Game 22: Texas at Iowa State, 1 PM, ESPN2

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is comically predictable.

You wonder why KU wins 15 straight Big 12 titles?  Shit like this.  No offense, but this is a horrific loss.

Oh, stahp. Texas could be up by a dozen with 13 seconds left, and there'd still be plenty of time for the Horns to choke.

It's been a pleasant surprise so far, but there's eons of time and I fully expect ISU to pull this out.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

This is the kind of tough game that a well coached team pulls out. It's exactly the kind of game that we've lost more times than not under Shaka. Perfect example of why he's not the right coach for Texas. 

You aren't going to find sympathy for Shaka on this board but this game isn't your Exhibit A.  That's fucking dumb.  They are a better team at home where they rarely lose.  We competed well and they just hit a couple of clutch shots  down the stretch.  That's not on Shaka.

• Like 2

Just now, Skipper said:

You aren't going to find sympathy for Shaka on this board but this game isn't your Exhibit A.  That's fucking dumb.  They are a better team at home where they rarely lose.  We competed well and they just hit a couple of clutch shots  down the stretch.  That's not on Shaka.

I'm not saying this is a game they should have won. ISU is a good team, and great at home. But a good team steals these every now and then. I'm guessing our percentage of stealing games like this is horribly low. We will never be one of those teams that pulls them out under Shaka. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, but they missed the front end of that so it helped us at the time.

They also got three points off of undeserved free throws--Wigg when he stuck his leg out for a 4-point play, and then Shayok misses a bunny on the ensuing possession but is given two shots.

Like I said, think ISU pulls it out anyway, but it's unsettling that refs feel the need to assert themselves at critical moments in a game, and often one-sidedly.

Once ISU had established a lead, they settled down and called it fairly straight. Their job was done, I guess.