit, that need sheathes so that video hit home with me. The EC channel did another video on the pattern and kit they are selling (the ones the kids were riveting) but I don’t like the look of the leather they have in that kit.      I’ve got several square ft of 12 oz leather I bought to make a couple of knife stropes that might get made into a couple of sheaths.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread with a quick question-

Working on a project with the kiddo, and looking to tie/weave a grip for a walking staff. 

Any recommendations for a good place to purchase flat leather lace? We'd like to use 1/2 inch (or even a bit wider), and need about 25 feet or so (to allow for mistakes)...

Thanks in advance....

• 3 weeks later...

Been working on making earings for my wife's e-business she is trying to get off the ground. We have a few pop up shops coming up in the next couple of months, so hopefully these sell well.

spacer.png

the blue, pink (color got washed out, so look more white), and black/grey/white ones are different varieties of snake skin with vegetable tanned calf backing, and the red, orange, and dark grey ones are saffiano leather that I believe came from leftover Coach stocks.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got some orders and started my leatherwork up again. Check this out, I got an order for a camp chair top. They also requested a “black and grey camo” stain. I think I nailed it, but what do you think? (Still working on painting the logo and stitching it on.)

358E7EBB-6E1F-4575-951C-9552C2CC4BB7.jpeg

86DA4382-00B8-4B30-BD0B-7AD36406CFE6.jpeg

3AFBE0AB-FAD4-4843-A31B-83571D29FCCA.jpeg

C2504A91-8378-4C53-9145-7DB5EE59E66E.jpeg

96EBFF53-F5F7-49EC-8E57-F441081D3996.jpeg

Edited by Droopy
Adding finished paint
  • Like 3