Fast and Furious and Hobbs and Shaw

Parliament

I actually find it interesting that “The Rock” really was in fact pissed, and showed Vin who in fact has more Hollywood money power.

I thought the reports that were circulating of their slap fight was simply an attempt to jack up ticket sales on their last shit show..cars vs submarines. But, now we know that Rock crushes Diesel.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Could be the worst movie I've seen this year.  The way movies are made now, there's literally no story building.  It's explosion to fight to shooting to fight to explosion, rinse, repeat.  I'm done watching the movie and I cannot remember what I just saw.  There's nothing to retain.

Someone remade Time in a Bottle.  Why?  The original would have been just fine.  Instead we got some shit with some kid who can hardly speak.

make sure to listen to at least 1:30

Eiza Gonzalez was on the screen for about 10 seconds wish it had been more

m-xe3i9dqUjeJBE8w7VYKMLZDoCsp_zztwwxUW6D

that's all I got, wait for DVD/HBO

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

I actually find it interesting that “The Rock” really was in fact pissed, and showed Vin who in fact has more Hollywood money power.

I thought the reports that were circulating of their slap fight was simply an attempt to jack up ticket sales on their last shit show..cars vs submarines. But, now we know that Rock crushes Diesel.

Showed Vin... what?  I think you left out some words there.

16 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

less CGI, more story.  Remember the first F&F?  Way more story, less CGI, better movie.  Hell, Tokyo Drift is #2 for me just because of the story

You mean Point Break...except Cars? 

Yeah way better.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

This latest movie without Vin had a $60,000,000 US opening weekend.   The previous one with Vin had a $98,000,000 opening.

So the Rock showed him what exactly?  how to have an under-performing opening weekend? That's cool I guess. 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:51 PM, Drew said:

How much story building do you need for a Fast And Furious Spin Off.  You know the characters, the same basic plot for every movie.

If you see it at the Alamo Drafthouse they have a recap of all you need to know right before the previews start. And even if you didn’t see that you won’t be missing out on much. Two bad asses fighting a villain is all you need to know.

I’m not mad I saw it or anything but thought it was pretty meh. Not sure why but was a little underwhelmed despite knowing what I was getting into. 

You people are party poopers. This movie kicked ass and I'm gonna see it again. 

Don't know why this movie is underperforming. I think it's because outside the F&F franchise, the Rock is the much bigger star. But inside the world of La Familia, its all about the Diesel.

Vanessa Kirby is low key hot.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, mulletpelini said:

less CGI, more story.  Remember the first F&F?  Way more story, less CGI, better movie.  Hell, Tokyo Drift is #2 for me just because of the story

I think Fast 5 was probably the best of the series.  That was the best blend of turning the franchise into a "heist/action/thriller" series, but had a cool story and hook with some CGI stunts, but they were at least relatively sane (although certainly above the suspension of disbelief threshold - the train/bridge scene and towing the safe with dodge chargers).  

This thing was certainly over the top in a "Die Another Day" kind of way.  I still enjoyed it for what it was, and of course my 11 year old loved it.  

Edited by pepper brooks

• 1 year later...

Just back from the theater.  Ooooffff!  Not sure what to say. I’ve missed the last few. I think if you’ve come to love thin plots, over the top, could never happen in a million years action scenes and people who were dead now being alive again somehow…you will be pleased.  Hope that doesn’t spoil it for anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Just back from the theater.  Ooooffff!  Not sure what to say. I’ve missed the last few. I think if you’ve come to love thin plots, over the top, could never happen in a million years action scenes and people who were dead now being alive again somehow…you will be pleased.  Hope that doesn’t spoil it for anyone. 

Just watched the previous 8 movies looking for plot holes, and just as I suspected, airtight. 

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

These dudes started off taking on hijackers in civics and Subarus.

Now they battle international terrorists and crime lord's in civics and Subarus..okey dokey.

I'm definitely pirating this one in honor of John China.

The best part was they were hijacking dvd players from truckers.  They could have at least had them knocking off armored cars or something.  

• 3 months later...