Game 22: Texas at Iowa State, 1 PM, ESPN2

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This is the kind of tough game that a well coached team pulls out. It's exactly the kind of game that we've lost more times than not under Shaka. Perfect example of why he's not the right coach for Texas. 

Losing to isu on the road isnt the reason.  Its losing home games he should win and having a horrific offensive plan.

A loss is a loss and Texas problem hasn’t been getting blown out our problem is losing a lot of close games and not finding a way to win games. 

Yea we are 12-10 but Texas hasn’t really had any blowout losses which is way more maddening. 

Classic shaka teams that can’t find a way to win games especially on the road.

You have a better team than you think.  This didn’t surprise me at all.  Hope we don’t draw y’all in KC.

Yeah, I will have to disagree with you. The team lost to Radford and VCU. This team is poorly constructed with a terrible coach who is total inept at teaching/coaching offense. If we are a decent team, the Big 12 is hot garbage.

Our size advantage inside did not really show up in this game until the last 10 minutes.  I felt like we left a lot of inside play and ISU foul trouble out on the floor.  Coleman played a gutty game but as Steamboat said our guards overall are just not good enough to put a game on their backs on the road. 

8 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Yeah, I will have to disagree with you. The team lost to Radford and VCU. This team is poorly constructed with a terrible coach who is total inept at teaching/coaching offense. If we are a decent team, the Big 12 is hot garbage.

The Big 12 is undeniably down this year

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was listening on the radio. At this point Eddie Oran yelled “what are you waiting for??”.

it was the equivalent of the GDGD play action from our own end zone when we're down double digits with 90 seconds left or whatever. Coleman let's the ball roll, then picks it up and slowly starts walking and calling a play, wasting 3-4 full seconds before he even got going. It was baffling. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

I especially liked how Texas went on a 7-0 to cut it to one, then Shaka calls a timeout with 59 seconds to go and the offense looks like shit the rest of the game. I really appreciate how the guards would take their time setting up the offense down multiple possessions and under 30 seconds to play.

Shaka has gone into his 7 man rotation of death as well. Hilarious that Mitrou-Long was hailed as a savior, but has slowly seen his playing time decrease to the 2 minutes he got today. Shaka is a fucking pathetic excuse of a coach and recruiter.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think derka posted it earlier this week but we are in the top 40 of adjusted o and d. Whether you wanna blame talent or coaching and it’s pribably a mixture our team u see Shaka has always lacked a killer instinct and not capable of closing out games or winning a big road game.

Short version: We have no leader wearing a uniform or a tie. 

3 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

We had more offense in middle school and our only play was “stack”

Lol my high school freshman coach had one play against a man and it was called “popcorn”. 

Point guard brings it up and everyone “pops” out. Fucking terrible.

Shaka has a ninth grade basketball coach feel. 

2 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

For a second there I actually started to think maybe this is one of those close games we will actually win. Maybe, just maybe, Shaka has had enough experience in these close games to have figured something out by now.

Haha. What the fuck was I thinking?

You were thinking we had a coach that could learn from the past

11 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol my high school freshman coach had one play against a man and it was called “popcorn”. 

Point guard brings it up and everyone “pops” out. Fucking terrible.

Shaka has a ninth grade basketball coach feel. 

My ninth grade coach could coach circles around Shaka.

Two small but crucial things ticked me off and both coach and player are to blame.  On a close ISU shot, DO makes the move to the baseline to grab the made shot, but the ISU player misses the shot and is able to easily get the offensive rebound and put it in.  DO traps the perimeter player on the high side (towards midcourt) and allows his player to have a wide open shot.